Inviting the Cabal

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Inviting the Cabal

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:
Mr. Administrator wrote:THIS "CABAL" IS SELFISH. WE HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE THEIR VERY PRESENCE DESTABILIZES REALITY, AS RECENT DISCOVERIES SUCH AS THE ECHOES SEEM TO INDICATE. THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO JEOPARDIZE YOUR REALITY FOR THEIR OWN COMFORT.

WE DO NOT CARE WHETHER YOU TRUST US. WE WOULD ADVISE, HOWEVER, THAT YOU DO NOT TRUST THEM.

Can you tell us how their presence destabilises reality?

THE ECHOES CHARACTERS LEAVE BEHIND ARE TRACES OF YOUR REALITY BEING INFILTRATED BY FICTION. THEY ARE TEARS IN THE FABRIC OF REALITY, SIMILAR TO THE CRACKS IN THE WALL. OUR RESEARCH INDICATES THAT REALITY COULD, DUE TO THESE RIPS, UNRAVEL.

OUR RESEARCH IS ADMITTEDLY INCOMPLETE, BUT WE HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT SENDING THE CHARACTERS BACK THROUGH THESE TEARS WOULD CLOSE THEM. WE ARE REASONABLY ASSURED THAT A BREAKTHROUGH AS TO THE MECHANISM FOR SENDING THEM BACK IS CLOSE AT HAND.

For something as inportant as this should you not complete your research to be sure?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:35 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Mr. Administrator wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:
Can you tell us how their presence destabilises reality?

THE ECHOES CHARACTERS LEAVE BEHIND ARE TRACES OF YOUR REALITY BEING INFILTRATED BY FICTION. THEY ARE TEARS IN THE FABRIC OF REALITY, SIMILAR TO THE CRACKS IN THE WALL. OUR RESEARCH INDICATES THAT REALITY COULD, DUE TO THESE RIPS, UNRAVEL.

OUR RESEARCH IS ADMITTEDLY INCOMPLETE, BUT WE HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT SENDING THE CHARACTERS BACK THROUGH THESE TEARS WOULD CLOSE THEM. WE ARE REASONABLY ASSURED THAT A BREAKTHROUGH AS TO THE MECHANISM FOR SENDING THEM BACK IS CLOSE AT HAND.

For something as inportant as this should you not complete your research to be sure?

I'm sure research is ongoing, but that sort of stuff takes time. And if the fabrics of reality is indeed unraveling, we don't have the time to wait for the research to be complete to take action.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Mr. Administrator on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:36 pm

INDEED. WE ARE CONTINUALLY COLLECTING DATA. THEORIES ARE NEVER PROVEN "TRUE," THEY CAN ONLY AMASS OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE. THIS ONE IS TRENDING IN THAT DIRECTION.
Mr. Administrator

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:38 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:INDEED. WE ARE CONTINUALLY COLLECTING DATA. THEORIES ARE NEVER PROVEN "TRUE," THEY CAN ONLY AMASS OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE. THIS ONE IS TRENDING IN THAT DIRECTION.

Mr. Administrator, in your latest video you state you hold all the pieces of the wall. How did the wall crack?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:INDEED. WE ARE CONTINUALLY COLLECTING DATA. THEORIES ARE NEVER PROVEN "TRUE," THEY CAN ONLY AMASS OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE. THIS ONE IS TRENDING IN THAT DIRECTION.

But could there be another way besides sending them back? Is there another possible way out here that would benefit everyone (except perhaps, those who act maliciously or threaten others)?

NeverSlender wrote:Mr. Administrator, in your latest video you state you hold all the pieces of the wall. How did the wall crack?

Yeah, what NeverSlender said.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Scarab wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Mr. Administrator, in your latest video you state you hold all the pieces of the wall. How did the wall crack?
Yeah, what NeverSlender said.

This, and does that mean the wall will be sealed shut once the characters get back?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:39 pm

I can't find it now, but I think it was Pixel who said the cube on the comic cover could be a "piece" of the wall. If that's true then Mr. Administrator does not hold all the pieces.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:48 pm

NeverSlender wrote:I can't find it now, but I think it was Pixel who said the cube on the comic cover could be a "piece" of the wall. If that's true then Mr. Administrator does not hold all the pieces.

Found it for you:
Pixelmage wrote:Actually, It could be a fragment of the Wall. Particle dynamics... Nah think water:
If I take a cup out, the surrounding water would flow in to fill the space. The overall volume is reduced.

Now, assuming the Wall is dynamic: It has to be, otherwise we couldn't place things on the other side by writing fiction, and we couldn't see the other side by reading.

If you take a block out, the rest of the wall collapses to fill the gap. Reducing the volume of the Wall. since we assume the wall to be a solid construct, this "flow in" would create cracks around the, now filled, gap. The effect would then repeat itself in the bigger cracks to create more cracks. The process repeats untill the wall is stable at a new level. Which in this case may mean free pass to any and all fictionals.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Thanks, I think it could be a wall piece on the cover.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Wysp on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:07 pm

...How do I manage to be offline long enough to miss the most important thing to happen to date? ><

I agree with Sicon on this: While they have sympathetic motives, they've gone beyond the pale in their hacking. That's not the way to get your message across (little history: a site I used to frequent was hacked by someone--either a troll or a crusader--who claimed to be trying to expose Admin corruption. The site is very Big Brother about that sort of thing, but I've gleaned enough information to know that the hacker's accusations were, in fact, true. If he was a crusader, his motives were understandable, but hacking the site was beyond the pale. You can see why I am making parallels here.)

P.S. @Mr. A: You keep mentioning your "RESEARCH." Would you be interested in divulging any of it to us? It would shore up your support, I think, and damage any pro-Cabal sentiments that might be forming.
Wysp

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:11 pm

Wysp wrote:...How do I manage to be offline long enough to miss the most important thing to happen to date? ><

I agree with Sicon on this: While they have sympathetic motives, they've gone beyond the pale in their hacking. That's not the way to get your message across (little history: a site I used to frequent was hacked by someone--either a troll or a crusader--who claimed to be trying to expose Admin corruption. The site is very Big Brother about that sort of thing, but I've gleaned enough information to know that the hacker's accusations were, in fact, true. If he was a crusader, his motives were understandable, but hacking the site was beyond the pale. You can see why I am making parallels here.)

Yeah, that's one of several angles we've discussed over the last few hours. And that hacker you were talking about never actively sent threatening letters, I'm willing to bet. Do their intended ends justify their means or not? Depends on what you think their goals are. They all appear to be slightly differing in their attitude towards what should be done, just as we are.

Still we were already discussing whether or not sending them back was the only option and I think it's wise for us to keep considering all possibilities while we still have the chance to do so. There are at least SOME fictionals around who are perfectly good people and would have good reason not to want to return.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Inukai44 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:53 pm

They say and I quote "We just want to stay. We want all of us to stay." would'nt that mean they would include the more dangerous ones? I mean good lord we already have a serial killer here! I don't think we shouldn't let them stay here. Because what if an Eldritch Abomination breaks through the cracks?
Inukai44

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Inukai44 wrote:They say and I quote "We just want to stay. We want all of us to stay." would'nt that mean they would include the more dangerous ones? I mean good lord we already have a serial killer here! I don't think we shouldn't let them stay here. Because what if an Eldritch Abomination breaks through the cracks?

What if one already has?
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Inukai44 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Then getting them back in will be harder.
Inukai44

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:59 pm

Zup wrote:What if one already has?

Oh don't say that. This is a troperific scenario, don't jinx it!
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:04 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Zup wrote:What if one already has?

Oh don't say that. This is a troperific scenario, don't jinx it!

I suspect it's too late for that, it was probably jinxed long, loooong ago. if you see anything in the news about strange and unidentifed sea life rising from the oceans, panic.
Scarab

Postby Inukai44 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Or just scream out "ALL HAIL CTHULU!" :lol:
Inukai44

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Inukai44 wrote:Or just scream out "ALL HAIL CTHULU!" :lol:

As the Former/Current Bride of Cthulhu, I am torn between feeling pride for this statement and absolute horror.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Mr. Administrator on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:16 pm

DUE TO REPORTS THAT WE WERE NOT ANSWERING ENOUGH QUESTIONS, WE DID AN AMA. THE RESULTS ARE IN OUR TWITTER.

TWITTER, HOWEVER, INSISTS THAT WE ANSWERED TOO MANY QUESTIONS:

Screen shot 2012-10-16 at 5.05.48 PM.png
WE WILL SPURN THE FOOL WHO CODED THIS WARNING MESSAGE.
Screen shot 2012-10-16 at 5.05.48 PM.png (14.54 KiB) Viewed 7566 times

THEREFORE, BE ASSURED THAT THE REST WILL BE ANSWERED IN 24 HOURS.

HOPEFULLY THIS ADDRESSES YOUR CONCERNS.
Mr. Administrator

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:19 pm

I sent more questions than you answered, combined. How come I didn't get that message? :|

Thank you for your honesty, though. It was informative and fun. Unless you were lying, in which case we'll murder your ass. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Inukai44 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Thanks for telling us Mr.A
Inukai44

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:DUE TO REPORTS THAT WE WERE NOT ANSWERING ENOUGH QUESTIONS, WE DID AN AMA. THE RESULTS ARE IN OUR TWITTER.

TWITTER, HOWEVER, INSISTS THAT WE ANSWERED TOO MANY QUESTIONS:

Screen shot 2012-10-16 at 5.05.48 PM.png

THEREFORE, BE ASSURED THAT THE REST WILL BE ANSWERED IN 24 HOURS.

HOPEFULLY THIS ADDRESSES YOUR CONCERNS.

Well thanks, we appreciate it Mister A. Looks like twitter is on the side of the Cabal though... :shock:
Scarab

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Well, it was fun, and informative.

Any one more willing to trust Mr. A?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Inukai44 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:23 pm

I am...for now
Inukai44

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:28 pm

I think we should archive all this extended session somewhere. It is a pain to piece it together on twitter, and it's a valuable piece of EC canon. Now I know that if you pee in the void, it will fall endlessly, and that Mr. Administrator is naked all the time. Make me unsee it.

Since I'm going to review it later, I can get on with it... If you tell me where to store it.
Dryunya

PreviousNext

Return to The Cabal