UnMasking The Cabal

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Lisovek on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Unfamiliar with the practice of establishing threads, I will try my best. There must be a forum to discuss ideas regarding just who these rufians are. To quote Zup:

Zup wrote:That's my pet theory, currently. In addition, I think that Morgana is Oberon and possibly Pyramus is the Phantom.

I concur on the latter. This seems to ring true as before Pyramus, realized the wisdom behind a pseudonym, that character had adopted the letter 'P' as a nom de plume. This may mean that, if not the Phantom, their given name may start with said letter.
P: Perhaps your secrecy is the right idea.
P: Alright, then you shall know me by the false moniker of Pyramus.

Perchance a few others have ideas they would like to share. As it stands:

Angelus: Identity Unknown
Steintiz: Professor James Moriarty (?)
Pyramus: The Phantom of the Opera (?), Romeo (?), Peter Pan (?), or Captain Hook (?)
Oberon: Morgan le Fay (?) or Mordred (?)
Last edited by Lisovek on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sacred daimons living upon the earth,
Noble spirits, protectors against evil, guardians of articulate mortals?

We'll certainly believe That.
Lisovek

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Pyramis could also be Peter Pan.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:44 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Pyramis could also be Peter Pan.

I'm considering Captain Hook to be a possibility, based purely on that website mentipning pan (we're all concentrating a lot on the phone number, and I wonder if it might be a Red herring...) Any news reports on small kids in green on trial?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Lisovek on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Duly Noted. Although it slightly baffles one's mind to think that "the Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up" is part of this shadowy group. Judging from the most recent remarks of the 'Mr Administrator' vis-à-vis the 'teacher', it may well be that it is a currently undiscovered character. I will, nonetheless, add Barrie's boy to the list.

Lisovek

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Lisovek wrote:

Duly Noted. Although it slightly baffles one's mind to think that "the Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up" is part of this shadowy group. Judging from the most recent remarks of the 'Mr Administrator' vis-à-vis the 'teacher', it may well be that it is a currently undiscovered character. I will, nonetheless, add Barrie's boy to the list.

I, personally, do not trust Mr. A, so I wouldn't take his word to heart.

Pyramus seems to be a good person, he just appears to be scared.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Lisovek on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Scarab wrote:I'm considering Captain Hook to be a possibility, based purely on that website mentipning pan (we're all concentrating a lot on the phone number, and I wonder if it might be a Red herring...) Any news reports on small kids in green on trial?

This too may be possible, but the teacher makes no mention of the Pirate Warlord, Hook.

Unlikely, but the only mention of a person in a verdant suit is this. http://japandailypress.com/car-destroyed-by-riots-heres-a-chinese-philantrophist-to-the-rescue-1215586

Lisovek

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:54 pm

One thing I noted is that all the four (mainly Angelus) are good with technology. We can take away "dumb" characters.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Lisovek wrote:Unlikely, but the only mention of a person in a verdant suit is this. http://japandailypress.com/car-destroyed-by-riots-heres-a-chinese-philantrophist-to-the-rescue-1215586

A man dressed in a lime green suit

:gurt: :gurt: :gurt:

By the way,
Lisovek wrote:I concur on the latter. This seems to ring true as before Pyramus, realized the wisdom behind a pseudonym, that character had adopted the letter 'P' as a nom de plume. This may mean that, if not the Phantom, their given name may start with said letter.
P: Perhaps your secrecy is the right idea.
P: Alright, then you shall know me by the false moniker of Pyramus.

This is quite logical. We must also note that he speaks in a dramatic manner. I'm absolutely unaware of Phantom's style - if anyone is better at it, check him on that. I'll be glad if we remove Romeo from our list - a double agent would make things too complicated.

And, by the way, the facts that Peter Pan is part of the Cabal and that they were the ones who called the therapist are mutually exclusive. I know somebody said there could have been a child's voice, but I just don't see it as one.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Dekso on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Has anyone noticed anything in the way "Angelus" speaks as it may help to work out his character but he/she gives off no real hints. Though to have called themselves "Angelus" implies that they have some knowledge in Christianity.
Dekso

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Dekso wrote:Has anyone noticed anything in the way "Angelus" speaks as it may help to work out his character but he/she gives off no real hints. Though to have called themselves "Angelus" implies that they have some knowledge in Christianity.

He seems intelligent, and hesitant to resort to violence but not unwilling. I would say he is neutral.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Dekso wrote:Has anyone noticed anything in the way "Angelus" speaks as it may help to work out his character but he/she gives off no real hints. Though to have called themselves "Angelus" implies that they have some knowledge in Christianity.

While I belive Meaningful Name is in play, "Angel" and derivations is VERY widespread. No reason for an atheist to avoid using the title if s/he thought the simbolism fit.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Pixelmage wrote:

While I belive Meaningful Name is in play, "Angel" and derivations is VERY widespread. No reason for an atheist to avoid using the title if s/he thought the simbolism fit.

Also, the fact that there's a character named that with his own series that is a spin off of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (and I highly doubt it's him) makes google-fu virtually useless on this guy :(
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby AceOfSpades on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Not jumping to any conclusions, but it could make sense that Pyramus or at least one of the Cabal is Romeo, but not by his own will. Imagine you are him, and while you can't read your own work people could probably tell you what happens to you and Juliet in the end. How would you find a way to prevent that>
An Ace is the difference between a good hand and a bust.
AceOfSpades

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:30 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:Not jumping to any conclusions, but it could make sense that Pyramus or at least one of the Cabal is Romeo, but not by his own will. Imagine you are him, and while you can't read your own work people could probably tell you what happens to you and Juliet in the end. How would you find a way to prevent that>

Only he doesn't seem to keen on the whole "I must save Julliet" thing... If he's in there to save his tail, ok. But he's not there for any heroic reasons.
Pixelmage

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:Not jumping to any conclusions, but it could make sense that Pyramus or at least one of the Cabal is Romeo, but not by his own will. Imagine you are him, and while you can't read your own work people could probably tell you what happens to you and Juliet in the end. How would you find a way to prevent that>

Only he doesn't seem to keen on the whole "I must save Julliet" thing... If he's in there to save his tail, ok. But he's not there for any heroic reasons.

He's not a hero, he's a an idiot.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:32 pm

NeverSlender wrote:He's not a hero, he's a an idiot.

That's what I meant. ;)
Pixelmage

Postby AceOfSpades on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:33 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:

He's not a hero, he's a an idiot.

He's not very bright, his actions not only caused the death of his best friend, but he murdered his brother in law in cold blood, who knows what else he could have done.
AceOfSpades

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Correction, he's a SELFISH idiot.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Goldude on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 pm

You know, trying to figure out who the Cabal is could be seen as attacking them.
1st official attempted Spanner In The Works and light in the darkness.
Goldude

Postby AceOfSpades on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:37 pm

It also could be seen as showing them Joe is not the only one threatening them so they don't single him out.
AceOfSpades

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:42 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Correction, he's a SELFISH idiot.

Yeah, which in some dialogues tranlates to 'a teenager'... no wonder he got on so well in the modern world, kid's ahead of his time. (That wasmean of me :?... I guess Romeo isn't a bad guy at heart he's just... well, as you say, he's not exactly a full box of chocolates. And he's probably also coming to grips with the fact that maybe he DOESN'T love Juliet as much as he thought he did, and really, why should he have to give everything up for somebody he's NOT crazy in love with?)

Goldude wrote:You know, trying to figure out who the Cabal is could be seen as attacking them.

True, but at the risk of sounding like an annoyed eight year old, they started it by sending violently threatening letters, by comaprison all we're doing is interested speculation.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:44 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:It also could be seen as showing them Joe is not the only one threatening them so they don't single him out.

Besides, there's a lot of us. They can't take on the masses directly. We're stronger on the offensive now than if we wait for them to set the pacing.
Pixelmage

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Scarab wrote:
Goldude wrote:You know, trying to figure out who the Cabal is could be seen as attacking them.

True, but at the risk of sounding like an annoyed eight year old, they started it by sending violently threatening letters, by comaprison all we're doing is interested speculation.

Yes, but they may not see it that way. They threatened us, but they didn't attack us. Not yet.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Lisovek on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:45 pm

By assaulting Joe, by mail and by internet violence, they have attempted to bully the entirety of us. Perhaps a demonstration of our abilities is needed now. Besides, should not we ascertain who we are dealing with in the Cabal. We as well have a Gurt Lime Man (I am not aware of who he is) upon our side.

Lisovek

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:46 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Scarab wrote:

Yes, but they may not see it that way. They threatened us, but they didn't attack us. Not yet.

What they did to the site last night can be considered an attack.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Next

Return to The Cabal