Refics

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Refics

Postby Guyshane on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:35 pm

Rights so we we discussing in the chatroom about planning out whose doing what refic.Well now we have a topic where we can discuss the refics and get dibs on characters you want to refic. Have fun.
Poirot-
Cheshire-
Sherlock-
Don-
The Wicked witch-
LJS-
R&J-
if there is anyone I'm missing tell me and I'll add them to the list
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Re: Refics

Postby H22 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Poirot and Sherlock, for me. I have a strange idea for DQ, but I wouldn't want to deprive others.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Krika on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:39 pm

We can probably just make a Google Doc, it'll be easier to keep track of that sort of thing. I'll have it up in a minute.

EDIT: Right, here we go (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlMkl9BsZlPdM06aSrlUQGnPlelea30Ne4eTTAfm5Z8/edit). Read the rules and follow them.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:59 pm

I'll elaborate a bit on why we're doing this for those who were not in the chatroom.

We now have a time limit, and those refics will need to be sent soon. Even if we don't have all the tropes, we can incorporate them faster on a nearly complete refic than it would take, time wise, to write the full thing from scratch only after we get the echoes.

As to why register who is doing what, well, we only need 1 story to be canon, but we need stories for ALL the characters. Registering who is working on what we can see which characters need the most love. It's not meant to limit anyone, just help us all choose to work where work is more direly needed.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Krika on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Thus, I made the Doc so that everybody can update their reficking status without needing to all go through one person.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby Dryunya on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Also, if we want to fulfill at least a part of our promise to LJS, his refics should receive slightly more manpower to increase the probability of a good story.
As I said, I'm bad at this, and don't have the time lately, so don't count on me. :( But if I do it, I'll try Quixote, the Witch, or Cheshire. Most probably the latter.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:12 pm

I too doubt my writing skills, but I'll try to get as many as I can.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:11 pm

I really don't think this should be necessary. That's what the Refictionalization threads-per-character are for-- to make sure that at least someone will be working on it. This seems overly complicated/confusing.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I really don't think this should be necessary. That's what the Refictionalization threads-per-character are for-- to make sure that at least someone will be working on it. This seems overly complicated/confusing.

You can't assume to know something no one told you.

This is just to make sure we know something is being done about every character. Otherwise I'd feel very bad to see the deadline go by and no refic being submitted because everyone "thought someone was on the case already". ^^

Besides, it's actually easier to have all the info neatly sorted in a single place, rather than having to thread hop all the time. And this does not eliminate the need for dedicated threads to discuss particular ideas to each character.
Pixelmage

Postby JRPictures on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:26 am

My holidays are coming up in another week or two so depending on the time I could get a Refic in.

Though my writing skills aren't particularly strong I do make good enough stories to make up for it.

As for who I could do:
Cheshire-
The Wicked witch-
LJS-
R&J-
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby S_o_S on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:43 am

... I might have Attention Deficit Creator Disorder.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Scarab on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Do we have a list somewhere with all the already-reficced characters highlighted.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:19 pm

I created a Successful Refics header on the Doc file, so everyone go up and update it to look nice with the credits for each refic and all that? xD (Yeah, I'm that lazy, but I might do it later when I have time to go looking for the relevant links, maybe.)
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:19 pm

Bump. How do I stick this? :?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby JackAlsworth on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:02 pm

There ya go. :P
JackAlsworth

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:59 am

I am sort of working on a refic for Cheshire. I just added myself :)
RotavatoR

Return to General Discussion