Refictionalization: Cheshire Cat

"We're all mad here."

[Refictionalized 18 Dec 2012]

Re: Refictionalization: Cheshire Cat

Postby Adell on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:54 pm

I do have to wonder how the guy read out loud the smiley face at the end... :lol:
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:54 pm

That was great! Good work Qara.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby BlackWolfe on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:01 am

Adell wrote:I do have to wonder how the guy read out loud the smiley face at the end... :lol:

Like this.
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby Dryunya on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:03 am

Adell wrote:I do have to wonder how the guy read out loud the smiley face at the end... :lol:

"Colon D". :D
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:49 am

Qara-Zuan Xenith wrote:>>what the hell
I don't see any "what the hell" here.

Qara, you are my new favorite person. Well done.

I don't see any "Qara, you are my new favorite person. Well done." here.
JackAlsworth

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:17 am

^_^ Thanks, guys!

I am... very pleased and a little blown over by all this.
It feels so good to see people reacting to what I wrote the way that I intended/hoped they would!
:D :D :D
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:39 am

SUCH an awesome fic :D Nice one Q!
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby S_o_S on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 am

Bye bye Kitty Cat. A simple joke, but a very funny one. Loved it!
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Scarab on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:01 am

And so away goes another one who I am really going to miss :(
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Victin on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:59 am

:gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt:
This one now is my favorite. Damn, it's so... Awesome, and funny...
:gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt:
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby H22 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:05 am

Wonderful refic. Well done.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Dryunya on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 pm

I wonder what the owner's reaction was.
"NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO KITTY!!!" :cry:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby H22 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:57 pm

'Hello? Is that the New Orleans Cat Protection League?'
'Yes, how can we help?'
'Well, Cheshire, my cat, just disapppeared after I read a game to him.... Hello? You there?
'The number you have called is temporarily unavailable.'
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Dryunya wrote:I wonder what the owner's reaction was.

...It might have been "whew that scary cat isn't here any more." He looked absolutely TERRIFYING in his Echo. Maybe they just fed him because they were too frightened of what he'd do if he got too hungry.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Adell on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:20 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:
Dryunya wrote:I wonder what the owner's reaction was.

...It might have been "whew that scary cat isn't here any more." He looked absolutely TERRIFYING in his Echo. Maybe they just fed him because they were too frightened of what he'd do if he got too hungry.

The owner didn't seem scared of him, just kind of annoyed with his antics of trying to leave the house. If the guy really misses his cat maybe we can give him adams lol.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby The Finch on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:54 am

I'm losing my sides here
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby BlackWolfe on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:16 am

H22 wrote:'Hello? Is that the New Orleans Cat Protection League?'

Awwww, it doesn't spell anything. How about New Orleans Felines United Nation?

Nah.

That's no fun.
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby RotavatoR on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:12 pm

Congrats Qara :D I think you implemented the trope better than the rest of us ^_^ Also, it's an enjoyable read :)
Here's my Cheshire refic, for the curious:
RotavatoR wrote:The Cat made his way through the Void. The sounds of his near-silent pawsteps became deafening echoes due to the emptiness that filled this place to the brim.

'I once had an Echo to call my own :D Let's see if I can call it once again... METANEKO-ECHO! METANEKO-ECHO! METANEKO-ECHO!'

He shouted at the Nothing for three hours, forty-two minutes and three-point-one-four seconds. It seemed to roar back from time to time, becoming louder and louder the closer he came to the Crack in the Wall in the Void...

'For the first time in my life, something messes with my mind. I worry about the kittens that I have left behind >:|'

The Cat indeed knew of the danger that awaited us. He had grinned in the face of the Jabberwock several times, but this Elder God attempting to break through the Fourth Wall was millions of magnitudes more horrifying. But just before he decided to go back, he saw

'A curtain? Curiouser and curiouser... :D'

It covered the lower part of the Crack, and behind the curtain, he saw a small door stuck in the Crack in the Wall. He knew he almost certainly would not be able to fit through in this state. The cat turned his attention to turning the golden doorknob. Most doorknobs will remain lifeless when turned, but this one did not feel like doing such a thing.

'This doorknob has eyes,
Its handle a nose,
Its mouth is a keyhole
A face, I suppose :D'

'Yes, yes, I am well aware of my face. It's really all I am, you know. Say, what happened to your fur?'

'You are the first to ruffle it. Are you saying I have not cleaned myself well?'

'Well of course not! I didn't mean any insult, it's just that I remembered you more pink-and-purple. Have you been outdoors for a while, Cheshire?'

'Cheshire? Pink and purple? Oh dear, something just clicked... I recognize you, you recognize me! An additional character in a mere copy of the work that gave me birth.'

'A mere COPY?! I don't know who you think you are, but you have insulted my very being! I won't let you through.'
'Now now, it's not quite nice to slam the door in my face :D'

'Well, you have your haughty behavior to thank for that.'

'I am a cat. I would not be a cat if I weren't haughty, and not be haughty if I weren't a cat >:|'

'Well you're certainly not adorable. In fact, if I could move I would...'

The Wall shook. It had remained immobile for the entirety of its existence, ever since a caveman decided to draw his cavechildren a bedtime story. Even with the Cracks, the Wall itself had remained relatively stable. But now, with this demon awakened and trying to escape, reality was in true danger. Cthulhu's attempts to break through sent ripples of energy through the fabric of the Wall.

'W-What was that?'

'I smell seafood. Normally I am quite fond of it, but this particular beast tends to snap back. I prefer to stay far away from eldritch calamari.'

'I can feel something powerful hitting the Wall. Are we in danger?'

'I have a feeling we are. And even moreso if we dawdle here any longer. I apologize for my rudeness earlier. This is no time to make enemies :D'

'I don't know... You still look awfully tricky.'

'... :)'

'Very well then. Now, let's get you smaller, shall we? Otherwise I am simply impassable. Why don't you try the bottle?'

Yes, there lay a bottle behind them, made with glass and filled with some green... stuff. Cheshire took a sip and found it to be an energizing drink, if a bit hallucinogenic. He shrunk (because what else would you expect) and could now easily walk through the door. On the other side it felt as if the air was quaking. Cheshire hoped that everyone would still be at their places.

'A-hum!'

'Ah, yes, of course :D'

He set his claws deeply in the wood and with an amount of strength you would not expect from a talking cat, he yanked Doorknob with door and all out of the Crack in the Fourth Wall.

'Thank you.'

'My pleasure. One good turn deserves another, as you would say...'

Both were behind the Wall now and parted ways. Doorknob slowly floated back to his own world, and Cheshire too felt drawn towards home. The tropes showed him the way, guided him back into his own story. A girl's voice was heard, saying 'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'

'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
RotavatoR

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] Cheshire Cat