New York, New Case

"It is the brain, the little gray cells on which one must rely. One must seek the truth within--not without."

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: New York, New Case

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:43 pm

I'mma guess there's a bomb in the cake.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Whyyyyyyyy? I haven't had any food since seven AM, and now that made me STARVING... I need to go eat something. Now.

NeverSlender wrote:I'mma guess there's a bomb in the cake.

Suddenly not so hungry anymore. Thanks for kicking in my rampant paranoia...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:53 am

Flitterbie wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:There's zero evidence suggesting the extremists are muslim. There's zero evidence to their identity at all. It could be the IRA for all we know. If you extremists and think "muslims", you need to do some research. Anyone can be an extremist.

Yeah, turns out Pyro assumed Muslims because "There is a huge rift between Americans and Muslims at the moment," which is a faulty assumption on several points.

A) He's lumping all Muslims together.
B) My previous post.

No, I am not lumping all of them, I'm just saying that it could be possible, because I know that most are innocent, maybe only a really angry one could go this far.

My theory has been proven wrong- I now think, of all the horrendous things in the world, it's a religious fanatic- a Christian.

And as for the Muslims- sorry to have offended you guys, and maybe I shouldn't have been watching Morgan Spurlock's 30 days, the episode about a Christian in Muslim Shoes....

:oops :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

http://belgianamongtheenglish.wordpress ... omment-190
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:57 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:
Flitterbie wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:There's zero evidence suggesting the extremists are muslim. There's zero evidence to their identity at all. It could be the IRA for all we know. If you extremists and think "muslims", you need to do some research. Anyone can be an extremist.

Yeah, turns out Pyro assumed Muslims because "There is a huge rift between Americans and Muslims at the moment," which is a faulty assumption on several points.

A) He's lumping all Muslims together.
B) My previous post.

No, I am not lumping all of them, I'm just saying that it could be possible, because I know that most are innocent, maybe only a really angry one could go this far.

My theory has been proven wrong- I now think, of all the horrendous things in the world, it's a religious fanatic- a Christian.

And as for the Muslims- sorry to have offended you guys, and maybe I shouldn't have been watching Morgan Spurlock's 30 days, the episode about a Christian in Muslim Shoes....

:oops :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

http://belgianamongtheenglish.wordpress ... omment-190

Please stop posting about this, I know you're trying to make it better, but you're making it worse.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:12 am

OK. (Sighs) Maybe my efforts are not needed........ ( walks away depressed)

Bye.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:13 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:OK. (Sighs) Maybe my efforts are not needed........ ( walks away depressed)

Bye.

That's not what I said. Just make sure, if you gonna post something that could be offensive, you show it to us first.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:56 am

OK, because I'm new to TV Tropes. There are a lot of things I need to learn.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:59 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:OK, because I'm new to TV Tropes. There are a lot of things I need to learn.

Hey, man. I sorta started this, and I should have known better.

In any case, let's drop the issue for now. It's likely the religion is an excuse for these actions witch are really all some big plot. Or something. I dunno, it's just a better story that way.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Yvonmukluk on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:54 pm

I've just made a couple of comments on the latest post.

The event is happening tonight, people. If there's anything to want to bring to monsieur poirot's attention, do it NOW.

I just hope he's already taken the necessary steps.

I don't want to tell him how to do his job, but considering he's attending the event, if things go wrong, he may in fact perish, and then we're in trouble.

Edit: Monsieur Poirot has responded! I'M HELPING!
Yvonmukluk

Postby Yvonmukluk on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:53 pm

It looks like the bomb was intended to arrive via cake. In approx 15 mins, the cake will arrive, according to monsieur Poirot as of writing. Of course, the police will be waiting, so hopefully all will turn out well.

Does the name 'Enrico Vespucci' mean anything to anyone? That's the name of our prime suspect. Only thing google turned up was a random facebook page, and I'm pretty sure that's not our man.
Yvonmukluk

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:55 pm

CALLED IT.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:57 pm

NeverSlender wrote:CALLED IT.

Yup! Another victory for tropers over plot twists!
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:50 pm

There is just one problem- who's got the detonator to blow the cake?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:55 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:There is just one problem- who's got the detonator to blow the cake?

Doesn't matter, it's already solved. He got arrested. The detonation method was never mentioned, but it could have been anything.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:04 am

That's over then. Another case of our little grey cells working!

And now for a angry message from me:

SCREW RELIGIOUS FANATICS!

Done.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:06 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:That's over then. Another case of our little grey cells working!

And now for a angry message from me:

SCREW RELIGIOUS FANATICS!

Done.

Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:07 am

For once, the size of one of my images is appropriate.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Yvonmukluk on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Just suggested the Monsieur Poirot might wish to consider a second meeting with Holmes, as well as suggesting one of us acting as go-between for the arrangements (After Holmes' case wraps up-he might not want to be distracted at present). I don't know if anyone is in the NY area to physically attend, but I figured I'd try and set the wheels in motion. Perhaps someone better acquainted with Mr. Holmes might be ideal.

edit:To clarify, this person would only physically attend if both participants agree.
Last edited by Yvonmukluk on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yvonmukluk

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:56 pm

Yvonmukluk wrote:Just suggested the Monsieur Poirot might wish to consider a second meeting with Holmes, as well as suggesting one of us acting as go-between for the arrangements (After Holmes' case wraps up-he might not want to be distracted at present). I don't know if anyone is in the NY area to physically attend, but I figured I'd try and set the wheels in motion. Perhaps someone better acquainted with Mr. Holmes might be ideal.

I'll see what I can do.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Yvonmukluk on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Yvonmukluk wrote:Just suggested the Monsieur Poirot might wish to consider a second meeting with Holmes, as well as suggesting one of us acting as go-between for the arrangements (After Holmes' case wraps up-he might not want to be distracted at present). I don't know if anyone is in the NY area to physically attend, but I figured I'd try and set the wheels in motion. Perhaps someone better acquainted with Mr. Holmes might be ideal.

I'll see what I can do.

Thanks. Monsieur Poirot has (as of now) not responded to my missive. Let's not jump the gun. are you able to physically attend the meeting? Assuming they want you there-but it would be good to have a peacemaker and someone who can lay out the theory of an antagonist (likely Moriarty) attempting to play them off against each other. and perhaps drawing attention to Cinderella's case.
Yvonmukluk

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:13 pm

Yvonmukluk wrote:Thanks. Monsieur Poirot has (as of now) not responded to my missive. Let's not jump the gun. are you able to physically attend the meeting? Assuming they want you there-but it would be good to have a peacemaker and someone who can lay out the theory of an antagonist (likely Moriarty) attempting to play them off against each other. and perhaps drawing attention to Cinderella's case.

No. I don't know if we have anyone in NY. I'm not bad at getting Holmes to respond to me, though, so I left a message for him. I'll post if there is some response.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Yvonmukluk on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Yvonmukluk wrote:Thanks. Monsieur Poirot has (as of now) not responded to my missive. Let's not jump the gun. are you able to physically attend the meeting? Assuming they want you there-but it would be good to have a peacemaker and someone who can lay out the theory of an antagonist (likely Moriarty) attempting to play them off against each other. and perhaps drawing attention to Cinderella's case.

No. I don't know if we have anyone in NY. I'm not bad at getting Holmes to respond to me, though, so I left a message for him. I'll post if there is some response.

Might be an idea to point him to Poirot's own response to that meeting, in that case. Perhaps-

Wait.

Wait.

Looking at Holmes' invitation he's received, it refers to a 'Pride Masquerade Ball'. You don't think that's the event Poirot is attending, by any chance? Especially since it mentions a delay due to an 'unforseen security issue'...
Yvonmukluk

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Yvonmukluk wrote:Might be an idea to point him to Poirot's own response to that meeting, in that case. Perhaps-

Wait.

Wait.

Looking at Holmes' invitation he's received, it refers to a 'Pride Masquerade Ball'. You don't think that's the event Poirot is attending, by any chance?

... [Does Not Compute]. What.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:53 pm

We're almost certain that's what it's referring to.
JackAlsworth

Postby Yvonmukluk on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:03 pm

I've just noted the connection to both of them. due to security, Holmes isn't going to be allowed in-but if Poirot vouches for him, then they can hopefully catch the guilty man.

Hopefully they can work together in the interests of justice!
Yvonmukluk

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Hercule Poirot