Dracula's letter

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Dracula's letter

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:18 am

So Endless told me there's a letter on the front page, and it seems to be from Dracula. The strange thing is that he has already been refic'd, so if this is his refic story, then who sent it?
RotavatoR

Re: Dracula's letter

Postby Scarab on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:38 am

A very good question, Rota... possibly Mister A got another of his agents to do it. It seems a pretty good story so it probably wasn't Ace. It seems he's not very good at writing.

Anyway I don't mind telling you all I am pretty glad to see the back of THAT guy, I mean, jeeze, that letter alone gives me the creeps...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:40 am

Scarab wrote:A very good question, Rota... possibly Mister A got another of his agents to do it. It seems a pretty good story so it probably wasn't Ace. It seems he's not very good at writing.

Anyway I don't mind telling you all I am pretty glad to see the back of THAT guy, I mean, jeeze, that letter alone gives me the creeps...

Can I see it?

I would like to see how creepy it is.

Then harass him by spamming Van Helsing killed you haha.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Scarab on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:43 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:
Scarab wrote:A very good question, Rota... possibly Mister A got another of his agents to do it. It seems a pretty good story so it probably wasn't Ace. It seems he's not very good at writing.

Can I see it?

Sure., it's on the main WTF page, Pyro: http://watchthefootage.twwf.info/?p=434

But you'll have a hard time spamming him, he's already gone back to where he came from. ;)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby JRPictures on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:53 am

Very interesting but what's the point in showing this now? Could this be related to the characters that are leaving their stories without arriving at the wall? I dunno. Notably this letter was part of the mail Joe's place had received during his absence, so it could've been mailed to him shortly before he left.

As for who mailed this, I don't know either.

(Also of note is that Dracula signs himself off as Count Vladimir Dragulia, some research by me of the original novel has his name not be credited as such.)
Last edited by JRPictures on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:54 am

JRPictures wrote:Very interesting but what's the point in showing this now? Could this be related to the characters that are leaving their stories without arriving at the wall? I dunno. Notably this letter was part of the mail Joe's place had received during his absence, so it could've been mailed to him shortly before he left.

As for who mailed this, I don't know either.

(Also of note is that he signs himself off as Count Vladimir Dragulia, some reasrch of the original novel has his name not seem to be credited as such.)

I think it's just a little bit of.. well, meat in the sandwhich, basically. Just another little thing we can look at, something interesting to share. It COULD be related to the fact characters are escaping the wall without apparantly approaching it... but I don't know, at this point. We'll have to wait on information.
Scarab

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:26 am

Scarab wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:

Can I see it?

Sure., it's on the main WTF page, Pyro: http://watchthefootage.twwf.info/?p=434

But you'll have a hard time spamming him, he's already gone back to where he came from. ;)

Eh.

But nice letter- it looks into his personality- and for once, a BAD GUY who doesn't want to stay!
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Endless Sea on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:45 am

Bad is relative.

Also, yay! I contributed!
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby Dryunya on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:11 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:But nice letter- it looks into his personality- and for once, a BAD GUY who doesn't want to stay!

Ahem. The Witch, anyone?
They have no reason to stay if they can't be bad here.

Also, I don't understand why Joe thinks it may be a refic story. It doesn't seem to take place in Dracula's setting, and if it was a story about him, he couldn't write it himself, as we've established.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:00 am

Dryunya wrote:
Also, I don't understand why Joe thinks it may be a refic story. It doesn't seem to take place in Dracula's setting, and if it was a story about him, he couldn't write it himself, as we've established.

Obviously, if it was Dracula's refic story, it wouldn't be written by Dracula himself, but it could very well be written to look like a letter written by Dracula, much like Adam's refic story. But, like you said, it wasn't written in his universe, so it's not likely to have been his refic.

But I suppose it's possible. At the very least, it could've been one of the rejected refics. This letter was very likely written very early on long before Cinderella's refic, long before Mr. A or any of his agents would know exactly what it would take to send the characters back. There are probably a ton of these stories written by agents using trial and error to figure out how to send the agents back. And, who knows, it could be stories like these that may have given Mr. A reason to want to use us instead of Ace.

As for why this story was sent to Joe and why we are being shown this now, I think the answer is fairly obvious. It's just a little treat for us. I don't think it really affects the plot much at all. And I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the characters disappearing from their stories (Seriously, how could it?). I did send a tweet to Mr. A yesterday asking if we would ever see the stories used to refic the puppets and the other fictionals that were already sent back, and he answered with a very vague maybe. I'm not saying that I prompted this new letter being posted, but I do think they knew we would be interested in seeing such things, so they obliged.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Return to General Discussion