Twitter Conversations

"We're all mad here."

[Refictionalized 18 Dec 2012]

Twitter Conversations

Postby VicariousShaner on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:42 pm

As the cat only seems to have conversations through Twitter, I think it's important to discuss what, and how to ask him. Put down any interesting conversations you've managed to squeeze out of him here.

Recently I had this conversation:

CC:"If you don't care where you end up, it doesn't matter which way you go."
Me: "But what if it is opposite day? Do you end up caring regardless?"
CC: "Find the road that matters that day and try to go the other way."
Me: "But how does one find the road that matters, when one only chooses the road less traveled?"
CC: "A profound question indeed. One cannot find unless one first looks."

Obviously this means absolutely nothing.
VicariousShaner

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby DrunkGirlfriend on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:37 pm

DrunkGirlfriend

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:01 am

Just a bit... how much does the cat know, exactly?
(Also, are we really having just one thread for all the twitter conversations?)
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:39 am

Only thing I got out of him was that my bio was too short and he's from Neptune. So basically lots of sarcasm.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby VicariousShaner on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:36 pm

https://twitter.com/AVeryMadCat/status/ ... 1337032704

If this wasn't the Chesire Cat, it would probably mean that he's confirming that it's really a monster man.

But because it is the Chesire Cat, I can say with almost certainty that the cat means to say that the monster has no gender, or something in between.

Another clue points to Mr.A, if I'm correct here.

(Although maybe the cat should just be taken at face value, for once.)
VicariousShaner

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:29 pm

Does this mean it's here?

...Well, I'm not going to get any sleep tonight.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby VicariousShaner on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:53 pm

"The thread grows ever longer and weaves deftly between looms. Perhaps we need more weavers before the next character boom."

I get the feeling this doesn't bode too well.

Hmm. Any idea's for a possible response?
VicariousShaner

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:55 pm

Dunno. Spread the word? Get more people involved? More characters?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Victin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Maybe: we need more people to be understanding the story, like Sicon is doing now, so everything will move on the same speed, and the characters will come off in the right time.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:12 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Dunno. Spread the word? Get more people involved? More characters?

Pretty sure the former is what this means. Joe could probably use a larger investigative force, especially if there are even more characters ahead.
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Good God more characters? Please kill of a few so I am not stretched so thin.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Anura on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:45 am

More "weavers"? Are they recruiting Puppetmasters? Has this thing grown beyond their ability to manage?
Anura

Postby YankeeWhite on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:50 am

At first I thought recruiting more players. But now I'm thinking it relates directly to Edward's 'Mods' post.
YankeeWhite

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Has anyone noted that the cat was the only character that can use a computer to not seem to think that technology is weird?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby The Finch on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:16 pm

Victin wrote:Has anyone noted that the cat was the only character that can use a computer to not seem to think that technology is weird?

Has anyone noticed that he's a CAT USING A COMPUTER?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:20 pm

The Finch wrote:
Victin wrote:Has anyone noted that the cat was the only character that can use a computer to not seem to think that technology is weird?

Has anyone noticed that he's a CAT USING A COMPUTER?

Exactly my point.
This is us ================> :geek:
This is Holmes and Poirot => :geek:
This is the cat ===========> :ugeek:
Victin

Postby Replica on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:24 pm

He's the Cheshire Cat, it's not really that weird for him. I mean, the whole "cat using a computer" thing is a little odd, but by the normal standards of the Cheshire Cat things get much weirder.
Replica

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:25 pm

IM ON UR OTHER WIKEH
EDITING UR ARTICULZ
Help it I could not...
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:38 pm

https://twitter.com/AVeryMadCat/status/252982916341174272

I read this and googled "A Tangled Skein" (I'm bored as hell) and I got this from The Other Wiki's article on a book called "With A Tangled Skein." (Sorry for the wall of text.)

"The Tapestry of life is an immeasurably enormous tapestry, containing all the threads of life from the beginning of time to the end, chronicling all of human existence. Fate's task is to build and maintain the tapestry, though like all of the Incarnations, she has a staff that handles the routine issues - there is simply too much for her to do it all herself. The Tapestry has many unusual properties - its main one being that it does not function as something only half complete. It does not end where they are working on it, but simply fades into the future, or becomes impenetrably tangled and impossible to read. Correcting these tangles is what takes up much of Fate's time, in addition to working with Chronos to schedule where in the tapestry each thread should be anchored and where it should be cut. A semi-physical form of the Tapestry resides in Fate's Abode, but it is merely a representation - the true Tapestry is so massive and complex as to be incomprehensible except at a very specific level. As such, the Tapestry can only be harmed indirectly, by altering individual events - the Tapestry as a whole remains largely untouchable."

Might be nothing but he could be telling us to focus on the individuals, like Poirot or the patient, rather than looking at the wall.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:57 pm

You kind of lost me around the middle. I guess my mind really isn't what it used to be. :?
NeverSlender wrote:Might be nothing but he could be telling us to focus on the individuals, like Poirot or the patient, rather than looking at the wall.

I totally agree with that - I was looking at the wall Because I'm Good At It. :) I prefer not to interfere with the Sherlock's case, so I'm left to speculate about the big picture. And now Mr. A has denied me the pleasure. Dammit. :(
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:32 pm

I've intrigued the cat, but I'm not much of a talker. SOMEBODY OCCUPY THE CAT, STAT! :(
Dryunya

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:47 pm

What did you mean by mass conversations?
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:51 pm

I meant something like a hashtag, probably. The cat seems to have gone away anyway. =(
I kind of wanted to have an informal chat, but no you people still keep asking him direct questions. Even I stopped resorting to that a while ago. :(
Dryunya

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:53 pm

I meant, you typed: "The plot seems to come to a halt, Mr. Cat. Perhaps we may find some entertainment in mass conversations? "

And he was asking what you meant by that. Did you mean have him talk with all of us over some kind of chat? He seemed interested in the idea of a 'group conversation' to me. Maybe he would like to talk to us over something not twitter.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Cheshire Cat