Raikespeare

"It is the brain, the little gray cells on which one must rely. One must seek the truth within--not without."

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Raikespeare

Postby Wysp on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:49 pm

The writer-to-be who was instrumental in giving both Poirot and Holmes their voices.

Here's my first question: where is he now?
Wysp

Re: Raikespeare

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:51 pm

A good question indeed. I have already determined that there is a good possibility that he will begin posting on one or both blogs in order to give us more info on the detective debacle, at such time as the puppetmasters determine that the plot should advance.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 pm

(Side note: his full name is James Pattison Raikes)
JackAlsworth

Postby Wysp on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Now that I think about it, he's probably being questioned by the police--being involved with not one but two suspected murderers can't look good.
Wysp

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:01 pm

And he's recent acquaintances with both suspected murderERs (edit: I speak English good). That's... quite a coincidence.
Last edited by JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackAlsworth

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:03 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:And he's recent acquaintances with both suspected murders. That's... quite a coincidence.

A very suspicious coincidence... :idea: JAMES IS MORIARTY! HAH! I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT! (OK, OK, just kidding.) :D

I really need some of those WMG hats...
Last edited by Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Wysp on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:05 pm

I considered it, but he's too young and tech-savvy. Also, he can't be Shakespeare, again too young.
Wysp

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 pm

Wysp wrote:I considered it, but he's too young and tech-savvy. Also, he can't be Shakespeare, again too young.

If you are responding to me, I was joking...
Last edited by Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Wysp on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:15 pm

I wasn't. :P
Wysp

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:37 am

JackAlsworth wrote:And he's recent acquaintances with both suspected murderERs

I've already mentioned in Hefner's thread: we missed that Raikes has never actually encountered Poirot. He wasn't, as it turns out, posting on his behalf - he just didn't log off at Widdecombe's computer.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Wysp on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:06 pm

True, but there's still a connection.

Had a eureka moment last night--Assuming our good Professor is Mooreiarty, James could easily be where he got the phone number of the Widdecombe residence. I have no problem believing that he'd be able to fake Verhaeren's voice.
Wysp

Return to [REFIC'D] Hercule Poirot