BEGINNING OF THE END

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: BEGINNING OF THE END

Postby averagejoe on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:01 am

Alright, guys. I’m the person who’s been involved in this the longest. The first metaguard, heh. It feels fitting for me to go out there and be the one to risk it all. This is the least I can do for you guys after all you’ve done for me over these past few months! And it should be...fun, right? Fun? Is that the word I’m looking for? Sure!
averagejoe
Site Admin

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:08 am

First of all, you don’t have a car. Like hell am I going to use my car to drive you over to what may be your death.

Second, you’ve already had your life in danger for this voice of yours. You were on the run for months. Do you have any idea what it’s been like for those weeks you weren’t here? I would spend all my time wondering if someone was going to just...come along and hurt you. I refuse to go through that again. I am putting my foot down.

Third...I hate to say it, Joe, but are you really even cut out for this? I’ve seen the way you handle stress. Everyone here has. It’s...it’s not pretty.It doesn’t make you into a good person. You aren’t at your best when you’re scared. I mean, okay, no one is, but still. I have serious doubts that you’d be able to face this monster and your almost definite death with any semblance of level-headedness.

This isn’t just a cool thing to do, Joe. You need to know you can face down a monster with nothing but a smartphone. You need to know that you have the ability to handle it with the finesse that the situation demands, or else you’re dead. We’re all dead. The world is over, forever, and there are no redos.

And you also need to get a ride there, and your parents work on weekdays.
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby Inukai44 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:11 am

where is the location?
Inukai44

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:15 am

I'd volunteer, but my feeble mental capacities and weak physical prowess would probably get me killed within seconds of squiddy poking even the tip of a single tentacle into the same plane of reality.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby Blurred_9L on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:18 am

Inukai44 wrote:where is the location?

It most likely depends on who gets chosen to do the heroic sacrifice.
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby averagejoe on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:22 am

So after much deliberation...I’ve decided that Edward is right. As much as it really pains me to say it, I’m not the best option for this. I would try. I would certainly try. But I need to be realistic about what would actually happen. Ed’s right. I don’t do well under pressure or stress. I get jumpy, I get anxious, I mess things up. I would love to have the opportunity to jump into the race with you guys, but I think I have to respectfully bow out.

I think we should try to pick someone who really represents the best of what the Metaguards have to offer. That includes, ahem, grace under pressure. I don’t want to be sending ANYONE to their doom, so let’s make sure that we send our most capable representative, someone we trust to do not just their best, but our best.
averagejoe
Site Admin

Postby Inukai44 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:24 am

Then that's guest
Inukai44

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:54 am

I really want to go, but I'm 13 and I don't have a smartphone.

Shit.

However, I will help the most I can.
Last edited by The Wild West Pyro on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby JRPictures on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:04 am

I'll volunteer too!!!!

It is my duty to help my Metaguards.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby S_o_S on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:49 am

If I can help, I will. If it's a choice between oneself and the entire world, then how can I dare to be selfish?

I feel like I've never been able to be that useful to this cause. I've said I'll submit refics and have failed to do so, every single time. I've never been in range of an echo, and I've never solved a puzzle, or anything like that. If there's anything I can do here to slow that bastard down, then I'm on it.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Goldude on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:00 am

Mr. Administrator wrote:BLAH BLAH BLAH I TYPE IN ALL CAPS

You know, this would be the point in time were someone comes out of retirement and sacrifice himself for the greater good. Hint: It's me.
1st official attempted Spanner In The Works and light in the darkness.
Goldude

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:07 am

I was about to buy The Whisperer in Darkness, which included eight stories from the Cthulhu Mythos, including THE CALL OF CTHULHU. I really wanted to buy it, but the cover was scary as shit- I mean, the lizard guy on the cover was ONE UGLY MOTHERFUCKER- and something made me not want to buy it. I was heading for the cashier when I had this ominous feeling that Cthulhu was watching me, and buying this book would bring horrible bad luck on me.

Anyway, I found out Cthulhu lives in an underwater city called Ry'leth, or something like that, and in Lovecraft's story, it rose from the waters and Cthulhu attacked. They escaped in a lifeboat luckily, but never forgot the horrors.

Also:

I VOLUNTEER! I VOLUNTEER AS METAGUARD!
Last edited by The Wild West Pyro on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Replica on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:45 am

Alike so many others of you, I also volunteer. I could borrow an appropriate device and scrounge some cash to take a bus to death if need be. You know, I haven't really helped before so I really may as well help now.
Replica

Postby H22 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:46 am

I'd do it, but, well, I have no chance of getting to our friendly ELDRITCH. So, sorry.
The Wild West Pyro wrote:I was about to buy The Whisperer in Darkness, which included eight stories from the Cthulhu Mythos, including THE CALL OF CTHULHU. I really wanted to buy it, but the cover was scary as shit- I mean, the lizard guy on the cover was ONE UGLY MOTHERFUCKER- and something made me not want to buy it. I was heading for the cashier when I had this ominous feeling that Cthulhu was watching me, and buying this book would bring horrible bad luck on me.

Anyway, I found out Cthulhu lives in an underwater city called Ry'leth, or something like that, and in Lovecraft's story, it rose from the waters and Cthulhu attacked. They escaped in a lifeboat luckily, but never forgot the horrors.

Also:

I VOLUNTEER! I VOLUNTEER AS METAGUARD!
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Scarab on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:30 am

Mr. Administrator wrote:WE ARE HEARTENED BY THE SHOW OF READINESS. BUT WE MUST CLARIFY THAT THIS WILL NOT BE FUN. YOU WILL BE IN HARM'S WAY.

We know. Still volunteering. Let's kick it in the ass.

Mr. Administrator wrote:-WRITING SONGS ABOUT TEAMWORK

...Let... let me get this straight... you want us to write songs and/sing?

DUDE, finally something I can actually do to help the wall! :D

I also volunteer to stand before Cthulhu, with eveyrone else. I have no smart phone, but damn if I can't sing. British people? REALLY good at singing as they approach their deaths.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:28 pm

cAke wrote:EACH OF YOU HAS 24 HOURS TO DECIDE WHETHER TO STEP FORWARD OR NOT. VOTING WILL THEN COMMENCE TO SELECT THE METAGUARD WHO WILL FACE OFF AGAINST CTHULHU.

I realize now that Mr. A has said there would be a vote for choosing the metaguard assigned to this mission... I imagine it's too early to do it yet, as 24h have no passed yet, but I would like to propose that no one votes on himself.

I mean, we signed up, of course we'll pick ourselves to go! It may force ties if we do that, so I propose that we, the ones signed up, vote on other people. Vote on who you trust the most to carry out this mission, on who you trust the most to come back alive from it.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:51 pm

We are Metaguards. This is what we do. We have been given a choice. You can back down now.
No one will judge you. Hell, only one of us will be chosen anyway. We are Metaguards, and we will fight.
We need everyone, not just the few. If you are registered, join us. We need to help. There are fics to be written, battle songs to be sung. No one can stay still. WE MUST MOVE. This is our moment, our time; this is our chance to do what has never been done. You are my friends, my allies. We've been through hell and back. We've fought monsters, and written 5 heroes, who are waiting to defend us.
Now we are presented with one more challenge, to send one of our own away to fight a monster, alone. We MUST make sure they come back. WE will not let them fall. We MUST not let them fall. We are a team, a tram, we have been through worse and survived. We are here to ensure that no one else has to deal with this.
I don't care if you have commented on every post, or if you just started. I don't care if you are involved, or a lurker. We need you now. Let's show Cthulhu what happens when he tries to come here.
WE ARE THE METAGUARDS.
WE ARE TOGETHER.
WE WILL FIGHT.
WE WILL WIN.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:55 pm

What everyone else has said on this matter, but with a bit more ham.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:52 pm

...Well, the beast is my husband. Fictionally. But hey, that's the sense that actually counts 'round here, isn't it? *raises hand*
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:52 pm

I'd be willing to save the world, so-

CTHULHU, GET READY TO BE SO FUCKED UP YOU'LL BE SENT CRYING AND WITH ALL YOUR BODY PARTS IN THE WRONG PLACES, YOU MOTHERFUCKING BEAST, YOU SON OF A BITCH, YOU-

Why are you all staring at me?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Adell on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:59 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:I'd be willing to save the world, so-

CTHULHU, GET READY TO BE SO FUCKED UP YOU'LL BE SENT CRYING AND WITH ALL YOUR BODY PARTS IN THE WRONG PLACES, YOU MOTHERFUCKING BEAST, YOU SON OF A BITCH, YOU-

While I appreciate the bravado, Pyro, we need to keep cool in these situations. We can handle this, but we don't need to go screaming obscenities from the rooftops either. :lol:
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Adell wrote:

While I appreciate the bravado, Pyro, we need to keep cool in these situations. We can handle this, but we don't need to go screaming obscenities from the rooftops either. :lol:

Indeed. We need to be calm. Deadly calm.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:12 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:
Adell wrote:

Indeed. We need to be calm. Deadly calm.

OK.

Make a Google Doc and write everything you know about Cthulhu. We all agreed on that, let's start it.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Dryunya on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Just send me in already.
I want to die.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Guyshane on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:08 pm

Yea I would like to volunteer though i'm not sure where I will be when this happens. put me down as willing though. in fact yea I volunteer
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion