WALL EMERGENCY

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

WALL EMERGENCY

Postby Gurt on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:46 pm

ALERT! ALERT!

CTHULHU is approaching the wall.

This is not a Cabal plot. This is not the Teacher. This is not Mr. A. The damn thing must’ve just...gotten hungry.

For limes!

Also, humans.

I don't think we can talk or trick him into turning back. Not with this one. This time, it's got to be a brawl. I'm not looking forward to it, but I believe in my team.

You'll have to write stories, due at the end of the day on the 19th, Eastern Time, which use all of us. Not just one of us. Gather us all from our stations to deal with this threat!

The sad truth is, if you make the story too sunny, it's unlikely to be plausible enough to work. I hate to say it, but I... I fully expect casualties. :(

I know you won't let us down; I hope we will serve you well, too. I am reminded of the Gladiatorial salute, at times like these: "We, who are about to die, salute you."

-------------------------
Source material:
Gurt
Angel, Angel vs. Medusa
Gnarbrydh
Subject Psi
The Regulator, The Regulator vs. Anansi

Give 'em hell.
~D
AS DICTATED TO 05-07-07-19
Gurt

Re: WALL EMERGENCY

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:47 pm

All of you meaning you as well, Gurt?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:51 pm

Count. Me. In.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Dryunya on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:52 pm

Any special fic rules for this? Somebody had already suggested a collab, which would be understandable.

You do realize that we called it from, like, day one? ;)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:54 pm

It's what we all feared would happen.

Okay everyone, time to pull out the big guns. :gurt:
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:02 am

I've written eldritch abominations before. I can write the death of one, too, even one as strong as the high priest of the Great Old Ones. Time to step up. ^^
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby Dryunya on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:03 am

And the official explanation for Cthulhu's appearance is... Tempting Fate.

Nice move. ;)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Jeroic9 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:04 am

Very definitely final boss time?
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby SpiritfChaos on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:28 am

Been looking forward to this, as terrible as that sounds.
I'm just a guy who wants to help save the world.
SpiritfChaos

Postby JRPictures on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:40 am

Oh lovely.

YOU GUYS JUST HAD TO CALL CTHULHU.

WELL THAT'S JUST GREAT.

I'll try and write something also.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:43 am

JRPictures wrote:Oh lovely.

YOU GUYS JUST HAD TO CALL CTHULHU.

WELL THAT'S JUST GREAT.

I'll try and write something also.

Same here.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:46 am

SpiritfChaos wrote:Been looking forward to this, as terrible as that sounds.

You are the one who made Psi, aren't you? Could you please explain his powers to make sure I understand them? Come onto the chat. I also what to know exactly what the hell that mask does.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:48 am

Sicon112 wrote:
SpiritfChaos wrote:Been looking forward to this, as terrible as that sounds.

You are the one who made Psi, aren't you? Could you please explain his powers to make sure I understand them? Come onto the chat. I also what to know exactly what the hell that mask does.

Seconded. I've got a way to work him into the battle, but it relies on his mask working a certain way.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby Dryunya on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:52 am

Guys. Since the mask wasn't explained in the canon, you can make it do whatever the hell you want. And Word Of God doesn't apply here, because Mr. A's Word Of God is higher. (As I mentioned, my Word Of God treated the Regulator as undefeatable, AND he was supposed to take on Cthulhu on a regular basis. As you can see, no one asked me.)
Dryunya

Postby SpiritfChaos on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:06 am

Dryunya wrote:Guys. Since the mask wasn't explained in the canon, you can make it do whatever the hell you want. And Word Of God doesn't apply here, because Mr. A's Word Of God is higher. (As I mentioned, my Word Of God treated the Regulator as undefeatable, AND he was supposed to take on Cthulhu on a regular basis. As you can see, no one asked me.)

Valid point. (In case anyone wants to know, the mask was intended as a power amplifier.)
I'm just a guy who wants to help save the world.
SpiritfChaos

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:26 am

SpiritfChaos wrote:
Dryunya wrote:Guys. Since the mask wasn't explained in the canon, you can make it do whatever the hell you want. And Word Of God doesn't apply here, because Mr. A's Word Of God is higher. (As I mentioned, my Word Of God treated the Regulator as undefeatable, AND he was supposed to take on Cthulhu on a regular basis. As you can see, no one asked me.)

Valid point. (In case anyone wants to know, the mask was intended as a power amplifier.)

Aaaaaaah. From Sicon's fic, I had the feeling that it was an HUD or something. (I still wanna use it as that, if only because I've been thinking up ideas on how it can channel the words of the Great Old Ones.)

Endless Sea

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:30 am

Endless Sea wrote:
SpiritfChaos wrote:

Aaaaaaah. From Sicon's fic, I had the feeling that it was an HUD or something. (I still wanna use it as that, if only because I've been thinking up ideas on how it can channel the words of the Great Old Ones.)

I made that visor in story. At the beginning. That wasn't the mask. It was basically intended to counter Medusa's nasty habit of turning people to stone.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:34 am

Sicon112 wrote:
Endless Sea wrote:
SpiritfChaos wrote:Valid point. (In case anyone wants to know, the mask was intended as a power amplifier.)

I made that visor in story. At the beginning. That wasn't the mask. It was basically intended to counter Medusa's nasty habit of turning people to stone.

Oooooooohhhhh. Well, okay then!

In other news, there's been a movement to pool our Cthulhu and Metaguard info into a Google Document for easy reference and editing. It's not quite up yet, but the topic has already been posted to let everyone know that it'll be here soon, among other things.

Endless Sea

Postby JRPictures on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:41 am

GOOD NEWS I wrote the story in one night, 3-4 pages long.

It is epic, sad and awesome. If it wins, listen the last half of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QnLuA2MiEs during the climax.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:12 am

...You know how I always go to sleep and miss the big stuff?

Yeah, just... yeah.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby S_o_S on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:13 am

Scarab wrote:...You know how I always go to sleep and miss the big stuff?

Yeah, just... yeah.

Join the club buddy.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Dryunya on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:46 am

I have something to say about the situation.

Everyone has been panicking, running around and trying to recruit every character. I don't understand you, guys.
This is our job.
We are the tropers, we are the Metaguards, we are the players and the storytellers. Making the story that stops Cthulhu is up to us, and there's no way you can delegate it to others.
And I hate to say it, but it won't be us who will be taking the blow. It will be the guardians, the ones who we created ourselves. Now stop relying on others, and get your part of the job right.

I'm done.
Dryunya

Postby JRPictures on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:50 am

Dryunya wrote:I have something to say about the situation.

Everyone has been panicking, running around and trying to recruit every character. I don't understand you, guys.
This is our job.
We are the tropers, we are the Metaguards, we are the players and the storytellers. Making the story that stops Cthulhu is up to us, and there's no way you can delegate it to others.
And I hate to say it, but it won't be us who will be taking the blow. It will be the guardians, the ones who we created ourselves. Now stop relying on others, and get your part of the job right.

I'm done.

I already wrote my fic and sent it in tonight. I did as much as I could but I won't spoil how it goes until the winning fic is announced.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:54 am

Dryunya wrote:I have something to say about the situation.

This is our job.

I'm done.

Dryu's right, guys.

Let's do this.

As Don Quixote might say, you do not underestimate his friends. :gurt:
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby The Finch on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:01 am

OH SWEET JESUS HAVE MERCY
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Next

Return to General Discussion