CTHULHU VOTE - closed

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Who is the best person to face Cthulhu?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Adell
38%
eli_gone_crazy
6%
Genndy Oda C.O.G.
1%
GuestUser17
12%
Guyshane
3%
Inukai44
1%
IslaKariese
1%
Jeroic9
1%
S_o_S
1%
Sicon112/AMimsyBorogove
34%

Total votes : 68

CTHULHU VOTE - closed

Postby averagejoe on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Okay, guys. Here are our nominees for the, uh, deadly mission to stop an Elder God from destroying the universe.

I urge you all to vote; as in any election, the most important thing you can do is be a part of the decision.

I really don't want to be sending anyone to their doom, so let me beg of you to send the Metaguard that you think would be the most levelheaded under the pressure of seeing and dealing with a monster in person. Someone who panics at the last minute could get themselves seriously injured, and I don't think I could in good conscience ask someone to go forth who I think might jeopardize their own safety.

Please, choose wisely. The fate of reality will rest of their shoulders.
averagejoe
Site Admin

Re: CTHULHU VOTE - closes in 24 hours

Postby Jeroic9 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:39 pm

My vote is cast, and it wasn't for me. I haven't been here as long as some of the others, and I'm not as good with getting or using the necessary equipment. If I'm chosen, I'll do all that I can, but it would be safer to pick one of the metaguards who are already frontrunning.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby S_o_S on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:38 pm

*eyebrow* Legit surprised I've even got one vote to be honest. Not complaining. Whoever you are, thanks for your trust.

Go Delly!
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:27 pm

I voted for Sicon and Mimsy for... well basically reasons other have already said.

1) They're both expert video game players, I know that doesn't impact on reality as much usually but... hey, tropes are infiltrating the universe like crazy, in that sense they're the most suited.

2) There are two of them, Two heads are in this instance DEFINITELY better than one. We can't pass that chance up: to have two defenders at the wall.

3) They have grown up with each other and they KNOW each other. NOTHING can compare to that kind of bond. They'll work extremely well together to the point of being able to predict one anothers moves.

There's also a slightly personal element... Let me be clear: I do not doubt anybody's abilities, and I don't think ANYONE is expendable and NOBODY is more important than anyone else as Xana has on occasion had to remind us.

But Adell? There's a trope for you that I'm rather surprised isn't in your tropes list yet.

Even now, this late on, I don't think we can afford to lose that. It's not about favouring one player over another, far from it, I care about you, Sicon and Mimsy equally it's just there are TWO of them which immediately increases their survival odds... We can't lose you. Not now.

We need very very cool heads right now, I think Sicon and Mimsy would BE those cool heads, and they could support each other, rather than having to face this alone. I think having to face it alone is the cruellest thing.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:33 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with everything Scarab has said, more eloquently than I can.

And on a lighter note, I should mention that Mimsy has promised that if he goes, he will make sure to Rickroll Cthulhu. Now, if that's not a reason to pick him, I don't know what is. :lol: :gurt:
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:35 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I agree wholeheartedly with everything Scarab has said, more eloquently than I can.

And on a lighter note, I should mention that Mimsy has promised that if he goes, he will make sure to Rickroll Cthulhu. Now, if that's not a reason to pick him, I don't know what is. :lol: :gurt:

Thanks

And if I could just add one more thing.

If you were going to face your doom... wouldn't you want your brother with you?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Greyscale on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:39 pm

:| Mr. A jossed the "more is better" theory:

Mr. Administrator wrote:THE NUMBER OF METAGUARDS SENT IS IRRELEVANT. IF MORE THAN ONE WERE ADVANTAGEOUS, WE WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR MORE THAN ONE.

That's all I should have said in my initial post; I just wanted to clarify the Mr. A thing. Good luck to everyone. :gurt:
Last edited by Greyscale on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greyscale

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Greyscale wrote::| And Mr. A jossed the "more is better" theory:

Mr. Administrator wrote:THE NUMBER OF METAGUARDS SENT IS IRRELEVANT. IF MORE THAN ONE WERE ADVANTAGEOUS, WE WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR MORE THAN ONE.

This isn't about who we do or don't want to lose. If the person we send fails, it won't matter.

This isn't about whether Sicon and Mimsy would be BETTER as a duo, I just think... well see what I said above. If you're going to meet your doom, why should you have to do it alone? If you can have your BROTHER with you? (I know you're very logical and sensible, Sicon, but you're no robot.)

I want them to go because they could support each other, so even if the theory is jossed and thus destroys one of my original points, I still want them to go. Together. It's the kinder thing to do.
Scarab

Postby Greyscale on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:45 pm

I've edited this post so there is more positivity in the thread. :D
Last edited by Greyscale on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greyscale

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:46 pm

I hardly think yesterday's circumstances are relevant at the moment, Grey.

And more importantly, about having more people: You're right. It's totally irrelevant to have two people manning the app. But like Scarab said-- Sicon and Mimsy are brothers. We have the option to send someone in to fight Cthulhu and potentially die... alone, or we have the option to send someone to do the same, but with his best friend by his side to give him moral support, to make him laugh when it gets too much to bear, to tell us his story if the worst happens.

The way I look at it, it seems cruel to send someone in alone, when there's another option.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:52 pm

Greyscale wrote:
Scarab wrote:If you're going to meet your doom, why should you have to do it alone? If you can have your BROTHER with you?

This is wishful thinking. A Joss is a Joss, Scarab.

...So what? I fail to see how that makes it irrelevant. My opinion now has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE JOSS.

Okay fine so that logical point was wrong on my part, sure. But what exactly is wrong, Grey, with me wanting somebody to get the chance to die with one of the people who cares about them the most in the world there with them? Even if Adell went with somwbody they wouldn't be a Metaguard, they wouldn't understand everything as well.

Look, just because we've HAD to make tough choices in this game sometimes doesn't mean we should all HAVE to be all the time.
Last edited by Scarab on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarab

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:55 pm

I am both disappointed and relieved by my current lack of votes.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby BL4CK0U7_117 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:46 pm

May the force be with whoever is voted to go. Personally, I think Sicon and Mimsy should go, but the decision is not mine. I just hope that the efforts are not in vain.
What if for once, I could think of a good catchy signature? Nah.
So, sup?
BL4CK0U7_117

Postby Adell on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:10 pm

I'm truly flattered that you think that, Scarab. But to me that makes all the more sense then that I should go. If Mr.A wants someone who can represent the core of the metaguards, than who would be more qualified than the heart? I get why you don't want me to go, I do. I understand that you don't want to see me hurt or find out I died alone or that, maybe this group needs me (and it is truly humbling if that is what you guys believe). To me, I'd rather just risk one life than two...but even still, it's silly to think I'm ever alone after all this. If you guys can trust me...but your faith in me, than I'm not alone. All of these reffics and songs you wrote, they'll help me, and I'll know you'll all be rooting for and supporting me. How could I possibly ever feel alone when I have so many people believing and counting on me? To those who do...thank you, and I promise you now, I won't be going down so easily. Not with all of you on my side.

Besides, Heart is an Awesome Power last time I checked.

I believe in you guys. Please, believe in me.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:22 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT MASS MESSAGES HAVE BEEN SENT TO UNAWARE METAGUARDS ASKING THEM TO VOTE FOR A SINGLE PARTY.
THIS IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE TACTIC. A DECISION OF THIS MAGNITUDE MUST BE INFORMED, AND THE ARGUMENT USED IN THIS CASE WAS ONE-SIDED.
IF YOU ARE REACHING OUT TO PEOPLE, INFORM THEM THAT THERE IS A VOTE. DO NOT TELL THEM WHO TO VOTE FOR. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE SO, PLEASE TAKE MEASURES TO INFORM THOSE YOU HAVE CONTACTED ABOUT THE STRENGTHS OF THE OTHER CANDIDATES.

AFTER ALL, MANIPULATING PEOPLE IS NOT GOOD. ALSO, IT'S THEIR OWN CHOICE, LET THEM CHOOSE.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby JRPictures on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:48 pm

Well I voted.

I won't say who but good luck.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:09 am

This is getting painful. I'm scared, guys.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Adell on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:15 am

IslaKariese wrote:This is getting painful. I'm scared, guys.

It's okay, Issy. No matter what happens, I still believe in everyone here. We can make it through this.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:22 am

Adell wrote:It's okay, Issy. No matter what happens, I still believe in everyone here. We can make it through this.

Such a thing coming from one of the men in the firing line does NOT make me feel better, I hope you realize.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:23 am

Mr. Administrator, a friend of mine helped me to realize that you're right. I did what I did under the impression that it was the right thing to do, but I am now in possession of more information, or at least a different view of what is right. To justify my actions as being what I believed was right without adjusting them according to my current understanding would be the peak of hypocrisy. I am currently attempting damage control by removing my biased argument entirely from the messages that have not yet been sent, and preparing a counterpoint to send to those that have already gone through. EDIT: They have all been sent.

I'm posting this in public so everyone will know that I acted misguidedly, take full responsibility for my misguided actions, and am currently attempting to repair the damage I incurred. To those I have hurt, I apologize.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Greyscale on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:20 am

Qara, it's okay. You did what you thought was right.
Greyscale

Postby Serefin on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:49 am

Guys, I don't know about you, but I'm not scared. It seems that it's either Adell or Sicon/Mimsy at this point, and I have complete faith in them. Besides, Cthulu crossing over would mean the destruction of the Wall. If the Wall goes, then reality and fiction would have nothing separating them. On FF.net, countless authors have made versions of themselves with powers. Reality and fiction not being separated would mean those people would get powers. Right off the bat we've got tons of people, but think about everyone else. The OC's, the RPG characters, everyone a person had ever made would become real. They could be controlled with nothing more than a pen and a scrap of paper. We would be almost unstoppable.

To whoever goes, I salute you. You have the weight of the world on you. But, if you don't survive, we pray that you weaken Tentacle Face enough that we can make sure you don't die in vain.
Flames of Chaos, Flames of Order. Doesn't matter, I have to run from Slendy.
Serefin

Postby BlackWolfe on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:49 am

Serefin wrote:Reality and fiction not being separated would mean those people would get powers.

Or their crazy, OP self-insert selves would exist right alongside their real selves. You think we have a population problem now? Five thousand different versions of Harry Potter, each hooked up with a different Hermione Granger... Many of whom are Death Eaters because "wouldn't it be awesome if Harry Potter were evil?" is a thing over on FanFiction.net.

Serefin wrote:The OC's, the RPG characters, everyone a person had ever made would become real. They could be controlled with nothing more than a pen and a scrap of paper. We would be almost unstoppable.

I don't think it would work like that, sadly. :( The fictionals who've already crossed over all began exercising their free will as soon as they had any.

Oh god, and the ones who've had crappy lives? Who do you think they're going to blame for that?
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby Serefin on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Look, the point is that if the chosen ends up dying, it won't be in vain. WE'LL be able to finish ol' R*pe Face.
Flames of Chaos, Flames of Order. Doesn't matter, I have to run from Slendy.
Serefin

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:11 pm

I'll just say that I'm in this for real. If I win, no one has to worry about me not being able to make it or something. Mimsy and I WILL come through. I saw some people were a little doubtful on the chat, so I figured I would reassure them.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Next

Return to General Discussion