Metaverse model

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: Metaverse model

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:53 pm

That seems entirely possible to me. I don't know about probable, but definitely possible.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:58 pm

I feel like I may have considered that at some point, but my mind keeps skittering off... or maybe I'm just convincing myself that I must have, because it makes SO MUCH SENSE OH GOD that I kind of wish I'd thought of it first (but I'm glad Pixie thought of it first because if I had I wouldn't have been able to articulate that nearly as coherently).

...I probably sound mercenary saying this, but... who wants to point out that possibility, backed solidly in the Metaverse Model, to Morgana?

Anyway, since I kind of AM against killing all teh fictionalzz, this idea (which, though it is only a possibility, makes enough sense that it has taken root in my mind with considerable strength) does much to bolster my anti-wall-sealing position. At least if we send them back, even against their wills, we know they're going to LIVE (well, unless we kill them off in the refic. but with elephants.).
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:38 am

Holy shit, Pixel, you're a genius. I have absolutely no idea why I didn't consider that option.
It fits the meta-conditions like a glove: it both solves the characters' existence problems, and sorta punishes us for taking the path of least resistance.

Now that I think about it, I can't unthink it. It's just so appropriate.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:18 am

As interesting as the theory is, Mr. A seems to disagree. I guess the possibility is still there, but I'm calling it debunked.
Last edited by WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:22 am

Um, Wacky, you're just linking to his twitter feed. Could you please link the tweet that makes you think he disagrees?
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:23 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Um, Wacky, you're just linking to his twitter feed. Could you please link the tweet that makes you think he disagrees?

Wow, I'm an idiot. Must be sleep deprived. Take this: https://twitter.com/YouHaveFailedUs/sta ... 3604780033

Edit: And I'm orwellian editting. No real point. Just cause.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Butbutbut! But meta! And everything! :(
Bawwwwwwwww

Harumph. I never. :evil:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:59 pm

Ok. Let's stop it here, but let me be a literal words lawyer for a moment. :twisted:
Jeroic wrote:@YouHaveFailedUs Pixel came up with this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35&start=100#p34003 … Would fictionals stuck on this side die?

cAke wrote:@Jeroic9 WE DO NOT BELIEVE SO.

WMG: Mr. A didn't read the explanation, as I don't mean "Death" as in having a heart attack and being buried (Human-like death). And replied on the assumption that I did mean that. Thus the "explode in sparks of light and cease existing" can still be valid.

I'll sort of disprove it myself by saying: "Meta: If we get a confirmation on this. It would be too easy to end the moral dilemma and the Cabal would have zero ground to oppose refictionalization. Since narrative requires opposition, we can't have this confirmed." ;)

So I guess we can't use it after all. :(
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Jeroic9 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:50 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Ok. Let's stop it here, but let me be a literal words lawyer for a moment. :twisted:
Jeroic wrote:@YouHaveFailedUs Pixel came up with this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35&start=100#p34003 … Would fictionals stuck on this side die?

cAke wrote:@Jeroic9 WE DO NOT BELIEVE SO.

WMG: Mr. A didn't read the explanation, as I don't mean "Death" as in having a heart attack and being buried (Human-like death). And replied on the assumption that I did mean that. Thus the "explode in sparks of light and cease existing" can still be valid.

I'll sort of disprove it myself by saying: "Meta: If we get a confirmation on this. It would be too easy to end the moral dilemma and the Cabal would have zero ground to oppose refictionalization. Since narrative requires opposition, we can't have this confirmed." ;)

So I guess we can't use it after all. :(

But you have to factor in his second responseto me as well.

Because yes, there is that.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Previous

Return to General Discussion