Cthulhu/Metaguard Information Hub Thingy

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Cthulhu/Metaguard Information Hub Thingy

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:17 am

Righto, so earlier in the chat today, after the Cthulhu panic was starting to die down, Eli and I came up with the idea to pool all our knowledge of the Metaguards and ol' squid head into a single Google Document; that way, anyone who wants to write a fic in order to help with containment has all the information he or she needs to do so, and anyone who has something to add to the info already gathered can make an edit firsthand (that means you, everyone who created a Metaguard! Give us all the inside info on your creations you can spare!). The document isn't up yet, as I have no idea how to make one, but it will be soon, so everyone, compile that info and get ready to send it in!

(On a side note, here is an online copy of Cthulhu's debut story. The original link isn't too far down in the topic, but I'm including it here for convenience's sake.)
Last edited by Endless Sea on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Re: Cthulhu/Metaguard Information Hub Thingy

Postby JRPictures on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:37 am

I like this very much. HAVE SOME LIMES: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt:

Can't wait to see how this goes.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:41 am

I don't really see the point. I left the fic links in the Wall Emergency OP (you MUST read them before writing), and everything else can be twisted any way you want. As I said, Word Of God doesn't matter here.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:43 am

Dryunya wrote:I don't really see the point. I left the fic links in the Wall Emergency OP (you MUST read them before writing), and everything else can be twisted any way you want. As I said, Word Of God doesn't matter here.

central location.
that is all.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Dryunya on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:45 am

I'm saying that the OP is the central location. Everything else can be discussed in the Wall Emergency thread. Don't see the point of this one. :|

With elephants.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby S_o_S on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:50 am

We can also use the thread to share information about Cthulhu perhaps, to assist those who aren't as versed in his mythos.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:53 am

OK.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby S_o_S on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:56 am

By the by, that includes me.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:45 am

I looked this up anyway since I've never read it, so I'll link it here for those who also might want to read it before writing their fics:

The Call of Cthulhu.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:06 am

Well, I just recorded and sent in my Joni Mitchell adaptation to turn him back. I DO plan on trying a more "traditional" fic later, but I can't do that until after my exams, so... *shrug*. If anyone wants to lighten the mood a little by listening me warble about Cthulhu to the tune of Carey, I'm dumping it here, just cause.

:roll:
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:54 am

Cthulhu panic?? *facepalm* This is what happens when I take finals in the middle of an international crisis. I miss all the good stuff!
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:31 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Cthulhu panic?? *facepalm* This is what happens when I take finals in the middle of an international crisis. I miss all the good stuff!

Relax, Issy, everyone knows finals are way more important than the end of the world... in the eyes of the government, anyway.

(I am totally preparing a victory themed song for you when you get back ;) Juuust you wait.)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Inukai44 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Well looks like we got a small crisis on our hands but I faith in the story writers
Inukai44

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:18 pm

I think I'll add a link in the first post to the short story so we'll see it right when we click on the topic link. (Been way too long since I read that thing, I barely remember any of it...)
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Return to General Discussion