BEGINNING OF THE END

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Mr. Administrator on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:57 pm

BY NOW, YOU HAVE HEARD THE NEWS.

WE DISAGREE, RESPECTFULLY, WITH THE ASSERTION THAT CTHULHU "JUST GOT HUNGRY". WE BELIEVE HE FELT HIS NAME BEING CALLED, HIS FATE BEING TEMPTED. THE FOURTH WALL, IN ITS CURRENT STATE, CANNOT PROTECT YOU FROM CTHULHU.

THOUGH THIS SITUATION MAY APPEAR DIRE, WE BELIEVE YOU HAVE THE MEANS TO ACHIEVE VICTORY. TIME AND TIME AGAIN, YOU HAVE PROVED YOURSELVES WORTHY OF EVEN THE MOST DIFFICULT OF TASKS. CTHULHU IS BUT ONE MORE PUZZLE TO BE SOLVED.

SINCE YOU ARE ALWAYS ASKING US FOR EVIDENCE, HERE IS OUR EVIDENCE THAT YOU CAN SUCCEED:

20 ECHOES FOUND
7 CHARACTERS SENT BACK
5 METAGUARDS CREATED
2 PREVIOUS ATTACKERS THWARTED
1 PHEEBLE LOCATOR LETTER FOUND
AND, DESPITE OUR OBJECTIONS, OBFUSCATIONS, AND CAREFUL PLANNING, YOU OBTAINED THE LOCATIONS OF ALL 5 WALL PIECES.

WE BELIEVE YOU HAVE SOME TIME TO DEAL WITH THE WALL BEFORE CTHULHU ARRIVES. WHAT WE NEED IN THE MEANTIME IS COMBAT FICS, DUE BY THE END OF THE DAY EASTERN TIME ON THE 19TH. GO TO THIS THREAD TO HELP GURT DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=816
User avatar
Mr. Administrator
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Jeroic9 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:00 am

Hate to be a downer, but we did screw up obtaining a notebook from a restaurant, as well.

Although your confidence is noted and appreciated.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
User avatar
Jeroic9
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:01 am

I knew we shouldn't have tempted fate by speculating about Cthulu crossing over. :(
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
User avatar
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:07 am

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:07 am

To be honest, the first time I heard mention of him since the Wall was breaches was by fictionalthreat. And the second was by Morgana. Only after they had each invoked him did I, and many others like me, begin to repeat his name as something we considered could be coming.

...Perhaps they both were more dangerous than we thought. Just something to consider.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Adell on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:08 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:To be honest, the first time I heard mention of him since the Wall was breaches was by fictionalthreat. And the second was by Morgana. Only after they had each invoked him did I, and many others like me, begin to repeat his name as something we considered could be coming.

...Perhaps they both were more dangerous than we thought. Just something to consider.


We mentioned cthulu first actually, and were the ones who openly discussed it for so long. We're as much to blame as anyone else, if we're being completely honest. That said, it doesn't change our plans, we can do this. :mrgreen:
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Mr. Administrator on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:14 am

IN LIGHT OF THE FACT THAT THIS POST WILL BE SOMETHING OF A BUMMER, HERE IS A VIDEO OF SOME KITTENS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbRljNwZ7yU

OUR PROJECTIONS WERE, UH, SLIGHTLY INACCURATE. CTHULHU'S PRESENCE NEAR THE VOID IS DAMAGING OUR EQUIPMENT.

THERE IS NO TIME BEFORE HE ARRIVES AT THE WALL, AND THEREFORE NO TIME TO SEAL IT BEFORE HIS ARRIVAL. HE IS ALREADY THERE. THE ONLY THING PRESERVING YOUR WORLD IS THE SMALL SIZE OF THE CRACKS.

WE WISH IT WERE THE CASE THAT SEALING THE WALL NOW WOULD KEEP HIM OUT. IN TRUTH, RETRIEVING THE OTHER PIECES… IS NOT A BAD IDEA. THEY WILL SLOW HIM DOWN. BUT THEY WILL BE UNABLE TO REVERT INTO THE WALL AS LONG AS HE IS CONTINUING TO TEAR AT IT. VIEW THEM, IN THIS CASE, MORE AS SANDBAGS THAN BRICKS AND MORTAR.

IF THE WALL PIECES ARE RESTORED NOW, THEY WILL SNAP BACK INTO PLACE WHEN CTHULHU IS DEFEATED, RE-SEALING THE WALL SOME TIME ON THE 21ST.

THIS IS AN UNUSUAL CASE. CTHULHU IS AN ENTITY WHICH WARPS THE NATURE OF THE REALITY IT INHABITS. AS A RESULT, THERE IS NO NEED TO BE SATISFIED WITH SENDING IN A SINGLE COMBAT FIC.

ONLY ONE FIC WILL BE ELEVATED BY US TO CANON, BUT EACH FIC RECEIVED (OF AT LEAST MODERATE QUALITY) WILL REDUCE CTHULHU'S ABILITY TO FIGHT BACK.

ONCE CTHULHU IS TURNED ABOUT AND DEFEATED, ANY PIECES RETRIEVED WILL SNAP BACK IN.

WITH OUR INSTRUMENTS NOW CALIBRATED TO DEAL WITH HIS INFLUENCE, WE ESTIMATE THAT HE WILL SUCCEED AND CROSS ON THE 20TH.

YOUR PRIORITIES, THEREFORE, ARE:

-REFICTIONALIZING CHARACTERS
-WRITING CTHULHU COMBAT FICS
-INDEED, YES. COLLECTING WALL PIECES. SIGH.

IF THIS IS INSUFFICIENT, WE WILL GO TO PLAN B.

PRAY WE NEVER NEED TO TELL YOU WHAT THAT IS.
User avatar
Mr. Administrator
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Adell on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:21 am

I just want to say...I uh, appreciated the video.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:23 am

That kitten video is fantastic, thank you Mr. Administrator.

Mr. Administrator wrote:IF THIS IS INSUFFICIENT, WE WILL GO TO PLAN B.

PRAY WE NEVER NEED TO TELL YOU WHAT THAT IS.


Um... after this is over, curiosity is going to win over, and I'd really like to know. Only when this is all over, though.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
User avatar
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:07 am

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:25 am

Mr. Administrator wrote:IF THIS IS INSUFFICIENT, WE WILL GO TO PLAN B.

PRAY WE NEVER NEED TO TELL YOU WHAT THAT IS.

You're making me curious, so, let's go with this... After we wrap this up with Plan A (and we will, no worries there.). Then you tell us what you would have done in that Plan B. Ok?
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Mr. Administrator on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:26 am

HEEHEE. WE FOUND SOME MORE CUTE VIDEOS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiHXASgRTcA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REM3sD7FatY

...NOW, BACK TO DEFEATING ELDRITCH ABOMINATIONS.
User avatar
Mr. Administrator
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Blurred_9L on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:29 am

I already had seen the first video you posted. But it is greatly apreciated... I guess?

Also, out of curiosity too, I'd like to know what plan B was when all of this is over.
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
User avatar
Blurred_9L
 
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Guadalajara, Jalisco, MX

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Adell on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:30 am

Alright guys, we've got a plan to get to now. If the wall pieces won't immediately integrate anymore, we should get off our butts and scan the last two. MR.A, is it possible to get the answers to those riddles for the last one or something? Once we get them, we can slow down the green giant and work on our reffics. We should finish up/prepare reffics for characters who are still on this side (even the cabell might want to return with the threat of cthulu coming) so that on the 21st when the wall pieces fix up the cracks all the characters will be on the fictional side.

So to break it down, those writing character reffics should continue to meet the deadlines I think, that Mr.A has given us. JR and GuestUser should work on getting that last wall piece, and we should scan the one we found but didn't scan. Anyone else, start working on some ideas and stories to deal with cthulu but remember we should keep them compelling. It looks like they're accepting multiple stories, so we should try and make each one as amazing as possible; I believe we can do this. Let's get to it, ladies and gents!
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:35 am

Mr. Administrator wrote:IN LIGHT OF THE FACT THAT THIS POST WILL BE SOMETHING OF A BUMMER, HERE IS A VIDEO OF SOME KITTENS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbRljNwZ7yU

OUR PROJECTIONS WERE, UH, SLIGHTLY INACCURATE. CTHULHU'S PRESENCE NEAR THE VOID IS DAMAGING OUR EQUIPMENT.

THERE IS NO TIME BEFORE HE ARRIVES AT THE WALL, AND THEREFORE NO TIME TO SEAL IT BEFORE HIS ARRIVAL. HE IS ALREADY THERE. THE ONLY THING PRESERVING YOUR WORLD IS THE SMALL SIZE OF THE CRACKS.

WE WISH IT WERE THE CASE THAT SEALING THE WALL NOW WOULD KEEP HIM OUT. IN TRUTH, RETRIEVING THE OTHER PIECES… IS NOT A BAD IDEA. THEY WILL SLOW HIM DOWN. BUT THEY WILL BE UNABLE TO REVERT INTO THE WALL AS LONG AS HE IS CONTINUING TO TEAR AT IT. VIEW THEM, IN THIS CASE, MORE AS SANDBAGS THAN BRICKS AND MORTAR.

IF THE WALL PIECES ARE RESTORED NOW, THEY WILL SNAP BACK INTO PLACE WHEN CTHULHU IS DEFEATED, RE-SEALING THE WALL SOME TIME ON THE 21ST.

THIS IS AN UNUSUAL CASE. CTHULHU IS AN ENTITY WHICH WARPS THE NATURE OF THE REALITY IT INHABITS. AS A RESULT, THERE IS NO NEED TO BE SATISFIED WITH SENDING IN A SINGLE COMBAT FIC.

ONLY ONE FIC WILL BE ELEVATED BY US TO CANON, BUT EACH FIC RECEIVED (OF AT LEAST MODERATE QUALITY) WILL REDUCE CTHULHU'S ABILITY TO FIGHT BACK.

ONCE CTHULHU IS TURNED ABOUT AND DEFEATED, ANY PIECES RETRIEVED WILL SNAP BACK IN.

WITH OUR INSTRUMENTS NOW CALIBRATED TO DEAL WITH HIS INFLUENCE, WE ESTIMATE THAT HE WILL SUCCEED AND CROSS ON THE 20TH.

YOUR PRIORITIES, THEREFORE, ARE:

-REFICTIONALIZING CHARACTERS
-WRITING CTHULHU COMBAT FICS
-INDEED, YES. COLLECTING WALL PIECES. SIGH.

IF THIS IS INSUFFICIENT, WE WILL GO TO PLAN B.

PRAY WE NEVER NEED TO TELL YOU WHAT THAT IS.


OK.

JUST A THOUGHT, BUT OTHER THAN THE GUARDIANS, CAN BE TRY TO HAVE FICTIONALS DEFEATING CTHULHU AS WELL? LIKE, DON QUIXOTE GOING INSANE A BIT AND TRYING TO SLAY HIM AND SUCCEEDING?

ALSO, CAN WE CALL CTHULHU " JOLLY GREEN GIANT?"
FIRE!
User avatar
The Wild West Pyro
 
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm
Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Dryunya on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:45 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:ALSO, CAN WE CALL CTHULHU " JOLLY GREEN GIANT?"

How about "Hidden Fun Stuff"? :D
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:56 am

Dryunya wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:ALSO, CAN WE CALL CTHULHU " JOLLY GREEN GIANT?"

How about "Hidden Fun Stuff"? :D


Good, but even better-

" Mayan Surprise."
FIRE!
User avatar
The Wild West Pyro
 
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm
Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:09 am

...

I wonder if it's bad that, reading Pyro's suggestion, I immediately thought of bringing Godzilla across the wall to fight Cthulhu.

...

Nah, screw it. I'll just write something awesome with the wall guardians we have. I'm finally doing something! Yay! Anyway, I should have it in before the deadline.
Just an Ordinary Black Magician...
User avatar
AMimsyBorogove
 
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:30 am

Right, so somehow I found myself unable to sleep last night and decided to scroll through the ARG character page on TVTropes. I hadn't checked out the conspiracy theorist dude's website yet, so I thought I might as well. I got about halfway through the page before ol' octo-face popped up. Coincidence? YOU DECIDE
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
User avatar
Endless Sea
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby JRPictures on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:47 am

Endless Sea wrote:Right, so somehow I found myself unable to sleep last night and decided to scroll through the ARG character page on TVTropes. I hadn't checked out the conspiracy theorist dude's website yet, so I thought I might as well. I got about halfway through the page before ol' octo-face popped up. Coincidence? YOU DECIDE

Nah we all read that site early on. Now we just partially blame him for making Cthulhu come out.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.


INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
User avatar
JRPictures
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:12 am
Location: Australia

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:16 am

JRPictures wrote:
Endless Sea wrote:Right, so somehow I found myself unable to sleep last night and decided to scroll through the ARG character page on TVTropes. I hadn't checked out the conspiracy theorist dude's website yet, so I thought I might as well. I got about halfway through the page before ol' octo-face popped up. Coincidence? YOU DECIDE

Nah we all read that site early on. Now we just partially blame him for making Cthulhu come out.


Yep.

SCREW YOU TEACHER TINFOIL.
FIRE!
User avatar
The Wild West Pyro
 
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm
Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:59 am

Oh and, to cheer you up ( I hope):

cthulhuFB1.jpeg
cthulhuFB1.jpeg (83.64 KiB) Viewed 1992 times
FIRE!
User avatar
The Wild West Pyro
 
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm
Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Scarab on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:32 pm

AMimsyBorogove wrote:...
I wonder if it's bad that, reading Pyro's suggestion, I immediately thought of bringing Godzilla across the wall to fight Cthulhu.
...
Nah, screw it. I'll just write something awesome with the wall guardians we have. I'm finally doing something! Yay! Anyway, I should have it in before the deadline.


I... don't thnik we've QUITE hit the Godzilla threshold yet, MImsy... although it is slightly worrying that I to am currently considering this viable.

Damn it, I better go watch those corgis...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Guys. Cheshire stopped rhyming. If that's not the Godzilla Threshold, I have no idea what it is.
But at the same time... It's the Big Bad Cthulhu we're dealing with. Well, maybe like in Dresden Files calling the Name of things draw their attention and we did bring him here, maybe, like Gurt said, he just got hungry. So what? It changes nothing.

Gurt's team is waiting on us and we have an Edritch Abomination to Punch back into fiction. We will do it. Now is not the time to doubt ourselves. We will send him back. Did we learn nothing on the path so far? We've done things no one would believe! Let's take it up a notch then, and make something even bigger now. The wall didn't fall yet, because Gurt and his team protected us from it's threats. And it won't fall ever, because we are here to stop it.

The impossible we already did. This unimaginable will just take a little longer. Let's not deceive ourselves: This is BIG. But, again, let's not deceive ourselves: We will do it.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Just an Ordinary Black Magician...
User avatar
AMimsyBorogove
 
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Mr. Administrator on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:21 pm

CTHULHU'S PROGRESS CONCERNS US. IT IS NOT OUR FAULT OR YOURS THAT HE HAS ADVANCED FURTHER, BUT IT HAS HAPPENED NONETHELESS.

WE REGRET THAT WE WILL REQUIRE PLAN B.

SOMEONE MUST HOLD CTHULHU OFF AT THE CRACK WHILE GURT'S TEAM MOBILIZES.

YOUR PRIORITIES HAVE BEEN UPDATED:

-REFICTIONALIZING CHARACTERS
-WRITING CTHULHU COMBAT FICS
-INDEED, YES. COLLECTING WALL PIECES. SIGH.
-WRITING SONGS ABOUT TEAMWORK
-VOLUNTEERING TO DIE

WE NEED A METAGUARD TO VOLUNTEER TO STAND IN CTHULHU'S WAY. WE CAN CONTROL THE BASIC AREA WHERE THE CRACK MANIFESTS, BUT WE CAN NOT ACCURATELY PINPOINT THE EXACT LOCATION. SHOULD YOU VOLUNTEER, IT MAY INVOLVE DRIVING A FAIR DISTANCE TO GET TO THE CRACK. WE HAVE ENGINEERED A SPECIAL SMARTPHONE APP THAT SHOULD CONFOUND HIS APPROACH THROUGH THE CRACK BY ALTERING THE LAWS OF PHYSICS WITHIN THE APP'S CONE OF DESTRUCTION.

WHETHER IT WILL HARM, OR SIMPLY DELAY, CTHULHU IS UNCLEAR; DEVELOPMENT WAS RUSHED BY CIRCUMSTANCES. IF IT IS WIELDED BY A PARTICULARLY ADEPT METAGUARD, HOWEVER, WE ARE HOPEFUL THAT THE DESTRUCTION OF YOUR WORLD CAN BE PREVENTED. THE MORE THE METAGUARD KNOWS ABOUT THE SITUATION, AND THE LONGER THEY HAVE BEEN ACTIVE, THE MORE EFFECTIVE THEY ARE LIKELY TO BE.

WE BELIEVE WE CAN IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF THE APP IF ITS SOURCE IS REINFORCED WITH SONGS CREATED BY THE METAGUARDS. IF YOU SUBMIT MUSIC ABOUT DEFENDING THE WALL, EACH SONG WILL BOLSTER THE APP'S EFFICACY.

EACH OF YOU HAS 24 HOURS TO DECIDE WHETHER TO STEP FORWARD OR NOT. VOTING WILL THEN COMMENCE TO SELECT THE METAGUARD WHO WILL FACE OFF AGAINST CTHULHU.

THE TRUTH IS THAT WHOEVER TAKES THIS POSITION WILL BE PLACING THEMSELVES IN PERSONAL, PHYSICAL DANGER.

YOU WILL BE WITHIN PHYSICAL REACH OF CTHULHU.

WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING VOLUNTEERS.
User avatar
Mr. Administrator
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:24 pm

I have never been so willing to volunteer to die. So... yes, I volunteer.

I will also step up progress on some songs I've been working on (perhaps the song I recently recorded about fighting Cthulhu directly can be redirected to this purpose?)
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron