Campaign Management Plotting

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: Campaign Management Plotting

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:35 am

Crewe wrote:I posted the "Go West Go Evil" poster on Facebook.

Should I screen cap that or something? Are we sending these to the witch?

I've emailed her a couple of the images and the voting slip just now. Feel free to send more yourself.

And a facebook page would be pretty cool, I think. :)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:33 am

Greyscale wrote:Hey guys. Coming out of the lurky shadows to show the Witch that I'm helping the cause!

By voting for her. Literally.

Are the elections already in progress? I don't know how it works. :?

Also, extensive Meta-Knighting there, guys. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:02 am

Dryunya wrote:
Greyscale wrote:Hey guys. Coming out of the lurky shadows to show the Witch that I'm helping the cause!

By voting for her. Literally.

Are the elections already in progress? I don't know how it works. :?

Also, extensive Meta-Knighting there, guys. :gurt:

If you vote by mail, you get your ballot early so that you have time to fill it out and mail it in. And polls are already open in some locations. But most of the voting will take place on November 6th.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:54 pm

I put the trope page for The Emerald Party in the politics index.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:05 pm

All right. Considering that our enthusiasm over the campaign has shriveled up, I think we need to discuss our actions again.
Meta-wise: what is our course of action, considering that most of us are either too lazy or too afraid to hang a poster (I still haven't hung mine :( )? And to drive the point home, we are almost certainly doomed to fail anyway, AND that's where the plot is going.

I'd sum up my position this way: I'm not doing what I promised her to do, because I think the end result is going to be the same, and I feel guity about it. Yes, I feel guilty towards an Obviously Evil nonexistent persona. What? :oops:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Dryunya wrote:All right. Considering that our enthusiasm over the campaign has shriveled up, I think we need to discuss our actions again.
Meta-wise: what is our course of action, considering that most of us are either too lazy or too afraid to hang a poster (I still haven't hung mine :( )? And to drive the point home, we are almost certainly doomed to fail anyway, AND that's where the plot is going.

I'd sum up my position this way: I'm not doing what I promised her to do, because I think the end result is going to be the same, and I feel guity about it. Yes, I feel guilty towards an Obviously Evil nonexistent persona. What? :oops:

Yeah well I feel much the same way right now, damned morality, making me feel guilty...

But okay, viral campaigning seems like it was the right idea from the start. We DO have some posters getting out there and I starteda tv tropes page but basically, we need to start spreading via websites now. And we are somewhat limited by the fact that they have to be websites tht will NOT metaphorically disembowel us and use our heads as drinking cups.

What websites do we have that we can advertise on?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Victin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Scarab wrote:
Dryunya wrote:All right. Considering that our enthusiasm over the campaign has shriveled up, I think we need to discuss our actions again.

Yeah well I feel much the same way right now, damned morality, making me feel guilty...

But okay, viral campaigning seems like it was the right idea from the start. We DO have some posters getting out there and I starteda tv tropes page but basically, we need to start spreading via websites now. And we are somewhat limited by the fact that they have to be websites tht will NOT metaphorically disembowel us and use our heads as drinking cups.

TVTropes.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Dekso on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Scarab wrote:

We could use twitter, like the Echo Finder account was set up on there.
Dekso

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Dekso wrote:
Scarab wrote:

We could use twitter, like the Echo Finder account was set up on there.

Twitter is a good one, I'd also like to advise deviantart. I can actually place adverts on deviantart whereas I don't have a twitter. I'll start by running up an advert on my deviantart account. Anybody got a twitter who'd be willing to add to this?
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Wait... How does one advertise on Twitter? :|
Dryunya

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Dryunya wrote:Wait... How does one advertise on Twitter? :|

Hash tags? #shrug #idunno
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:38 pm

Well... I think we'll be banned for spam before we make a dent in the trends. Doesn't hurt to try, of course. :?
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Dryunya wrote:Well... I think we'll be banned for spam before we make a dent in the trends. Doesn't hurt to try, of course. :?

What will it be?
#VoteWitchForWizard #WacthTheFootage.com ?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:04 pm

lol, you can pay to promote a tweet. I have no idea how much that costs. probably a lot =P
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:07 am

Retweets alone could spread a message though, I've seen up to fifty or even a hundred retweets on a single poster if you advertise in theright place. I'd ask anybody who has a twitter to upload their chosen version of the posted ASAP.

What about tumblr? Anybody got one of those?
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:41 am

I don't.
(Not really a helpful post. -_-)
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:44 am

Dryunya wrote:I don't.
(Not really a helpful post. -_-)

Me neither. Yeah I know the feeling ._.
Well surely ONE of us must do... or possible a friend. I may see if any of my friends are willing to retweet or something
Scarab

Postby Tyltalis on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:11 am

I have a Tumblr, I can do some more posting. Also, I may start posting more flyers this week.
Tyltalis

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:14 am

Tyltalis wrote:I have a Tumblr, I can do some more posting. Also, I may start posting more flyers this week.

That's great Tyltalis, thanks. I will also try and do the same. I'm at least going to advertise on deviantart.
Scarab

Postby Tyltalis on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:53 pm

You're welcome. So, I've posted one of the posters on my Tumblr. How do we advertise on Deviant Art though? I have one too so I'd like to help with that. And also, I habded out more flyers. Lots of good reception, she should come to Colorado :lol: . So yeah, now I got people to hang the posters up for me. :)
Tyltalis

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Tyltalis wrote:You're welcome. So, I've posted one of the posters on my Tumblr. How do we advertise on Deviant Art though? I have one too so I'd like to help with that. And also, I habded out more flyers. Lots of good reception, she should come to Colorado :lol: . So yeah, now I got people to hang the posters up for me. :)

I have an account on deviantart, I'll upload it as soon as I'm done with this Sherlock Holmes Letter thing.
Scarab

Postby Tyltalis on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Sounds good. Could you send me a link to it when you do so that I can journal about it?
Tyltalis

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Tyltalis wrote:Sounds good. Could you send me a link to it when you do so that I can journal about it?

http://scarabdynasty1.deviantart.com/jo ... -333824561

Incidentally it seems we have an ADVERT on deviantart... it popped up when I first accessed the page to make that post. It said "Restore Reality with your Art" and it had Mister A's face there...

I didn't know we had adverts there O_o
Scarab

Postby Tyltalis on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:25 pm

Thank you very much, I'll be sure to spread the words all around.
And yes, I noticed that too! I had never seen it before....
Tyltalis

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch