Tara Coulson's case

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Tara Coulson's case

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:20 pm

I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: Tara Coulson's case

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Considering that most of the discussion takes place in the chatroom (I don't approve, as it's more difficult to archive), I'll put it here: Sicon's theory is that the weapon may have been an air pistol - it would explain both the wound and the lack of gunshot sound.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:35 pm

Dryunya wrote:Considering that most of the discussion takes place in the chatroom (I don't approve, as it's more difficult to archive), I'll put it here: Sicon's theory is that the weapon may have been an air pistol - it would explain both the wound and the lack of gunshot sound.

Unfortunately, my search algorithms aren't coming up with much and I need to run. An air pistol that fires rifle rounds isn't the most common thing in the world. I'm thinking a custom job.

Anyhow, the murder weapon can be shelved for a bit while we consider other aspects. I suggested trying to get Mr. A to get us the phone number through his powers as admin of everything.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:39 pm

Also, Holmes has agreed that he could use *69 to get the last number. He still can't check the apartment, the police is there. I'm still sceptical about Mr. A's involvement.
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:42 pm

Yeah, Mr. A is not exactly a technological wizard. He still can't fix the caps lock key on his keyboard.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:44 pm

Another point to carry over from the chatroom:
Despite what Holmes said, Tara may not have had those moments of consciousness. The perpetrator may have written "lover" with Tara's finger, and we'd have no way to tell.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:06 pm

As I said, she may have had a moment, as her wound was shallow. The writing could still be faked, though.
Dryunya

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:14 pm

Holmes seems convinced that LOVER is the first part of LOVEROSE, but it's likely that it actually is just the word lover.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:41 pm

OK, so as to what you were saying before I kicked you all out of the chat:

I've already sent a message to Holmes a while back, telling him to look for the service provider for Tara's landline. Let's see, we know the approximate location of the apartment due to Quixote asking for directions. It is near the Woodland Park Zoo. What company provides phone service to that place? We can give the name to Holmes.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:46 pm

A phone company's not just going to hand a random person somebody's phone records, especially if there's a murder investigation going on. But now that Holmes had his investigator's license, I suppose he could make it work.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:47 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:A phone company's not just going to hand a random person somebody's phone records, especially if there's a murder investigation going on. But now that Holmes had his investigator's license, I suppose he could make it work.

Exactly. That is why we need to find the phone provider for that section of Seattle.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:50 pm

I honestly don't think there's any rush to get the number. When Holmes gets the ability to return to the apartment, he'll dial the telephone code and speak to the person on the other end directly. There's no real time limit. This isn't a real phone. If the plot wanted us to get the number, then it won't allow it to get lost due to some accident of somebody calling it.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Tohrinha on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:52 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Exactly. That is why we need to find the phone provider for that section of Seattle.

Small problem with that. I can't find any Bosworth Road in Seattle. So at this point, we can't find the area of Seattle from our end. Holmes might still be able to.
EDIT: There's a Bosworth Road in Snohomish, about 50 km north of Seattle. But I still don't think we can track down the service provider from our end.
Last edited by Tohrinha on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:52 pm

Ithink we should probably just wait until we can get Holmes back in there... although perhaps the police would have already inspected the lines, at that point? Surely they too would be interested in who called her?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:54 pm

I suggested (on Holmes' blog) asking Mrs. Loverose for the phone service provider information; if she's innocent, she'll probably be happy to comply in the hopes of clearing her name.

If she DOESN'T comply... I tried to search, but there's no obvious way of finding the service provider for a specific area. Our best bet is getting her actual number, then running searches on THAT to see what comes up.

Which means: Anyone/everyone with Twitter, please ask Don (TACTFULLY-- remember, he's still shellshocked) for Tara's phone number, to help catch her killers. Remember, this is EXTREMELY TIME-SENSITIVE (and don't let him call the number, of course!).

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:56 pm

But we DO know where it is, even though the street and building are fiction. It's right near Woodland park, remember? I just said that not five minutes ago.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:06 pm

The zip code for that area is 98103.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:15 pm

Sicon112 wrote:But we DO know where it is, even though the street and building are fiction. It's right near Woodland park, remember? I just said that not five minutes ago.

Usually, phone service providers are not area-specific; any given building could choose from a number of different providers. So the only way to know the service provider is either get it straight from Mrs. Lovelace, or do some digging on the actual number.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:23 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:But we DO know where it is, even though the street and building are fiction. It's right near Woodland park, remember? I just said that not five minutes ago.

Usually, phone service providers are not area-specific; any given building could choose from a number of different providers. So the only way to know the service provider is either get it straight from Mrs. Lovelace, or do some digging on the actual number.

Yeah. I'm just using what I got.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:24 pm

A little bit of Googling has led me to believe that there are indeed multiple phone service providers for that area.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:26 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:A little bit of Googling has led me to believe that there are indeed multiple phone service providers for that area.

That doesn't surprise me, what kind of town or city would have only ONE service provider? it'd have to be pretty small and Seattle is NOT small. I reckon waiting on Holmes may be the only thing we can do.

Regarding the weapon... alright, we're sure it was a rifle bullet, and that it was probably fired from a modified gun... Could the Cabal really be invovled with this? Who amongst them would be able to modify weapons? Moriarty, perhaps? Modern weapons wont be quite what he's used to... Or could they have hired an assassin to do it for them? That wouldn't be uncommon.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Guyshane on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:49 pm

Scarab wrote:
narrativedilettante wrote:A little bit of Googling has led me to believe that there are indeed multiple phone service providers for that area.

That doesn't surprise me, what kind of town or city would have only ONE service provider? it'd have to be pretty small and Seattle is NOT small. I reckon waiting on Holmes may be the only thing we can do.

Regarding the weapon... alright, we're sure it was a rifle bullet, and that it was probably fired from a modified gun... Could the Cabal really be invovled with this? Who amongst them would be able to modify weapons? Moriarty, perhaps? Modern weapons wont be quite what he's used to... Or could they have hired an assassin to do it for them? That wouldn't be uncommon.

Whether the gun was a custom job or not is important to. If it was a custom we can find them really quickly
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:53 pm

Guyshane wrote:
Scarab wrote:

Whether the gun was a custom job or not is important to. If it was a custom we can find them really quickly

Not only that. Was it a fictite or a real person who made the gun? That's an important question.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Inukai44 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:31 pm

I actually live like 20 to 30 minutes away from the woodland park zoo but its pouring rain here :|
Inukai44

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:32 am

Well according to the Cabal's pheeble it wasn't them... unless it was one of them and they aren't being honest with the others but... no, I don't think that's the case. I think they're as in the dark about this as we are (although just in case you're reading this, Cabal, then if you're GONNA send a guy nearly a hundred letters some of which threaten his life please DON'T be surprised when you're the first bloody suspects for another murder which is connected to all of this. Logic, ya know? :| )

Inukai44 wrote:I actually live like 20 to 30 minutes away from the woodland park zoo but its pouring rain here :|

I... don't suppose it's possible to get there? It's just that if this WAS done by a ficitonal... wouldn't there be an ECHO there?
Scarab

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes