BEGINNING OF THE END

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby Dryunya on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:28 am

I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Guyshane on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:33 am

Dryunya wrote:Image

I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby StarSketch on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:34 am

Is it possible to send multiple people? In case something goes wrong?
StarSketch

Postby Inukai44 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:13 am

Dryunya wrote:Image

What did I do?
Inukai44

Postby Replica on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:13 am

...And my means just fell through.

I'm out.
Replica

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:29 am

Okay really want to do this but no idea where it is and no personal transport :( Or a smartphone, since my person dropped out.

Argh. If I knew more about exactly where it's going to BE if I'm picked that would be helpful, if it's somewhere I can concievably GET to I can STILL be in the running I'm sure I can figure something out on the smartphone front and I REFUSE to back out and leave you guys in on this alone! I just refuse. :x
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:30 am

Dryunya wrote:Just send me in already.
I want to die.

D: You can't die we <3 you!

Although I guess one of us has to :(

Anyway history has shown that sending in the guy wth a death wish? NEVER wise. They generally have a last minute affirmation of how good life is and how bad an I idea that is or something.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:57 am

GuestUser17 wrote:I have a car, smartphone, tablet, extra batteries, two wifi hotspots from different providers and a willingness to die! Oh - and my mother says it's ok.

BATMAN, GO OUT THERE AND GET EM!!! YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW SUPERHEROES THIS WORLD HAS, WE HAVE FAITH IN YOU, DARK KNIGHT!!
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Dryunya on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:41 am

Scarab wrote:Anyway history has shown that sending in the guy wth a death wish? NEVER wise. They generally have a last minute affirmation of how good life is and how bad an I idea that is or something.

It's a game, guys.

Inukai44 wrote:What did I do?

It wasn't intended just for you. It was more of a combo-breaker.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Tohrinha on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:16 am

Well, I don't believe I fit the long-standing or active recommendations from Mr. A's first post as well as others, nor do I represent us well (I'm the Quiet One, after all). So I will withdraw. Luck to whomever is chosen.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:26 am

I'm in.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Krika on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:03 am

Gods-dammit.

See, I really want to stay in. I really want to have the chance to do something big and important and flashy, but since I have no real method of transportation, it appears that I am being forced out of the ring.

Gods-dammit.

EDIT: Keep my name in. Just.....nobody vote for me, m'kay?
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:29 am

I... I can't keep pretending to be representative of everyone here when I'm clearly not. And my stubbornness has caused enough problems already; I don't want to divide the Tram more on this, not when the tram means so much to me. I can't help feeling that if I stay in, I'll always wonder if it's out of selfishness, even though I don't think it is.

So, much as it kills me to say this, I'm withdrawing. Thirteen names left. I will do everything in my power to support and protect whoever's chosen.

And please vote for my clone!
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:09 pm

I can't get the tablet on time. I'm out.
MOTHERFUCKING DOUBLE FUCKING FUCK
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm going to reconfirm our means, just to make sure we are good to go, but I can say now that Mimsy and I count as one. That's one less person already.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby averagejoe on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:17 pm

We're at 11 names right now. Can one person more step out of the race? (I'm sorry to ask you to do this, guys.)

Krika, if you can't get transportation, you might want to reconsider having your name on the ballot when only ten people can be on it. I took it off for now, PM me if you really want to stay in the race.
averagejoe
Site Admin

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:19 pm

averagejoe wrote:We're at 11 names right now. Can one person more step out of the race? (I'm sorry to ask you to do this, guys.)

Krika, if you can't get transportation, you might want to reconsider having your name on the ballot when only ten people can be on it. I took it off for now, PM me if you really want to stay in the race.

I may be out. I shall go over everything one more time as soon as I am out of class. Give me a bit to review, and then you may have your ten.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Guyshane on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:34 pm

What day is the person going to have to do this on?
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby averagejoe on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Whenever Mr. A says to, I assume.
averagejoe
Site Admin

Postby Adell on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:WITH OUR INSTRUMENTS NOW CALIBRATED TO DEAL WITH HIS INFLUENCE, WE ESTIMATE THAT HE WILL SUCCEED AND CROSS ON THE 20TH.

Well we have 3 days before he will be successfully through the wall, if Mr.A is right in his post. Odds are it'll be sometime within in the next few days, otherwise we're risking too much by giving Cthulu more time to bust through.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Right, Mimsy and I are good for transportation, assuming it really is going to be within an hour or two from here. Des Moines and Kansas City are the absolute limits we can reach, however, so if A says that it is gonna be farther, we are out. We may also need some assistance with Layar, but I am sure we can figure it out.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby averagejoe on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:55 pm

Okay, so this needs to get going. If no one else takes themselves off the list within the hour, I'm going to take someone off the list. Probably someone who hasn't confirmed continued interest or who hasn't been particularly involved :(
averagejoe
Site Admin

Postby averagejoe on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:14 pm

Okay, I just got an angry email from Mr. A telling me to "SPEED UP THE PROCESS," so...sorry, Goldude :(

I'm making the poll now.
averagejoe
Site Admin

Postby Goldude on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:24 pm

averagejoe wrote:Okay, I just got an angry email from Mr. A telling me to "SPEED UP THE PROCESS," so...sorry, Goldude :(

I'm making the poll now.

Well, Screw you, Mr. A. YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT TROPES!
1st official attempted Spanner In The Works and light in the darkness.
Goldude

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Goldude wrote:
averagejoe wrote:Okay, I just got an angry email from Mr. A telling me to "SPEED UP THE PROCESS," so...sorry, Goldude :(

I'm making the poll now.

Well, Screw you, Mr. A. YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT TROPES!

Well in fairness, he does guard the fourth wall, he seeded echo chamber with tropes. He may not get the human emotion thing but I'm pretty sure he understands tropes. Let's not start getting angry please, this is going to be hard enough :(
Scarab

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion