CTHULHU VOTE - closed

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Who is the best person to face Cthulhu?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Adell
38%
eli_gone_crazy
6%
Genndy Oda C.O.G.
1%
GuestUser17
12%
Guyshane
3%
Inukai44
1%
IslaKariese
1%
Jeroic9
1%
S_o_S
1%
Sicon112/AMimsyBorogove
34%

Total votes : 68

Re: CTHULHU VOTE - closes in 24 hours

Postby BlackWolfe on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Scarab wrote:What is this? I don't even know... :shock:

Are you my mummy?
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby Scarab on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:14 pm

BlackWolfe wrote:
Scarab wrote:What is this? I don't even know... :shock:

Are you my mummy?

Oh you HAD to bring that up :shock:

I'm going to go hide under the bed now.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby TidalWave20 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:25 pm

We still voting?
How could I be more useful?
TidalWave20

Re: CTHULHU VOTE - closed

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Good luck Adell. All our hopes go with you. If you die, we will put you on the memorial page. If you come back alive and successful, well....you shall be remembered as the finest Metaguard ever and will be probably among the ranks of Joe and Ed.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby BlackWolfe on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:28 pm

TidalWave20 wrote:We still voting?

Vote's over. Adell won. He's gonna use his Hurricane-Stopping Mojo on old octopus-puss.
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby Serefin on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:56 am

Good luck Adell. I'll have Green Stuff(TM) to celebrate your victory.
Flames of Chaos, Flames of Order. Doesn't matter, I have to run from Slendy.
Serefin

Postby paradisedj32 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:00 pm

This is probably redundant, but.... I wish you luck Adell. I wish I could give you some science-based advice, but i can't. Cthulhu is a reality warper, meaning that the laws of physics get all tossed around. A major danger, but one you MIGHT be able to exploit to your advantage and do things normally impossible.

Look, due to my christmas trip, I will probably not be able to get in touch untill the late 21st at best. Promise me I won't find reality a smoking wasteland when I return.
paradisedj32

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:25 pm

I wish you well, Sir Adell. May you defeat this Lovecraftian horror with whatever your Weapon Of Choice is.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Scarab on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:29 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:I wish you well, Sir Adell. May you defeat this Lovecraftian horror with whatever your Weapon Of Choice is.

At this point, I'm pretty sure it's the Power of Love :lol:
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Adell on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Scarab wrote:
Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:I wish you well, Sir Adell. May you defeat this Lovecraftian horror with whatever your Weapon Of Choice is.

At this point, I'm pretty sure it's the Power of Love :lol:

And an Iphone, though that one is not really by choice :P
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby H22 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:02 pm

May I ask what the app is?
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Adell on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:16 pm

H22 wrote:May I ask what the app is?

It's...uhhh, complicated? It actually kind of confuses the hell out of me; like layar but with intimidating options. I'll try and get a screencap of it later tonight and explain; it's my friends phone (so I don't currently have it on me) and I'm about to head out for class.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby H22 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Sorry for catching you inconveniently; okay, that's fine.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Scarab on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Adell wrote:
H22 wrote:May I ask what the app is?

It's...uhhh, complicated? It actually kind of confuses the hell out of me; like layar but with intimidating options. I'll try and get a screencap of it later tonight and explain; it's my friends phone (so I don't currently have it on me) and I'm about to head out for class.

Heh, Get Up, Go to School Save the World. That should totally be on the tropeslist of all school-going metaguards.
Scarab

Postby Adell on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:11 pm

So...okay, I've got a bit more information to share now. First off, the exact location has been picked now. It's a park that's a small distance away from where I live, not a terribly far drive. The Hurricane did some serious damage to it, though. While it's not exactly the safest place to traverse it'll at least insure that no one around the area will be around and accidentally get caught in the middle of whatever happens during the confrontation. And that's perfectly fine with me. It's looking like tomorrow night I'll be going (or late afternoon), but I won't be able to put it off too long, since by the end of tomorrow it's likely that Cthuhlu will completely pass through the wall if I'm not there with the app to stop it...

I'll admit, the app itself has me somewhat worried. I'm not use to operating a smartphone under normal circumstances but this thing just seems unnecessarily complicated.
The App Screencap
(please ignore my idiot friend making fishy faces. He doesn't exactly buy the whole "fighting giant squid" deal to take his phone)

Yeah...so when this thing is running it cycles through a swirl of different colors over whatever you point it at (I feel like a double rainbow has invaded this phone). The power output thing on the bottom seems to fluctuate all the time but I never was able to get it to 100% (and I don't know why there are 5 bars either), even with all the fiddling around with the sliders to the right and left of it. (which by the way, I have no clear idea what they do O.O, what the frig is a Nexus Level, and why do I need to worry about it???). One thing is for certain, this thing drains the battery fast...like, it dropped to 64 percent in about a minute or 2, and by that point the phone was heating up considerably; not sure how normal that is. Bottom line, I'll need to save turning it on until I actually get to the crack. I'm guessing firing it is simple enough, just need to press the center crosshair thing, but I'm at a loss as to how to bring it to it's maximum percentage.

Mr.A is aware of my confusion though, he said he'd find a way to help before I go off to do this thing. Maybe he'll send me a "Cthulu Apps" for dummies pamphlet, I dunno. I guess I can't blame Mr.A for how the app turned out, he didn't exactly have weeks to make this thing; looks like he kind of just integrated it into Layar. The whole thing kind creeps me out really. Still no word from him about the Cabal though, I imagine if they're gonna show, they're probably already en route. Currently all I got to really do is figure this thing out and wait for whatever A is gonna do to help me. Well that and...mentally preparing myself for whatever is going to go down at this point. I think that's about all that's worth mentioning at this point :3

Stupid fish face photo bomb, totally ruined the whole screencap you jerkass.

Edit: After discussing it in the chat for a bit, it seems the symbols surrounding the crosshair are the Celtic symbol for Unity, the Kanji for Power, the Ankh for Life, and the Alchemical Symbol for Gold in the lower right. Not really sure what the point of it is.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Okay, so we were just working on identifying the symbols in voice chat.

Top right is the kanji for "Strength".

Top left is a Celtic "Triple Spiral" which basically refers to "Unity".

Bottom left is an Ankh, which means life.

And bottom right is the alchemical symbol for gold, which-- to alchemy, as best as we can brainstorm, represents purity/immortality/perfection.

As far as I can see, these symbols are to protect Adell-- with strength, with unity (i.e., the Tram is behind him), with life, with purity.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Tyltalis on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:17 pm

I'm sorry I haven't been on, and I'm sorry I missed the vote. My sincerest apology to everyone here. Adell, I want to say that I am proud of what you and all the other wonderful people on this forum are doing. I feel like I haven't done my share. But I do want to say this.
Old octopus-face doesn't stand a chance, you can do it! Words can not express my feelings right now. Ashamed for not being here, proud for having spoken to you guys. Know that all of you are my heros. You can do it, all of you :).
Tyltalis

Postby Algol on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Don't worry, Ty. I haven't really been doing anything either.
But as for your picture, hell yeah! Go Adell!
Algol

Postby Adell on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Tyltalis wrote:I'm sorry I haven't been on, and I'm sorry I missed the vote. My sincerest apology to everyone here. Adell, I want to say that I am proud of what you and all the other wonderful people on this forum are doing. I feel like I haven't done my share. But I do want to say this.
Old octopus-face doesn't stand a chance, you can do it! Words can not express my feelings right now. Ashamed for not being here, proud for having spoken to you guys. Know that all of you are my heros. You can do it, all of you :).

This gains my approval. 8-) :gurt:
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Tyltalis on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Thank you, Algol. I think the last time I was active, the Witch was still running for president and I was busy spreading her propaganda.

Thank you, Adell. I know that Cthulhu has nothing on you. You can do it :).
Tyltalis

Postby Serefin on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:56 pm

I wish I could be there. I'm extremely tech savvy, so I would be able to help you understand that thing.
Serefin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:52 am

Adell wrote:So...okay, I've got a bit more information to share now. First off, the exact location has been picked now. It's a park that's a small distance away from where I live, not a terribly far drive. The Hurricane did some serious damage to it, though. While it's not exactly the safest place to traverse it'll at least insure that no one around the area will be around and accidentally get caught in the middle of whatever happens during the confrontation. And that's perfectly fine with me. It's looking like tomorrow night I'll be going (or late afternoon), but I won't be able to put it off too long, since by the end of tomorrow it's likely that Cthuhlu will completely pass through the wall if I'm not there with the app to stop it...

I'll admit, the app itself has me somewhat worried. I'm not use to operating a smartphone under normal circumstances but this thing just seems unnecessarily complicated.
The App Screencap
(please ignore my idiot friend making fishy faces. He doesn't exactly buy the whole "fighting giant squid" deal to take his phone)

Yeah...so when this thing is running it cycles through a swirl of different colors over whatever you point it at (I feel like a double rainbow has invaded this phone). The power output thing on the bottom seems to fluctuate all the time but I never was able to get it to 100% (and I don't know why there are 5 bars either), even with all the fiddling around with the sliders to the right and left of it. (which by the way, I have no clear idea what they do O.O, what the frig is a Nexus Level, and why do I need to worry about it???). One thing is for certain, this thing drains the battery fast...like, it dropped to 64 percent in about a minute or 2, and by that point the phone was heating up considerably; not sure how normal that is. Bottom line, I'll need to save turning it on until I actually get to the crack. I'm guessing firing it is simple enough, just need to press the center crosshair thing, but I'm at a loss as to how to bring it to it's maximum percentage.

Mr.A is aware of my confusion though, he said he'd find a way to help before I go off to do this thing. Maybe he'll send me a "Cthulu Apps" for dummies pamphlet, I dunno. I guess I can't blame Mr.A for how the app turned out, he didn't exactly have weeks to make this thing; looks like he kind of just integrated it into Layar. The whole thing kind creeps me out really. Still no word from him about the Cabal though, I imagine if they're gonna show, they're probably already en route. Currently all I got to really do is figure this thing out and wait for whatever A is gonna do to help me. Well that and...mentally preparing myself for whatever is going to go down at this point. I think that's about all that's worth mentioning at this point :3

Stupid fish face photo bomb, totally ruined the whole screencap you jerkass.

Edit: After discussing it in the chat for a bit, it seems the symbols surrounding the crosshair are the Celtic symbol for Unity, the Kanji for Power, the Ankh for Life, and the Alchemical Symbol for Gold in the lower right. Not really sure what the point of it is.

COOL.

Now tell your friend to stop photobombing. Because it ruined it.

I suspect Cthulhu may be invisible or cannot be seen with the naked eye.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Dryunya on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:05 am

Adell wrote:The power output thing on the bottom seems to fluctuate all the time but I never was able to get it to 100% (and I don't know why there are 5 bars either), even with all the fiddling around with the sliders to the right and left of it. (which by the way, I have no clear idea what they do O.O, what the frig is a Nexus Level, and why do I need to worry about it???). One thing is for certain, this thing drains the battery fast...like, it dropped to 64 percent in about a minute or 2, and by that point the phone was heating up considerably; not sure how normal that is. Bottom line, I'll need to save turning it on until I actually get to the crack. I'm guessing firing it is simple enough, just need to press the center crosshair thing, but I'm at a loss as to how to bring it to it's maximum percentage.

It's just Stat-O-Vision, guys. I don't think it's that important. Just bells and whistles.

The power drain, though, may indicate that it uses a communication module extensively. Or performs computations. Who knows, maybe it really is calculating some metaversal stuff? :o
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Serefin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:56 am

So, anyone else get their computers taken away and be forced to use a desktop?
Serefin

Previous

Return to General Discussion