Deanna's plan

"Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind."

[Refictionalized 12 Dec 2012]

Re: Deanna's plan

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Ok. I don't really know what to do, so I'll, as usual, think aloud.

Deanna's plan hinges on 2 assumptions:
  1. The calamity will destroy reality and create a blank slate (with fiction all over it).
  2. She will be the sole survivor of that event.

She said she made some tests to check if the tropes leaked through. If she could perform the experiments on reality, then Mr. A sure can. We must ask him everything he can tell.

She is trying to make everything unfold like a story. The problem with that is - there are tons of tropes for either outcome. She said Brad's death will kickstart her plan. I don't know how, and, considering that he left Quixote alone, I believe that he WILL die - Villains Act, Heroes React.
Wait. You know what? We should leave the question about her accessing the Void for later (even though Zack would totally fit this plotline). Her first phase is to kill everyone who knows about the incident - that means us. If we consider that she can kill us all, how would she do it?
(Or considering that she believes that the wall's collapse will kill us all, maybe that is the answer to that question.)

Railroading kill me at this point. :evil: All we can is predict the outcome. So, my guess is that Brad will die. :( Unless her entire plotline is a Red Herring, and the actual villains are the Cabal after all, in which case she dies or get arrested tonight. Quixote's fate, though, is undefined. Even though Mr. A said corpses can be refictionalized, I find that outcome unlikely.

Krika wrote:Deanna was a fake name Jen used, and that we basically all call her out of habit at this point.

I agree. I only call her Deanna because that gives me the opportunity to call her Deanna Who from time to time. Maybe we should come up with a nickname that involves Jennifer. :)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Dryunya wrote:Ok. I don't really know what to do, so I'll, as usual, think aloud.

Deanna's plan hinges on 2 assumptions:
  1. The calamity will destroy reality and create a blank slate (with fiction all over it).
  2. She will be the sole survivor of that event.

She said she made some tests to check if the tropes leaked through. If she could perform the experiments on reality, then Mr. A sure can. We must ask him everything he can tell.

She is trying to make everything unfold like a story. The problem with that is - there are tons of tropes for either outcome. She said Brad's death will kickstart her plan (and, considering that he left Quixote alone, I believe that her WILL die - Villains Act, Heroes React). I don't know how.
Wait. You know what? We should leave the question about her accessing the Void for later (even though Zack would totally fit this plotline). Her first phase is to kill everyone who knows about the incident - that means us. If we consider that she can kill us all, how would she do it?
(Or considering that she believes that the wall's collapse will kill us all, maybe that is the answer to that question.)

Railroading kill me at this point. :evil: All we can is predict the outcome. So, my guess is that Brad will die. :( Unless her entire plotline is a Red Herring, and the actual villains are the Cabal after all, in which case she dies or get arrested tonight. Quixote's fate, though, is undefined. Even though Mr. A said corpses can be refictionalized, I find that outcome unlikely.

Krika wrote:Deanna was a fake name Jen used, and that we basically all call her out of habit at this point.

I agree. I only call her Deanna because that gives me the opportunity to call her Deanna Who from time to time. Maybe we should come up with a nickname that involves Jennifer. :)

She doesn't need to destroy reality, she just needs to have Fictional rules in Reality, so she can controls it.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:36 pm

IslaKariese wrote:...oh. I really am out of the loop. Came in just in time to get the shitpiss scared out of me, it seems.

*Hugs you* Welcome to my LIFE, Issy >.>
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Ok. We need to predict her actions. For meta reasons, she won't kill us, so let's examine step 2. She must get into the Void.
Again, for meta reasons, I'm discounting Zack for now. So far, we've been led to believe that EC is not directly related, so she will have to find some other way. Maybe we should think how Zack got there, and how she can replicate it. Mr. A is not being very cooperative.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Dryunya wrote:

How about Jennifer Who? Really, the only reason we call her Deanna Who was because I was messing around with Quixote's mind for a day. You could literally put the word who after any name and it'll make just as much sense.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:07 pm

That just doesn't cut it. I don't know why. Maybe it's a force of habit.

Now. There's one thing we forgot - the Tinfoil Hat Guy's mysterious "lead" on Mr. A. He says that he'll find him in time. Translation: "he will totally appear when the plot calls for it". So far, we have to wait. And don't forget to refresh his tab every now and then.

Now, about Zack. Mr. A said "DISTRACTIONS" after I asked about him, but it was a reply to my other question, where it doesn't seem to make sense - now clarifying it. However, Zack's father was involved, so who knows.

... And just now, he dismissed my question about Deanna's steps to get into the void as "IRRELEVANT", and said that Mark is probably not going to "resurface". I'm not surprised about the latter, but the former stumps me. Maybe she's not going to make there plot-wise?
OF COURSE I can forget about these questions and let the plot roll, but dammit! :evil:

..."FOCUS ON THE ECHOES", he said. "IRRELEVANT", he said. Тьфу. >_<
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Dryunya wrote:That just doesn't cut it. I don't know why. Maybe it's a force of habit.
Now. There's one thing we forgot - the Tinfoil Hat Guy's mysterious "lead" on Mr. A. He says that he'll find him in time. Translation: "he will totally appear when the plot calls for it". So far, we have to wait. And don't forget to refresh his tab every now and then.
Now, about Zack. Mr. A said "DISTRACTIONS" after I asked about him, but it was a reply to my other question, where it doesn't seem to make sense - now clarifying it. However, Zack's father was involved, so who knows.
... And just now, he dismissed my question about Deanna's steps to get into the void as "IRRELEVANT", and said that Mark is probably not going to "resurface". I'm not surprised about the latter, but the former stumps me. Maybe she's not going to make there plot-wise?
OF COURSE I can forget about these questions and let the plot roll, but dammit! :evil:
..."FOCUS ON THE ECHOES", he said. "IRRELEVANT", he said. Тьфу. >_<

How do we know Mister A isn't just being cocky? Maybe he just assumes he's powerful enough, and that getting into the void was impossible, but there's actually a way? We know people CAN get to the void, and while I reckon Deanna's plan could only have been cooked up by somebody completely insane, I also don't think we should discount the possibility that she actually CAN get to him.

Whatever the case, it's safer not to dismiss her.

Didn't Don mention deanna saying something about a crack? She must mean in the wall. Cracks are created when characters leak through, right? Maybe Deanna's going to try and get back THROUGH an echo?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Inukai44 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:35 pm

Well she is in seattle so a few metaguards live in that state including me
Inukai44

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:44 pm

I would like to point out that Deanna will have to kill each and every one of us before she enacts her plan, or by her logic, she risks one of us usurping the place she wants. Therefore, she needs to travel the whole world and hunt us down one by one, INCLUDING ALL THE LURKERS.

Have fun, bitch.

Also, please be aware that I have about fifty different weapons waiting for you when you come by my town, plus I've already initiated randomization of my schedule to thwart assassination attempts. Your style is analyzed and understood. I am conducting research on all possible tropes you may invoke on me and their counters. Come over any time. :twisted:
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Sicon112 wrote:I would like to point out that Deanna will have to kill each and every one of us before she enacts her plan, or by her logic, she risks one of us usurping the place she wants. Therefore, she needs to travel the whole world and hunt us down one by one, INCLUDING ALL THE LURKERS.

Have fun, bitch.

Also, please be aware that I have about fifty different weapons waiting for you when you come by my town, plus I've already initiated randomization of my schedule to thwart assassination attempts. Your style is analyzed and understood. I am conducting research on all possible tropes you may invoke on me and their counters. Come over any time. :twisted:

Yeah well obviously we're not in any real danger, I don't think the GMs budgeted for funerals and compensation claims. When she gets to that stage of the plan, I suspect it'll be skipped and she'll go straight for Mister A.
Scarab

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Scarab wrote:Didn't Don mention deanna saying something about a crack? She must mean in the wall. Cracks are created when characters leak through, right? Maybe Deanna's going to try and get back THROUGH an echo?

We don't know what has caused the cracks, but I'm assuming that the cracks appeared first, and then the characters were pulled through it, not the other way around. Of course, we're probably dealing with metaphorical terms here, so it probably doesn't matter all that much.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Given how Mr. A dismisses Deanna without further discussion... Maybe we're not supposed to worry about her plan being successful. Maybe she is just as insane as we think she is, and will fail hilariously. Besides, we should wait what today's encounter shall bring.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:05 pm

^^^
Called it! :D :D
Нас на2.71бали, расходимся. :|

Didn't really see that coming. For a ton of meta-reasons, I think that was the last we saw of her. At least, that's what Mr. A keeps trying to tell us. Everything not regarding her plan (or its failure) will be taken to Quixote's twitter thread.
Dryunya

Postby S_o_S on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:27 pm

I continue to miss ALL the good shit. Fuck's sake.

I highly doubt this is over though, it's way too anticlimactic.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:29 pm

I believe someone could read Quixote's posts of Deanna's plans, and decide that it wouldn't be a bad idea.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:54 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH.

Okay, I admit that if I'd been around at the time, I probably would have been panicking as much as anyone or more, so this is going to come off as a little unfair, but
SERIOUSLY.

It took me FOREVER to catch up on Mr. A's tweets, because people kept asking him THE SAME THING. He said not to worry about her; Deanna's plotline is over.

I think we REALLY have to accept by now that Mr. A is as good as Word of God.

Also, Dryu, if you keep typing in Russian, I'm going to have to permanently keep a Google Translate tab open. And the last thing you wrote didn't even make sense, according to Google. :evil:
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:59 pm

Wait, you don't have a Google Translate tab open at all times?
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:Wait, you don't have a Google Translate tab open at all times?

I don't need one. I speak ALL THE LANGUAGES. Except for Russian, apparently.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:11 pm

Ho, vere? Ni vidos.
Ankaŭ, kion ni faru kun ĉi fadeno nun? Deanna planoj malsukcesis.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:Ankaŭ, kion ni faru kun ĉi fadeno nun? Deanna planoj malsukcesis.

We wait for a mod to lock it.

Or, if we insist on paranoia that there's something more to her plot, we ignore it until she shows up again, then start posting again.

מה, לא האמנת לי? אני מבינה את כל השפות

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Terrac1 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:21 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:Ankaŭ, kion ni faru kun ĉi fadeno nun? Deanna planoj malsukcesis.

Or, if we insist on paranoia that there's something more to her plot, we ignore it until she shows up again, then start posting again.

And that's why I got the Google translator addon. God it saves time.

Anyway glad this crisis is over. When's the next one ya think?
The demons are Pink, Yellow and Rainbow. No matter where I go they are always there.

Congratulations everyone!
Terrac1

Postby JRPictures on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:56 am

Terrac1 wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:

And that's why I got the Google translator addon. God it saves time.

Anyway glad this crisis is over. When's the next one ya think?

When the Cabal strikes I guess.

Thank god this is over with Jennifer but there's still some question regarding her I'd like answered, but even with that the plot twists and resolution were fantastic.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Terrac1 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:02 am

JRPictures wrote:When the Cabal strikes I guess.

Thank god this is over with Jennifer but there's still some question regarding her I'd like answered, but even with that the plot twists and resolution were fantastic.

I concur it definitely made me want to be more involved in this as opposed to lurking around (enough to override my natural avoidance of fanwork and something else that seems quite popular on this forum) at any rate.

Anyway we're off topic Sorry. I tend to ramble.
The demons are Pink, Yellow and Rainbow. No matter where I go they are always there.

Congratulations everyone!
Terrac1

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] Don Quixote