New York, New Case

"It is the brain, the little gray cells on which one must rely. One must seek the truth within--not without."

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: New York, New Case

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Yvonmukluk wrote:I've just noted the connection to both of them. due to security, Holmes isn't going to be allowed in-but if Poirot vouches for him, then they can hopefully catch the guilty man.

Hopefully they can work together in the interests of justice!

They have already caught him and the party is going fine. Poirot invited him to apologize, and the mangled invitation was on purpose just to give him somewhat of a challenge.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Yvonmukluk wrote:I've just noted the connection to both of them. due to security, Holmes isn't going to be allowed in-but if Poirot vouches for him, then they can hopefully catch the guilty man.

Hopefully they can work together in the interests of justice!

They have already caught him and the party is going fine. Poirot invited him to apologize, and the mangled invitation was on purpose just to give him somewhat of a challenge.

So he set up a curious challenge in the invitation to give Holmes a chance to demonstrate his skills? That's... kind of sweet, in an odd way.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Scarab wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:

So he set up a curious challenge in the invitation to give Holmes a chance to demonstrate his skills? That's... kind of sweet, in an odd way.

Yeah, but then Holmes just shoved the whole matter over for us to solve, so...
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Zup on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:03 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
Scarab wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:

Yeah, but then Holmes just shoved the whole matter over for us to solve, so...

To be fair, he's in the middle of another mystery. I guess we are all his Watson now.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Dekso on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:51 pm

It's been a couple of days since the ball was supposed to occur but no new posts from Poirot or Sherlock yet.
Maybe they won't post about it until the Layar thing is done.
Or I could just be being impatient.
Dekso

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Dekso wrote:It's been a couple of days since the ball was supposed to occur but no new posts from Poirot or Sherlock yet.
Maybe they won't post about it until the Layar thing is done.
Or I could just be being impatient.

I think it's a commbination of both. That's the only real problem with this ARG besides timezone differences... the waiting.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] Hercule Poirot