Hercule Poirot blog discussion

"It is the brain, the little gray cells on which one must rely. One must seek the truth within--not without."

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: Hecule Poirot blog discussion

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:39 pm

I've just noticed this topic has Hecule, not Hercule in the title.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Scarab wrote:
narrativedilettante wrote:
Scarab wrote:I...

I am confused. Could somebody be so kind as to summarise exactly what has just been discovered in as layman's terms a manner as possible for me? Because this sounds big, but my brain can't quite process exactly how. :?

Well, Poirot referred to "this Administrator" and seemed to be talking about the benefactor who is guiding his actions, such as procuring tickets for travel to New York. It looks like Mr. Administrator has been more directly involved than we previously thought.

Since people have speculated previously that Holmes and Poirot both had the same benefactor, we are now speculating that Mr. A is influencing both of their actions. However, we have not yet received confirmation that Mr. A is Holmes' benefactor.

Does that help? Is there a more specific question you had, or were you confused about another point entirely?

No, that's cleared things up for me, thank you. So we don't know at this point who Holmes benefactor is, but Poirot's is probably Mister A?

I... don't see why Mister A would want Holmes and Poirot to act against each other, if that were the case.

It may be that Mr. A wants Holmes to find Cindarella, or stay close to the hotel because the echo there is connected to him. But that's all conjecture.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Zup wrote:It may be that Mr. A wants Holmes to find Cindarella, or stay close to the hotel because the echo there is connected to him. But that's all conjecture.

Yeah, I guess he could just have other perfectly rational intentions here and wants to kill two birds with one stone. Holmes and Poirot working together is badass and all, but it kind of halves their productivity.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Scarab wrote:
Zup wrote:It may be that Mr. A wants Holmes to find Cindarella, or stay close to the hotel because the echo there is connected to him. But that's all conjecture.

Yeah, I guess he could just have other perfectly rational intentions here and wants to kill two birds with one stone. Holmes and Poirot working together is badass and all, but it kind of halves their productivity.

I don't think them working together would decrease productivity. Two brains are better than one.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Scarab wrote:No, that's cleared things up for me, thank you. So we don't know at this point who Holmes benefactor is, but Poirot's is probably Mister A?

I... don't see why Mister A would want Holmes and Poirot to act against each other, if that were the case.

I agree that it seems odd for A to split them up, which is why my first thought was that Holmes was working for one of the Cabal. However, A could just want someone in NY to find Cindy and keep an eye on her, while also wanting someone to support the therapist in Boston.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:48 pm

NeverSlender wrote:I've just noticed this topic has Hecule, not Hercule in the title.

No it doesn't. :P 8-) :|
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Zup wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:I've just noticed this topic has Hecule, not Hercule in the title.

The proof is still in existence. You would need to edit the subject line of everyone's messages to remove it totally. Just saying.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:56 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Zup wrote:

The proof is still in existence. You would need to edit the subject line of everyone's messages to remove it totally. Just saying.

Quiet, you! :cry:
Zup
Meta-Knight

Re: Hercule Poirot blog discussion

Postby Crewe on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Is it worth a shot just straight up asking Mr. A if he's Holmes' benefactor?
Crewe

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Crewe wrote:Is it worth a shot just straight up asking Mr. A if he's Holmes' benefactor?

Maybe. Maybe.

However only if he's in a chatty mood.

And he doesn't really answer all the time, but give it a shot or two.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Crewe on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:23 pm

Okay, I'll ask.
Crewe

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:34 pm

New post.

He's determined that BB is the fictional Sweeney Todd. He's not yet sure what he's going to say to the therapist.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:40 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:New post.

He's determined that BB is the fictional Sweeney Todd. He's not yet sure what he's going to say to the therapist.

Responded. Let's see if a character actually pays attention to my warnings FOR ONCE.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby TheJester on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:40 am

narrativedilettante wrote:New post.

BeyondCoMpReHeNsIoN (Or however you spell it) is the one talking about guts when he is behind a computer talking anonymously XD
TheJester

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:45 pm

The plot thickens

I'm going to transcribe the audio he links at some point, just in case someone can't open the file. (Now that I've said that someone else is going to do it first...)

EDIT: And of course he's speaking some French. I'm going to need help with some of the words for sure.
JackAlsworth

Postby Victin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:48 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:The plot thickens

I'm going to transcribe the audio he links at some point, just in case someone can't open the file. (Now that I've said that someone else is going to do it first...)

The file is downloading. It seems that it wll take 20 minutes for me.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Here's the transcript of approximately the first 2 minutes:

Hercule Poirot, log dot nineteen October, 4:00 in the afternoon. I speak English for the courtesy of Mr. Administrator. The [sounds like he’s saying “soujé”] is Benjamin Barker, […?] of a modern psychoanalyst of some kind. The [“soujé”] lives in a [struggles with the word “co-op”]… *scoffs* He lives in a cooperative on the outskirts of Boston. As I speak, I have entered into the “coop”… The [“soujé”] is not in the building, I am observing his belongings in his… er, it is not a room; it is a [possible?] bunk bed. It is rather sparse, I will admit. Everything is terribly old-fashioned, yet this man is in his thirties, which is strange. My […?] has a [mantle?]. It has a pocket-sized portrait of a young woman, beautiful […?], lovely choice. Another… sister? Too old to be a daughter, I imagine… Hmmm… below it is a note envelope. This is strange… it is written in old pen with a broken wax seal. […?], it ought to be an historical document, but it is not yellowed or worn as such. The paper seems to be no more than fifteen or twenty years old… Perhaps… hmmm, in here… There is a leather pouch, I open it, and I review a collection of… old fashioned razor blades. Hmmm… there is one blade missing from the pouch… I wonder if he has it.

(I know there are some words missing, I hate working around his accent)

EDIT: Moving the audio log discussion to a separate thread.
JackAlsworth

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Can't download it right now... I'll have to wait to listen to it tomorrow... :(
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:51 pm

Todd is following Poirot's blog

(unless it's a troll. but i really don't think it is)
JackAlsworth

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Oh, God.

barkingmad wrote:And I have been contacted again…

...What's the betting that whoever contacted him (at least twice, too), is not part of a certain villainous foursome of our acquaintance?
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:44 am

To be honest, I'm not sure how the Cabal can benefit from that. Sweeney knows that he's not from that time, and thus can't find his wife here. That means he will want to go back when told the truth (if he accepts it, or course). And if the Cabal gets in his way, they may get gruesomely murdered. I'm pretty sure they know that, and if they are still going to try to manipulate him, I'd like to know how.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:12 am

Dryunya wrote:To be honest, I'm not sure how the Cabal can benefit from that. Sweeney knows that he's not from that time, and thus can't find his wife here. That means he will want to go back when told the truth (if he accepts it, or course). And if the Cabal gets in his way, they may get gruesomely murdered. I'm pretty sure they know that, and if they are still going to try to manipulate him, I'd like to know how.

My guess is they'll try to get Sweeney to kill Poirot before he can prove that Sweeney's wife is still alive.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:33 am

And if they can convince him that his wife is dead, he'll probably want to stay here.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:14 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:
Dryunya wrote:To be honest, I'm not sure how the Cabal can benefit from that. Sweeney knows that he's not from that time, and thus can't find his wife here. That means he will want to go back when told the truth (if he accepts it, or course). And if the Cabal gets in his way, they may get gruesomely murdered. I'm pretty sure they know that, and if they are still going to try to manipulate him, I'd like to know how.

My guess is they'll try to get Sweeney to kill Poirot before he can prove that Sweeney's wife is still alive.

How IS Sweeny's wife alive anyway? Was it never clear in the original story?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:31 pm

Well, even if she's not, we can try to convince him that we can send him to where she is alive and happy.
We've promised it so many times now that I'll be pissed if it turns out to be impossible. :|
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Hercule Poirot