Revealing my hand

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Revealing my hand

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:34 pm

So, yeah, I've been keeping a few secrets myself. Figure it is time to reveal them. So, here is the link to the hidden chat where we got metaguards together to talk about the first letter, and I am releasing it as we have planned. Please do not post in this chat, as it is closed and is only for archive purposes.

However, me being me, I had another layer going at the same time, unbeknownst to the metaguards who were allowed into that chat, and so I give you the SUPER-SECRET PLOTTING ROOM, which really didn't ever hold much plotting except for the first day of it's creation. Again, NO POSTING PLEASE. It is just for archiving.

Well, there you go!
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Re: Revealing my hand

Postby Dryunya on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:56 pm

I should also say that I have the logs PDF'd. So don't be afrait to break anything. Maybe the room should be destroyed, if there is such a function.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Destroy it no, but the amount of log-in log-out messages will make it counter productive to read the logs there.
It would be best to wipe the logs in both rooms and host the PDFs for viewing.

That said, I feel I shouldn't comment on the contents... I believe you all understand why. It hits too close...
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby OneSteve on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:12 pm

I figure most of you know this by now, but since it's time for revealing stuff...

Hi. My name's Qara. I'm Canadian. Socks are comfy. Got it?

^_^
I have just broken the One Qara Limit!
OneSteve

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:49 pm

I too shall reveal my plotting: Since my arrival at this forum, I've been putting a notable amount of my processing power towards figuring out who is real and who isn't. I have yet to find much out for sure, but thanks to me tracking many of the main players, I've discovered that Ed and Joe are actors portraying those characters. It's came as quite a shock to me, I'll have you know.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Adell on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:26 pm

I too shall reveal my hand...
Attachments
Snapshot_20121227.jpg
Snapshot_20121227.jpg (46.9 KiB) Viewed 5759 times
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Adell wrote:I too shall reveal my hand...

LE GASP! A LEFT HAND!
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:16 am

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:I too shall reveal my plotting: Since my arrival at this forum, I've been putting a notable amount of my processing power towards figuring out who is real and who isn't. I have yet to find much out for sure, but thanks to me tracking many of the main players, I've discovered that Ed and Joe are actors portraying those characters. It's came as quite a shock to me, I'll have you know.

...oh my god that's brilliant
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:11 am

So we are all revealing our hands? ...okay, then. Here we go:

I was a Puppetmaster =) A Head Honcho, too. See you tomorrow!

--Connor Fallon
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby Flitterbie on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:18 am

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:I too shall reveal my plotting: Since my arrival at this forum, I've been putting a notable amount of my processing power towards figuring out who is real and who isn't. I have yet to find much out for sure, but thanks to me tracking many of the main players, I've discovered that Ed and Joe are actors portraying those characters. It's came as quite a shock to me, I'll have you know.

Wait, does that mean that we're fictional characters, being written by people on the other side of the fourth wall, and that the fourth wall was never actually damaged at all?
Flitterbie

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:22 am

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:So we are all revealing our hands? ...okay, then. Here we go:

--Connor Fallon

ah dammit. you ruined all the fun XD
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Blurred_9L on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:36 am

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:So we are all revealing our hands? ...okay, then. Here we go:

--Connor Fallon

wait, is this for real? :/
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:40 am

Blurred_9L wrote:

--Connor Fallon

wait, is this for real? :/

...I'm not too sure how much I should say at this point, so I'll settle for "Yes, I believe so".
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby Dryunya on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:03 am

So there WAS a spy among us? :o
Dammit! I knew it! I TOLD YOU!! WATCH ME SET MY PANTS ON FIRE!

Also,
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby JLocke on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:04 am

, I am that guy above me. :geek:

Yay, me! High five! :D
Sightless eyes
JLocke

Postby Dryunya on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:05 am

Yeah, other me! *High fives* :D
Dryunya

Postby S_o_S on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:23 am

Adell wrote:I too shall reveal my hand...

And Adell has won the thread. GG everyone.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:53 am

This is my hand: MY LEFT HAND. YES, I AM LEFT HANDED.

Photo on 2012-12-28 at 19.53.jpg
Photo on 2012-12-28 at 19.53.jpg (74.29 KiB) Viewed 5658 times
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby BlackWolfe on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:14 am

I have not been a Cheshire Cat sockpuppet the entire time.
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:18 am

BlackWolfe wrote:I have not been a Cheshire Cat sockpuppet the entire time.

Good. GOOD. GOOOOOOOD.

If you were, you would have ten fingers on each hand.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 am

Well, I suppose some might wonder about me after the blogs sweep that got us Guliver, Romeo and Juliet.
I had help from Dryu on that one. He did a sweep of his own and we matched results. A PM to Ed here in the forums and the information was disclosed. Since Tara's, Ben's and Rick's blogs seemed to be unrelated, Dryu just posted them regardless. We didn't get Adam's somehow though... I guess neither of us thought it was related or simply didn't get that far in the search...

So, if anyone wonders if I've been moving behind the scenes after that, the answer is no. Not like that. I was afraid of digging too deep and end up somehow getting information I wasn't supposed to have, breaking it for me (for having to keep it secret) or everyone (revealing it out of context). So I stuck to brainstorming after that. Some bits of computer stuff I did was look at the locator source code and such things... But only after calling it in the main room of the chat or in the forums.
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:41 am

On a side note, Dana said the blogs' discovery wasn't Sequence Breaking. We've been outmeta'd, gentlemen. :gurt:
Dryunya

Postby BlackWolfe on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:54 am

Dryunya wrote:On a side note, Dana said the blogs' discovery wasn't Sequence Breaking. We've been outmeta'd, gentlemen. :gurt:

Well, the blogs were updated in time with in-ARG events. The only way it would have been sequence breaking would have been if you'd found blog posts before they occurred, IMO.
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:01 pm

The idea here is that we were playing according to GM input. They directed us to the events we were supposed to follow.
Going out of our way and actually take the initiative and reveal new sources of events without GM prompt is what made it framed as a Sequence Break. They subverted it, and that's an awesome bit of planning. But for anyone following the game back them it did seem like we had just surprised everyone and pushed up the pacing regardless of GM intention. Yes, I'm shamelessly clinging to my trope. :P
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:14 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:This is my hand: MY LEFT HAND. YES, I AM LEFT HANDED.

Photo on 2012-12-28 at 19.53.jpg

...Isn't that your right hand, Pyro? ;)

I suppose since we're all revealing secrets I should come out with my comparatively minor one... I knew about the end credit song all along because a GM contacted me about using it (so when you all got those emails with me talking about my 'friend'? Yeah she was a GM)

And keeping it secret was THE HARDEST THING I have EVER DONE in my life :x ... well besides passing a masters degree course but EVEN SO.

Oh also... I am secretly not British
That's a lie, I am British. British as the day is long. Pass me the earl grey, dears...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Next

Return to General Discussion