Hercule Poirot blog discussion

"It is the brain, the little gray cells on which one must rely. One must seek the truth within--not without."

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: Hercule Poirot blog discussion

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Poirot would like a link to a copy of the song, I believe. Perhaps a lyric set.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 am

According to Holmes, Poirot mysteriously disappeared right before pursuing the same line of investigation that Holmes is now looking into.

This is probably not good.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:32 am

Poirot has been found.

And it looks like the two are working together now.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Also, YankeeWhite seems to have nailed the puzzle. Someone took the picture, stapled a forgery in its place, and left the tape.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:06 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:26 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:So they're now headed for Austin.

Interesting.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:35 am

He's interrogated Melissa Glaser. Who denied everything but acted suspicious.

Oh, and he's closing his blog and moving to Holmes' site. Just thought I should mention that.

While I'm here, a bit of Fridge Brilliance occurred to me about Melissa Glaser's name (and also the Jennifer Hamilton who called Lawson) : It's not just a continuity joke from the GMs, it's kinda necessary, knowing us. Because they want to tell us that this is a real-world character, while AT THE SAME TIME not wanting us to google the made-up person's name and stalk the first blog that comes up, because this character doesn't HAVE a character blog, so we'd just be being creepy. And they know we'd do it. So what's the best way to prevent us from doing so, without breaking immersion? Use a name that the vast majority of hits will be a fictional character, so there's nothing for us to stalk.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:56 am

I figured everyone realized it by now, since Don Juan has already called his fiance by the name Melissa before, but I figure there are probably people who only read parts of everything, so I'll drop this here: Melissa is Juan's apparently now ex-fiance. This confirms it, if there was any doubt even left by this point. I know I'm probably stating the obvious, but hey...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:59 am

As I noted in the chatroom, that wasn't exactly obvious for more goldfishy metaguards, myself included. Maybe we should tell our suspicions to Poirot. Having the suspect's ex-fiance to interrogate could be valuable.
(Which blog should I post it to now?)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:01 am

Good idea, Dryu. Honestly? I'd say comment to both blogs. Anyway as we've already seen, before he does switch over, it's always best to share any pertinent information with both detectives.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Blurred_9L on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:42 am

And now, the witch is after Sicon and Poirot is going to protect him.

Seriously, that was unexpected.
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby BlackWolfe on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:59 am

I have much respect for Hercule. Moreso now.
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby Dryunya on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:04 am

If Sicon suddenly disappears, we know who to blame.
And you thought that LJS looking for me was bad. :gurt:
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:40 am

Blurred_9L wrote:And now, the witch is after Sicon and Poirot is going to protect him.

Seriously, that was unexpected.

...Only Sicon could get himself under the scrutiny of the Wicked Witch of the West, if he gets turned into a kangaroo next it's all his own darn fault. :x

I strongly advise you to hide Sicon, I actually you know, perfect you with oposable thumbs. :|
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:10 am

Scarab wrote:I strongly advise you to hide Sicon, I actually you know, prefer you with oposable thumbs. :|

Well, that's not mutually exclusive with cursing... after all, how apropos would it be if she turned him into a polydactyl cat?

Note: NO ONE is turning my clone into a polydactyl cat. Unless it involves puppies, I will help to ensure that her curses don't work and her attempt to foil Sicon fails even more miserably than her last try at the same.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:06 am

Am I the only one here afraid for the Witch? I mean, how many sprinklers do you think Sicon has around his place by now? I think her fate will be better if she stops her rampage at Poirot and does not reach Sicon. His place probably looks like my Minecraft home already.

Or maybe she can bubble shield herself against water. In that case, how about a poll to decide what she should turn Sicon into? :lol:
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Adell on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:10 am

Pixelmage wrote:Am I the only one here afraid for the Witch? I mean, how many sprinklers do you think Sicon has around his place by now? I think her fate will be better if she stops her rampage at Poirot and does not reach Sicon. His place probably looks like my Minecraft home already.

Or maybe she can bubble shield herself against water. In that case, how about a poll to decide what she should turn Sicon into? :lol:

I vote reindeer; Christmas season and all. (I'm totally joking, if anyone can handle the witch's craziness I imagine it would be Sicon)
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby H22 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:11 am

Easy. Wombat, what with the 'roo thing.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Scarab on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Adell wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:Am I the only one here afraid for the Witch? I mean, how many sprinklers do you think Sicon has around his place by now? I think her fate will be better if she stops her rampage at Poirot and does not reach Sicon. His place probably looks like my Minecraft home already.

I vote reindeer; Christmas season and all. (I'm totally joking, if anyone can handle the witch's craziness I imagine it would be Sicon)

...Why am I suddenly really really glad I sucked so badly at getting her elected?

Eep, I hope she doens't go after her campaign team next O_O
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:34 pm

So yeah. He was returned. Looks like all the epic is concentrated in the Witch's thread, so move along. :geek:
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Dryunya wrote:So yeah. He was returned. Looks like all the epic is concentrated in the Witch's thread, so move along. :geek:

Oh god and it was so very much epic! :D
Scarab

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] Hercule Poirot