Twitter Conversations

"We're all mad here."

[Refictionalized 18 Dec 2012]

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby The Finch on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:24 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Dryunya wrote:MORIARTY PHANTOM DONJUAN LEFEY
He posted the names in series, making a pause after every one. Afterwards, he was just spamming smilies.
If he was trolling, I swear I'll... write my first rape slash fic. :evil:

That cat... Is... Magnificent!

YOU MAGNIFICENT CAT! I READ YOUR LETTER!
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:28 pm

Dryunya wrote:Well, your finding is now in the timeline. Good job, dude. Have these: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt:

Thanks :mrgreen: I think it's the first time my soul has actually helped in something, other than giving me dejá vus.
BTW, why is there a picture of a shoe in Mr. Cake's twitter?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Victin wrote:Thanks :mrgreen: I think it's the first time my soul has actually helped in something, other than giving me dejá vus.
BTW, why is there a picture of a shoe in Mr. Cake's twitter?

The cat mentioned something about a "spat" between himself and Mr. A, so Mr. A posted a literal spat.
JackAlsworth

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:30 pm

The Finch wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:
He posted the names in series, making a pause after every one. Afterwards, he was just spamming smilies.
If he was trolling, I swear I'll... write my first rape slash fic. :evil:

That cat... Is... Magnificent!

YOU MAGNIFICENT CAT! I READ YOUR LETTER!

Awesome. Just Awesome.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Metaneko confirms it.
Aha! I see you've found my little Cabal calling card :D You didn't even know it was a riddle, did you?
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Ha! I knew it. Morgana LeFey, right? That HAS to be one of the spelling variations on her name. And I just wiki'd it, so apparantly Don Juan is some kind of Spanish 'libertine'...who makes a habit of seducing women. So we know who HE is now too.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:50 pm

Scarab wrote:

Ha! I knew it. Morgana LeFey, right? That HAS to be one of the spelling variations on her name. And I just wiki'd it, so apparantly Don Juan is some kind of Spanish 'libertine'...who makes a habit of seducing women. So we know who HE is now too.

All of the names he put in the chat were the guesses written down in the What We Know: The Cabal post.
JackAlsworth

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Sweet! Our guesses were vindicated! :P
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Or maybe he read them and is messing with us.
I have no idea why I'm so suspicious about and angry at the cat right now. :evil:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:00 pm

Dryunya wrote:Or maybe he read them and is messing with us.
I have no idea why I'm so suspicious about and angry at the cat right now. :evil:

I'm not sure if it's truth or not, but I prefer to believe it is. Metaneko wouldn't lie to us, would he?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:01 pm

I've been feeling suspicious of the Cat since last night, and here's why:

He can change the tone of his writing just TOO DAMN EASILY. It's nice to assume he's on our side and was just trolling the Cabal, but for a while there it really seemed like he might be on their side. I'm not entirely sure we can trust the Cat anymore. I mean, he's been just about the most helpful character, but what if he ultimately wants to stay and is trying to gain our trust and manipulate us to his own ends?

I'm not usually one to give into the paranoia, though, so I'm trying to push it out of my mind.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:02 pm

He supposedly gave us this chat archive as a reward. Considering there was no directly conveyed useful information, we got no practical value from knowing Pheeble can be used for live chats, and the main result was that we're probably not going to be able to see future chats, this had better be confirmation and not just trolling us. If it's not confirmation, then this is all punishment, and no reward.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Good grief, this tears it. The cat is now MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IN THIS GAME! GO CAT! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:05 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:

I've been feeling suspicious of the Cat since last night, and here's why:

He can change the tone of his writing just TOO DAMN EASILY. It's nice to assume he's on our side and was just trolling the Cabal, but for a while there it really seemed like he might be on their side. I'm not entirely sure we can trust the Cat anymore. I mean, he's been just about the most helpful character, but what if he ultimately wants to stay and is trying to gain our trust and manipulate us to his own ends?

I'm not usually one to give into the paranoia, though, so I'm trying to push it out of my mind.

I say we let him. :D
No, really. He's our lead right now. If he's playing us and not the Cabal, we'll need Mr. A's intervention... As long a cAke makes no move, our clear path is to play along with the cat, no?
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:07 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Good grief, this tears it. The cat is now MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IN THIS GAME! GO CAT! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Metaneko* XD
Victin

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:08 pm

You know who cats play with? Mice.

Yep, we're boned.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby The Finch on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Zup wrote:You know who cats play with? Mice.

Yep, we're boned.

But the cat calls us his "Kittens!"
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:00 pm

Pixelmage wrote:I say we let him.
No, really. He's our lead right now. If he's playing us and not the Cabal, we'll need Mr. A's intervention... As long a cAke makes no move, our clear path is to play along with the cat, no?

Agreed, still I worry about us being dependant on one of them like this. It seems a risky manouvere with even the most coherent of characters, and the Cheshire Cat is hardly... sane.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:He supposedly gave us this chat archive as a reward. Considering there was no directly conveyed useful information, we got no practical value from knowing Pheeble can be used for live chats, and the main result was that we're probably not going to be able to see future chats, this had better be confirmation and not just trolling us. If it's not confirmation, then this is all punishment, and no reward.

Actually, it did give us info. We learnt that PhEeBle can be user as an active chat duing certain time frames.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:53 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:He supposedly gave us this chat archive as a reward. Considering there was no directly conveyed useful information, we got no practical value from knowing Pheeble can be used for live chats, and the main result was that we're probably not going to be able to see future chats, this had better be confirmation and not just trolling us. If it's not confirmation, then this is all punishment, and no reward.

Actually, it did give us info. We learnt that PhEeBle can be user as an active chat duing certain time frames.

We cannot know for sure that the time frames are the important part. Again, it could have just taken the cat that time to set up the whole thing. Be careful about jumping to conclusions. It's a perfectly valid theory, but make sure you remember that it is a theory.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:57 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:

We cannot know for sure that the time frames are the important part. Again, it could have just taken the cat that time to set up the whole thing. Be careful about jumping to conclusions. It's a perfectly valid theory, but make sure you remember that it is a theory.

True. And Mr. A just confirmed the identity of the 4 on twitter, so we could say that Metaneko's reward was, in fact, confirmation for Cabal members' IDs.
If the active chat theory proves to be right, awesome, but we got a lot of this regardless. And a lot of lulz. That's also important.
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Pixelmage wrote:True. And Mr. A just confirmed the identity of the 4 on twitter

Shit, people! You need to retweet things like that! The posts that start with a @ don't show up in the timeline, and I've been unaware of the confirmation for 5 hours now! :cry: I've even started to check the evidence... poorly, but I still did. :?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Well I'm glad our guesses were confirmed.

I contributed! Morgana and the Phantom were my guesses based on the comic.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Zup wrote:I contributed! Morgana and the Phantom were my guesses based on the comic.

Well... Morgana's image is pretty far from what I'd get with a google search. :)
Dryunya

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:36 pm

She fit with the idea, and once I came to the conclusion that Oberon might be female, it kinda took off from there. I also read lots of comics. :D
Zup
Meta-Knight

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Cheshire Cat