"We're all mad here."

[Refictionalized 18 Dec 2012]

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Flitterbie on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:55 pm

Did it. Prepared to look crazy.
Flitterbie

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Okay. I'm not sure whether we'll get a response from the psychiatrist for a while, since she hasn't posted anything in the last half hour or so. But hopefully she'll see it eventually, and maybe respond with useful info.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Flitterbie on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:00 am

Or she'll think I'm crazy. Either way.
Flitterbie

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:01 am

I think the cats are eventually going to use her twitter, and she is sooo going to freak out when she finds out.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Goldude on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:18 am

This might not help us solve anything, but Carl Jung is the name of a psychologist. The owner might have named her two cats after him.
1st official attempted Spanner In The Works and light in the darkness.
Goldude

Postby Flitterbie on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 am

Goldude wrote:This might not help us solve anything, but Carl Jung is the name of a psychologist. The owner might have named her two cats after him.

Well, yeah. She's a psychologist. She probably thought it was clever.
Flitterbie

Postby Flitterbie on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:59 am

Okay, just a random thought, but: I asked the cat if, since crossing the wall, he had had any offline conversations with other fictites. He responds with 'meow.' We assumed he was trying to direct us to the cats.

Well, here's a crazy thought: What if the cats ARE characters? It's weird, I know, but...
Flitterbie

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:29 am

That's kind of what everything is hinting at. Their age still doesn't make sense. As I said, we may be able to get some details if we keep pushing about the previous owner, but I don't want to, she may get suspicious.

Goldude wrote:This might not help us solve anything, but Carl Jung is the name of a psychologist. The owner might have named her two cats after him.

Theme Naming, dude. :gurt: Pretty in character.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Dryunya wrote:That's kind of what everything is hinting at. Their age still doesn't make sense. As I said, we may be able to get some details if we keep pushing about the previous owner, but I don't want to, she may get suspicious.

Theme Naming, dude. :gurt: Pretty in character.

Maybe it isn't the cat who came from the wall, but the old owner. The one year could be counting from the time he got the cats in his universe.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:26 pm

That would make three characters at once. I hope that's not the case - it would be a little too much for us to handle. That's also the reason why it's unlikely, meta-wise.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Dryunya wrote:That would make three characters at once. I hope that's not the case - it would be a little too much for us to handle. That's also the reason why it's unlikely, meta-wise.

I know that, I was just pointing that idea out. But the cats musn't be characters by themselves in order to prove that the owner isn't one (I mean, the cats are secondary characters, the owner is a main character)
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:17 pm

I don't understand what the Cat means by meowmeowmeowhisshisspurrmeowpurr. Yankee's gotten into it, but there's no explanation for it...
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:28 pm

He said that we know someone who cat translate it. That means, there is a sentient cat in the vicinity, or someone who can talk to animals. The former points to those two cats yet again.
I think I'm getting fixated on that theory. :evil:
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Dryunya wrote:He said that we know someone who cat translate it. That means, there is a sentient cat in the vicinity, or someone who can talk to animals. The former points to those two cats yet again.
I think I'm getting fixated on that theory. :evil:

(Stealth pun!)

Who else could he mean?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:31 pm

NeverSlender wrote:(Stealth pun!)

Whoops, that was unintended. But really amusing. :mrgreen:
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Dryunya wrote:

Awww, I thought it was intentional.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:41 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Dryunya wrote:

Awww, I thought it was intentional.

I missed the pun. Blame a long school day. Was it the typo?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:43 pm

I missed the pun. Blame a long school day. Was it the typo?

Yeah. :gurt:

We should get a cat smilie to go with Gurt.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:53 pm

Would it be colored orange? I keep thinking of the purple and pink Disney Alice's Cheshire.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:54 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Would it be colored orange? I keep thinking of the purple and pink Disney Alice's Cheshire.

The cat in the comic is orange so I guess so.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby YankeeWhite on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:59 pm

So it started with Chesire's "The thread grows ever longer..." tweet. His reply to me contained skein, which I had to google. :? Then I rebuttaled with the meowhisspurr tweet. I think he was just bringing it up for grins & giggles.
YankeeWhite

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:12 pm

YankeeWhite wrote:So it started with Chesire's "The thread grows ever longer..." tweet. His reply to me contained skein, which I had to google. :? Then I rebuttaled with the meowhisspurr tweet. I think he was just bringing it up for grins & giggles.

Yeah, the tweet from YankeeWhite was from a few days ago, but the Cat didn't retweet it until we started making a big deal about something that he probably just intended as a joke. I think it went like this:

YankeeWhite tweets meowmeowmeowhisshisspurrmeowpurr to the Cat. It's not connected to anything, just silly, and comes out of an already-in-progress conversation.

A few days later, the Cat references YankeeWhite's tweet in a Callback, but nobody recognizes the reference because most of us didn't see the original tweet.

We start going crazy on this forum trying to figure out what meowmeowmeowhisshisspurrmeowpurr means. Cheshire sees what we're doing and decides to clear things up with a retweet. But it doesn't really work and most of us stay confused.

(I actually got this pretty clear in my head last night, and was going to post it, but then my internet connection cut out and it was late so I decided "I'll just go to bed. They'll get it sorted by morning." Evidently I was overly optimistic.)
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:27 pm

We start going crazy on this forum trying to figure out what meowmeowmeowhisshisspurrmeowpurr means. Cheshire sees what we're doing and decides to clear things up with a retweet. But it doesn't really work and most of us stay confused.

Status quo is maintained for us all, then.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:51 pm

The cat has posted for the first time in days.

"It's always refreshing to step back from a tree, and behold the forest you now see. :D "

I guess he's commenting on the number of characters there now are. He's right. It is a forest.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:05 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:The cat has posted for the first time in days.

"It's always refreshing to step back from a tree, and behold the forest you now see. :D "

I guess he's commenting on the number of characters there now are. He's right. It is a forest.

Also, he probably doesn't have an internet connection in a forest. That must be the reason he isn't posting.
Victin

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Cheshire Cat