Hercule Poirot blog discussion

"It is the brain, the little gray cells on which one must rely. One must seek the truth within--not without."

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Hercule Poirot blog discussion

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:13 am

Hercule has updated once more, confirming beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is investigating Sweeney Todd. Also, did we know that Mr. A was his benefactor, is that new info?
Last edited by Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Re: Hecule Poirot blog discussion

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:27 am

Zup wrote:Also, did we know that Mr. A was his benefactor, is that new info?

WHA-!? Is there actual proof?? I missed that! WHERE!?? :shock:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:41 am

I contacted mons bienfaiteur and I asked him which case of those I had received he wished me to solve. Luckily he chose one that I found most intriguing myself. It is a case in Boston, Massachusetts, and admittedly on description it seems a relatively simple case of observation, but there is some intrigue; the call was from a psychoanalyst who claimed her patient confessed to some murders, but sadly it was in a drunken rage and he would not give such a confession before the police; nor can she, for she is bound by the promise of confidentialité. Hercule Poirot takes all his work seriously. Besides, this man has done great work for me, and I am keen to return the favor.

I typically prefer solving conventional breaches of law rather than speculating about a man’s general innocence or guilt – that is poor practice for the little gray cells – I hesitated, but this Administrator was very keen that I should investigate. C’est la vie! I am here in Boston.

Pretty clear to me at least.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:56 am

Well that's... interesting. TO TWITTER!
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:08 am

I've sommented on Poirot's blog, asking if his benefactor fits Mr. As description. I'm gonna ask Holmes about it too.

Comment on Poirot's blog awaiting moderation.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:07 am

I've commented as well.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:16 am

So if Mr. A is employing both of them, the question now is: Why didn't Mr. A want Holmes to join Poirot in investigating Todd?

When this whole thing started, I never thought it would lead to me typing that sentence. :shock:
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:19 am

Maybe he wants us to examine the echo first? If the echoes are tied to an individual character...then we need to get someone to those spots, asap!
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:21 am

narrativedilettante wrote:So if Mr. A is employing both of them, the question now is: Why didn't Mr. A want Holmes to join Poirot in investigating Todd?

When this whole thing started, I never thought it would lead to me typing that sentence. :shock:

We only know that A is Poirot's benefactor. I've left a comment on Holmes' blog which should confirm whethe he's also his.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:22 am

Zup wrote:Maybe he wants us to examine the echo first? If the echoes are tied to an individual character...then we need to get someone to those spots, asap!

Perhaps too much fictional presence in a single spot can pressure the wall into breaking faster at that point... So getting them all together would only be viable in the last moments to minimize the total pressure caused by the mass of fictionals...
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:48 am

Comment up on his blog. Could I ask someone more involved with the Sweeny investigation to explain our findings so far and why we think he is who he is to him?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:07 am

narrativedilettante wrote:So if Mr. A is employing both of them, the question now is: Why didn't Mr. A want Holmes to join Poirot in investigating Todd?

Well, the obvious answer is that he needed someone to stay behind in New York and find Cinderella. That's what we want, right?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 am

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:

Well, the obvious answer is that he needed someone to stay behind in New York and find Cinderella. That's what we want, right?

Firstly, while it's probable, we don't KNOW Mr. A is also employing Holmes.

Secondly, if he wanted Holmes to find Cinderella why didn't he just say so?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:17 am

NeverSlender wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:

Firstly, while it's probable, we don't KNOW Mr. A is also employing Holmes.

Secondly, if he wanted Holmes to find Cinderella why didn't he just say so?

Maybe they are hinting that we should have e-mailed Holmes to find Cinderella... Someone want to try that?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:19 am

I think we should try to confirm who Holmes' benefactor is first.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:23 am

NeverSlender wrote:I think we should try to confirm who Holmes' benefactor is first.

I don't think knowing Holme's benefactor is as crucial at the moment as confirming Cinderella's location. I mean, he bumped into her (Probably) twice, and he still hasn't gotten the clue. We can't miss this opportunity. I'm e-mailing him about Cinderella.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:23 am

NeverSlender wrote:I think we should try to confirm who Holmes' benefactor is first.

We should indeed so that, but I suspect we will be OK regardless of the order we do the things in. I believe we should probably get on sending him the message now so that he can get to work, but let's bring this to the Holmes discussion and discus it there.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:24 am

Sicon112 wrote:

We should indeed so that, but I suspect we will be OK regardless of the order we do the things in. I believe we should probably get on sending him the message now so that he can get to work, but let's bring this to the Holmes discussion and discus it there.

I've started, I asked Holmes if his benefactor calls himself an administrator.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:25 am

NeverSlender wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:

I've started, I asked Holmes if his benefactor calls himself an administrator.

I saw that. We should go to the Holmes discussion though.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:32 am

Commented with a description of Sweeney Todd's story. Awaiting moderation.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Dekso on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:35 pm

Wait so Poriot wasn't the one who invited Holmes then.
Who could have done it then? If it was Mr. A, ya think he could've informed of us that.
Dekso

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:49 pm

I...

I am confused. Could somebody be so kind as to summarise exactly what has just been discovered in as layman's terms a manner as possible for me? Because this sounds big, but my brain can't quite process exactly how. :?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:58 pm

Scarab wrote:I...

I am confused. Could somebody be so kind as to summarise exactly what has just been discovered in as layman's terms a manner as possible for me? Because this sounds big, but my brain can't quite process exactly how. :?

What do you mean? Holmes met Poirot in NY, they reconciled and agreed to head to Boston to work with the therapist and look after Sweeny Todd, Mr. A turned out to be Poirot's benefactor, Holmes' benefactor is probably either a Cabal member or Mr. A because he refused to allow Holmes to go to Boston with Poirot, Holmes ran across Cindy twice and will likely be searching for her soon, the Witch is now in NY, so that plot may cross with Holmes, Poirot has gone and met the therapist and started work with Sweeny, who is likely being followed by the Cabal. That summarize things?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Well, Poirot referred to "this Administrator" and seemed to be talking about the benefactor who is guiding his actions, such as procuring tickets for travel to New York. It looks like Mr. Administrator has been more directly involved than we previously thought.

Since people have speculated previously that Holmes and Poirot both had the same benefactor, we are now speculating that Mr. A is influencing both of their actions. However, we have not yet received confirmation that Mr. A is Holmes' benefactor.

Does that help? Is there a more specific question you had, or were you confused about another point entirely?
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:38 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:

Well, Poirot referred to "this Administrator" and seemed to be talking about the benefactor who is guiding his actions, such as procuring tickets for travel to New York. It looks like Mr. Administrator has been more directly involved than we previously thought.

Since people have speculated previously that Holmes and Poirot both had the same benefactor, we are now speculating that Mr. A is influencing both of their actions. However, we have not yet received confirmation that Mr. A is Holmes' benefactor.

Does that help? Is there a more specific question you had, or were you confused about another point entirely?

No, that's cleared things up for me, thank you. So we don't know at this point who Holmes benefactor is, but Poirot's is probably Mister A?

I... don't see why Mister A would want Holmes and Poirot to act against each other, if that were the case.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Hercule Poirot