Second Wall Emergency

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Second Wall Emergency

Postby Gurt on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Lime Man again, reporting in from the front.

Anansi is approaching a Crack in the Wall.

I need help from writers. You'll have to send in a story where our Guardian turns him back in the next 72 hours. If that time passes without some plan being sent my way, he'll cross into the real world. I don't need to tell you how bad that would be.

Gnarbrydh and the Regulator are the two Guardians close enough to intercept him in time. You gotta only send one, though, otherwise I won't be able to cover all the Cracks.

Email your stories to Mr. Administrator: oneabovethewall at gmail dot com. He'll make sure they're elevated to Canon. The one which happens will get posted.

Smash him to bits, or better yet, get him to turn around on her own. Whatever works. Just don't go all Sue on me, it makes bad canon. Do what you have to.

Just remember what me old pappy told me when I was just a flower: "When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. When life gives you limes, you go KICK SOME ASS." :gurt:

-Gurt

P.S. Gnarbrydh was bonded to me so I could control him. In case you missed my post last time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anansi
AS DICTATED TO 05-07-07-19
Gurt

Re: Second Wall Emergency

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Wait who?
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:27 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anansi

Edit: Added the page to his original post.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Gurt on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Also, some of you guys had questions last time - here's some answers.

It doesn't have to be the original author who writes about the characters.

The original stories are here.

And from last time:

Gurt wrote:This shit's gonna go down around the edge of the Void. But I wouldn't be too surprised to see bits and pieces of Medusa's setting leak into it. That's the whole problem, you see. These folks bring their tropes with 'em.

I guess that means, since you're writin it, you can choose how much of leaking-in happens.

The Big Guy said "pick a setting you find appropriate". Basically the same thing.
AS DICTATED TO 05-07-07-19
Gurt

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Well... fun. Very fun. I have no clue who I'm going to be fighting, and neither of the available guardians really match my style... however if you guys still want to see what I come up with (This time it won't be so hurried) tell me and I'll start messing around. Also, if you want, suggest which guardian I should use.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Well... fun. Very fun. I have no clue who I'm going to be fighting, and neither of the available guardians really match my style... however if you guys still want to see what I come up with (This time it won't be so hurried) tell me and I'll start messing around. Also, if you want, suggest which guardian I should use.

You should do it whether we're asking or not, Gurt needs our help!

But I want to see you use Gnarbrydh
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Adell wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Well... fun. Very fun. I have no clue who I'm going to be fighting, and neither of the available guardians really match my style... however if you guys still want to see what I come up with (This time it won't be so hurried) tell me and I'll start messing around. Also, if you want, suggest which guardian I should use.

You should do it whether we're asking or not, Gurt needs our help!

But I want to see you use Gnarbrydh

Sure. I'll pull off something with Gnarby. Say, if I were to write one for each and submit them both, would Gurt have a problem with it?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:53 pm

By the way, Dryu, if you see this, could you PM me/post here an in-depth description of The Regulator's power set? I'm actually thinking I can do something for both characters. No promises though. i may not have time.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Krika on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Nice! I look forward to seeing what shows up, given that I like those kinds of stories. In fact, if I feel up to it, I might try to do something in the style of a myth (others can feel free to steal that, as I most likely won't do it, and even if I do I won't feel offended. Still, just a thought).
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:11 am

Sicon112 wrote:By the way, Dryu, if you see this, could you PM me/post here an in-depth description of The Regulator's power set? I'm actually thinking I can do something for both characters. No promises though. i may not have time.

I'll say it here, so that everyone can see: the story only contains references to teleportation (apparently, long-range one, too) and psychic powers - more precisely, mind-bending ones, but I think they can be more versatile. Considering that you are the canon originators now, whatever you write about him will make it to canon if the story gets picked, so I don't think I can stop you from giving him more powers. :gurt: (But I think he is nearly a Marty Stu even the way he is.)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:14 am

Dryunya wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:By the way, Dryu, if you see this, could you PM me/post here an in-depth description of The Regulator's power set? I'm actually thinking I can do something for both characters. No promises though. i may not have time.

I'll say it here, so that everyone can see: the story only contains references to teleportation (apparently, long-range one, too) and psychic powers - more precisely, mind-bending ones, but I think they can be more versatile. Considering that you are the canon originators now, whatever you write about him will make it to canon if the story gets picked, so I don't think I can stop you from giving him more powers. :gurt: (But I think he is nearly a Marty Stu even the way he is.)

Now I LIKE teleportation. However, what are the psychic powers exactly? Did you intend them to only effect minds? Even so, I can still use them to AWESOME effect with teleporting.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:16 am

Oh, and, considering that he was flexing his hands, I kind of intended him to be requiring something along the lines of Pstandard Psychic Pstance (or Full Contact Magic - whatever). Still not required, though, especially considering that this was negated by Offscreen Moment Of Awesome.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:17 am

Dryunya wrote:Oh, and, considering that he was flexing his hands, I kind of intended him to be requiring something along the lines of Pstandard Psychic Pstance (or Full Contact Magic - whatever). Still not required, though, especially considering that this was negated by Offscreen Moment Of Awesome.

What if I were to hook up the powers to his eyes.... MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:

This. Will. Be. AWESOME!
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby agoraoptera on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:19 am

Done. What's the email again?
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby Greyscale on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:25 am

Looks like it's:

Gurt wrote:oneabovethewall at gmail dot com.
Greyscale

Postby JRPictures on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:26 am

Well I'd love to see where this goes.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby agoraoptera on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:41 am

Thanks! Alright, sent, now to sit back and wait.
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:14 am

Oh dear... my knowledge of the Anansi myths is shoddy at best, and I have other stuff that needs writing so I think I may have to sit this one out. Good luck to everyone else, though!
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:43 am

Scarab wrote:Oh dear... my knowledge of the Anansi myths is shoddy at best, and I have other stuff that needs writing so I think I may have to sit this one out. Good luck to everyone else, though!

Mine is null and void. I found out this name on this thread!
But I kind of want to write one... I mean, I didn't write for Medusa. No fair letting all the fun go to waste... And besides, this will be a good competition for the Canon entry.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:50 am

I'll write something, but I'd honestly rather someone else's be the story that gets elevated to canon. Still, I'd feel sad if I didn't at least do something.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:55 am

narrativedilettante wrote:I'll write something, but I'd honestly rather someone else's be the story that gets elevated to canon. Still, I'd feel sad if I didn't at least do something.

May the best one win. If it's you again, we'll have to try harder for the third! :D
Pixelmage

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:27 pm

That's it. Sent mine!
Wish me luck? (Damn, now I'm anxious!)
Pixelmage

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:21 am

Sent mine off.

Good luck Pixie! (Though maybe it's late and I should have said that more quickly after you posted. Meh, there's still time.)
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:17 pm

Just one question: how much time do I have left? I was going to finally get on my story tomorrow morning (that's in about 10 hours).
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:24 pm

We still have about 30 hours. You're good for tomorrow morning.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Next

Return to General Discussion