Twitter Conversations

"We're all mad here."

[Refictionalized 18 Dec 2012]

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:37 pm

[Zack updated. Is this related?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Could this be something to do with Cindarella?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:39 pm

Victin wrote:[Zack updated. Is this related?

Probably not (to the riddle, anyway), but this is going into the timeline (when it gets unlocked...)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Maybe it's about the Red Queen.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Adell on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:49 pm

The answer might not be a queen, since the riddle only implies her sister is one and that she is no longer royalty. If you're taking it literally (riddlelly)
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Adell wrote:The answer might not be a queen, since the riddle only implies her sister is one and that she is no longer royalty. If you're taking it literally (riddlelly)

I can only think now of the recent Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland movie, with the two queens fighting. If it isn't this, it could be a chess motif.
(by the movie being related, I mean: is there any queen fight in the book? In any of the two?)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the story behind Throught the Looking-glass?

EDITED
Last edited by Victin on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:55 pm

Which movie? I can't imagine you're talking about Frankenwienie.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:56 pm

One issue is "sister's land" could have three meanings. One sister and it's her land. Sister's is plural and it's their land. Her queenly sister is land. Damn you english language.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Finch on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Is it Princess Celestia/Luna?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby JackAlsworth on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:58 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Which movie? I can't imagine you're talking about Frankenwienie.

His Alice in Wonderland remake a couple years ago.
JackAlsworth

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:04 pm

NeverSlender wrote:One issue is "sister's land" could have three meanings. One sister and it's her land. Sister's is plural and it's their land. Her queenly sister is land. Damn you english language.

The second would be "sisters' land". The third is still valid, though - I didn't even think about it. o_O
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Victin wrote:What is the story behind Throught the Looking-glass?

Through the Looking Glass has most of the stuff that people associate with Alice in Wonderland, like the Jabberwocky poem, the chess pieces, the bread-and-butterfly and the rocking-horsefly. The modern adaptations of Alice take from those two books: "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There."
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm concerned about the multiple meanings of the word "above". Does that mean that her sister's land is above hers if looking for it on a map, assuming that North is up? Or literally above her, as if she were a subterranean creature or her sister's land is floating in the sky?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Or it may be "above" as "more important". And it's all probably a metaphor.
This one is very hard. We need to make guesses. :(
Dryunya

Postby Adell on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Dryunya wrote:Or it may be "above" as "more important". And it's all probably a metaphor.
This one is very hard. We need to make guesses. :(

You guessed Pluto? Cause it's not a planet anymore?
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Yeah. But it's 9th. Weeeellll, maybe 10th, if you count the sun. Just a guess - didn't want to waste one. :?
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:27 pm

Good grief guys, if you keep analyzing sentences like this, I'll be out of a job! Sorry I couldn't get here sooner, but I sorta got abducted by TV Tropes again... I'll get to work on examining the riddle and let you know if I think of something.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Flitterbie on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:27 pm

Dryunya wrote:Yeah. But it's 9th. Weeeellll, maybe 10th, if you count the sun. Just a guess - didn't want to waste one. :?

Wouldn't the assumption be that it was the tenth.. whatever to be disowned?
Flitterbie

Postby Guyshane on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 pm

Umm guys maybe its just talking about an actual person and you know not a metaphor? just as a possibility?
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:35 pm

As I said, if it's an actual member of royal family, there's no way I'm researching that. Too much information, and I'm remarkably lazy lately.
Oh, and also, I didn't hear that much of disownings in British (he meant British, right?) royal family.
Dryunya

Postby Adell on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Dryunya wrote:As I said, if it's an actual member of royal family, there's no way I'm researching that. Too much information, and I'm remarkably lazy lately.

I feel like it wouldn't be much of a riddle if it's just "who was the tenth disowned queen" or something similar.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Guyshane on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:38 pm

Well would killed count as disowned? because quite frankly if it does:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_I_of_England
she got disowned and was succeeded by her half sister. keep in mind I'm not sure just throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby JournalistMax on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:47 pm

Her queenly sister's <----------- indicating one sister's possession of something ----------> a kingdom.

The answer to the riddle is some one who has a sister with a kingdom above hers?
JournalistMax

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Guyshane wrote:Well would killed count as disowned? because quite frankly if it does:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_I_of_England

If that's your guess, ask the cat. I don't want to take your credit. ;)
Dryunya

Postby JournalistMax on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:51 pm

I really think the answer is going to be a fictional one, unless that article somehow relates to the advancement of the plot in any way.
JournalistMax

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Cheshire Cat