France and a New Mystery

"It is the brain, the little gray cells on which one must rely. One must seek the truth within--not without."

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: France and a New Mystery

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:44 am

Oh god, this is gonna end with us all meeting ourselves.

Hell, if the Administrators are RIGHT about there being altercations going on on EVERY LAYER of fiction then it's quite possible we will meet ourselves MORE THAN ONCE. I really don't know if I can cope with that.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:06 am

Didn't you read Mr. A's twitter? He has confirmed that there may be a party working against us.
Time to put on those tinfoil hats.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:11 am

Dryunya wrote:Didn't you read Mr. A's twitter? He has confirmed that there may be a party working against us.
Time to put on those tinfoil hats.

Urgh... it's us. It's definitely some alternate version of us. I mean WHO ELSE could possibly be an exact match for us in every way?

You know the only problem with having a forum full of tropers is there's pretty much no way the ending of all this is going to surprise everyone. At least one or two people are gonna work it out.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:52 am

Scarab wrote:Urgh... it's us. It's definitely some alternate version of us. I mean WHO ELSE could possibly be an exact match for us in every way?

I don't think there could be a bunch of evil tropers trying to frame Holmes and Poirot - not to mention that it would require leaving their computers. :gurt:
Scarab wrote:You know the only problem with having a forum full of tropers is there's pretty much no way the ending of all this is going to surprise everyone. At least one or two people are gonna work it out.

I had some clever thought about this, but I absolutely forgot it while I was typing the first paragraph. :shock: Sorry.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Scarab wrote:Urgh... it's us. It's definitely some alternate version of us. I mean WHO ELSE could possibly be an exact match for us in every way?

I don't think there could be a bunch of evil tropers trying to frame Holmes and Poirot - not to mention that it would require leaving their computers. :gurt:
Scarab wrote:You know the only problem with having a forum full of tropers is there's pretty much no way the ending of all this is going to surprise everyone. At least one or two people are gonna work it out.

I had some clever thought about this, but I absolutely forgot it while I was typing the first paragraph. :shock: Sorry.

Thing is, as far as we know, the puppetmasters are tropers too. Meaning, they'll be able to foresee what our foresight might be and play with that, unless we consider that and try to predict the subversions to come, which they might also be able to predict and...
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Thing is, as far as we know, the puppetmasters are tropers too. Meaning, they'll be able to foresee what our foresight might be and play with that, unless we consider that and try to predict the subversions to come, which they might also be able to predict and...

WMG: The other party is puppetmasters. :shock:
No, no. There are limits to how meta it can get.
Also, if you start to think in I Know You Know I Know categories, it's probably time to renew your theories. :?
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:Thing is, as far as we know, the puppetmasters are tropers too. Meaning, they'll be able to foresee what our foresight might be and play with that, unless we consider that and try to predict the subversions to come, which they might also be able to predict and...

Also, if you start to think in I Know You Know I Know categories, it's probably time to renew your theories. :?

*Slap*

Drink.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Dryunya wrote:

Really?

I may have a problem then... I ALWAYS think like that...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:57 pm

If you start to think in I Know You Know I Know categories, it's probably time to renew your theories, unless you're Sicon.
Fixed. :D
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Dryunya wrote:If you start to think in I Know You Know I Know categories, it's probably time to renew your theories, unless you're Sicon.
Fixed. :D

Oh yay! I get an exception! Huzzah!
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] Hercule Poirot