Twitter Conversations

"We're all mad here."

[Refictionalized 18 Dec 2012]

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:58 am

Missed it too. (What was Sicon's glimpse post? Don't let me be curious!!! I can die from the sympthoms!)

Anyway, reading back, I think the point is that Cheshire proved us that it IS possible to access the active chat. What time EXACTLY did the chatroom open? From the POV here, I'm having trouble with converting timezones from the twitter timestamp... As he seemed to have to wait until a specific time to access the chat, and seems to me that he named the chatlog, because the Cabal members didn't react by recognizing him as the Cat. Therefore, should not be able to name the log as "thecat".
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:02 am

Well, this is certaily a strange one

LOOK BEYOND THAT WHICH YOU SEE
EVEN THOSE BORN WITH EYES CLOSED CAN SEE MORE CLEARLY
FOR THOSE WITHOUT VISION WILL LIVE IN BRIGHTER DARKNESS
ENOUGH TO MAKE MADDER MEN WITH MORE METTLE

I think he's being abstract THIS time. The darkness may refer to a lack of knowledge, with knowledge being the light of understanding. (Which... sort of makes sense, blind people can't see the light, but are as knowledgable as anybody else, and perhaps can be more knowledgable in some things than people with sight. The alliteration bewilders me.

And probably unrelated but madder is the common name for a family of chiefly tropical and subtropical trees and shrubs, especially abundant in N South America.... Yeah no. Not relevant I don't think. :?

Pixelmage wrote:Anyway, reading back, I think the point is that Cheshire proved us that it IS possible to access the active chat. What time EXACTLY did the chatroom open? From the POV here, I'm having trouble with converting timezones from the twitter timestamp... As he seemed to have to wait until a specific time to access the chat, and seems to me that he named the chatlog, because the Cabal members didn't react by recognizing him as the Cat. Therefore, should not be able to name the log as "thecat".

...You think we could get in on a LIVE CHAT?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:09 am

Scarab wrote:...You think we could get in on a LIVE CHAT?

Laconic: Yes.

If the cat showed us an active chat, I have to think that he wanted to show us that Pheeble is their active chatroom, hence, possible to join while active.

Back into the hacking event, Cabal left a message of meeting us when the clock strikes 0:45 if we wanted to join then and all that.
Now Cheshire did just that, we have to know the exact time Metaneko did it, but it should be possible for one of us to do it too.
Pixelmage

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:15 am

This is definitely their active chat room. In the source code it says that the timestamps (which we can't see) change according to the timezone of the users and there is code for an add chat line. How to access it, I don't know.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:18 am

NeverSlender wrote:This is definitely their active chat room. In the source code it says that the timestamps (which we can't see) change according to the timezone of the users and there is code for an add chat line. How to access it, I don't know.

My guess is that the server-side script redirects to a join dialog at a specific time frame. Otherwise, why would them tell us to talk to them at 0:45 and why would the cat have to wait to give us our reward?
Pixelmage

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:19 am

Pixelmage wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:This is definitely their active chat room. In the source code it says that the timestamps (which we can't see) change according to the timezone of the users and there is code for an add chat line. How to access it, I don't know.

My guess is that the server-side script redirects to a join dialog at a specific time frame. Otherwise, why would them tell us to talk to them at 0:45 and why would the cat have to wait to give us our reward?

I wonder if the cat knows when it will be active again.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:22 am

NeverSlender wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:

I wonder if the cat knows when it will be active again.

If we asked, could we maybe exchange a riddle for the correct time or something?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:24 am

Pixelmage wrote:

They never asked us to join the CHAT at that time, they posted the entire archive at that exact moment. It was definitely not a live chat; no one could type that fast. I checked literally three seconds before it went up and it was nowhere to be found. One second after the time, it was there in in it's entirety.

As to the cat waiting, I suspect he had to get the whole thing set up for us, but it could also be a time delay thing.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:28 am

Sicon112 wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:

They never asked us to join the CHAT at that time, they posted the entire archive at that exact moment. It was definitely not a live chat; no one could type that fast. I checked literally three seconds before it went up and it was nowhere to be found. One second after the time, it was there in in it's entirety.

As to the cat waiting, I suspect he had to get the whole thing set up for us, but it could also be a time delay thing.

It's possible the chat's are automatically archived and they knew when they would be finished talking.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:32 am

So in layman's terms... we need the password for the site, and then we have to to log onto their chat at the EXACT right moment? Do I have that right?
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:36 am

NeverSlender wrote:It's possible the chat's are automatically archived and they knew when they would be finished talking.

It is, but why the needless complexity? All I'm saying is that that specific one was an archive. Does it matter that much how the archive was posted in that specific case?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:41 am

Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:It's possible the chat's are automatically archived and they knew when they would be finished talking.

It is, but why the needless complexity? All I'm saying is that that specific one was an archive. Does it matter that much how the archive was posted in that specific case?

Probably not. Now that I think about it, unless the chat waits until a while after the last message was sent to post the archive, it can't be automatic. Apart from thecat they're a few days old.

By the way, can someone who was in America tell me the time the cat posted his first riddle yesterday and the time he started his chat?

EDIT: By first, I mean the penguin one.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:43 am

Scarab wrote:So in layman's terms... we need the password for the site, and then we have to to log onto their chat at the EXACT right moment? Do I have that right?

It's the theory we're working on. Yes. But we can't be sure yet.
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Moriayphantomdonjuanlefey
TJHE FIRST LETTERS
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm still catching up. If this is a riddle tell me.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:11 pm

Victin wrote:Moriayphantomdonjuanlefey
TJHE FIRST LETTERS

Um, what? :|
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:12 pm

Dryunya wrote:
TJHE FIRST LETTERS

The first letters of each post the Cat made in the chatlog (except the :D's, I didn't count them). They spell that.
Victin

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Victin wrote:
Dryunya wrote:
TJHE FIRST LETTERS

The first letters of each post the Cat made in the chatlog (except the :D's, I didn't count them). They spell that.

It appears he's not as mad as you would think.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:14 pm

So, is that the answer for one riddle or anything?
Victin

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Victin wrote:So, is that the answer for one riddle or anything?

Well he's either trolling us or confirming our guesses on the cabal.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:18 pm

Well, in that case you forgot the capitals inside the posts (it already spells "MORIARTY"). Let me reconstruct it.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:20 pm

MORIARTY PHANTOM DONJUAN LEFEY
He posted the names in series, making a pause after every one. Afterwards, he was just spamming smilies.
If he was trolling, I swear I'll... write my first rape slash fic. :evil:
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:21 pm

Dryunya wrote:Well, in that case you forgot the capitals inside the posts (it already spells "MORIARTY"). Let me reconstruct it.

I didn't pay attention to the insides of the posts. I only noticed that because I heard my soul telling me to look at first letters of the posts. I thought it wouldn't take to nothing, and it would only mess up my catching up. I read "MORIAY", and I thought it was a coincidence. Then I read "PHANTOM" and I didn't belive it. I opened the Notebook and started to type the letters. When I finished, the excitement was so big that I nearly wasn't able to copy and paste it down, because I wanted to explode.
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Dryunya wrote:MORIARTY PHANTOM DONJUAN LEFEY
He posted the names in series, making a pause after every one. Afterwards, he was just spamming smilies.
If he was trolling, I swear I'll... write my first rape slash fic. :evil:

That cat... Is... Magnificent!
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Well, your finding is now in the timeline. Good job, dude. Have these: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt:
Dryunya

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Cheshire Cat