Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

"Wendy, Wendy, when you are sleeping in your silly bed you might be flying about with me saying funny things to the stars."

[Refictionalized 7 Dec 2012]

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Scarab on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Someone get a frame by frame breakdown of those static sections. May be nothing, but it's worth trying. That already happened once.


The prosecution AND the defence both have a legal right to have their own people view the evidence, don't they? Surely Pan's lawyer can ask to view the monitor? We could ask him to set up the itnerface FOR us.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:47 pm

I like this idea. That way, we won't have to break the law to enforce the law.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
User avatar
Genndy Oda C.O.G.
 
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:38 pm
Location: [REDACTED], MI

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:I like this idea. That way, we won't have to break the law to enforce the law.


IT'S NOT REALLY BREAKING THE LAW IF THE GMS DESIGNED IT WITH THE INTENTION THAT WE HACK IT. SORT OF LIKE WITH LAWSON'S VOICEMAIL.
BUT WE DON'T WANT THE ATTORNEY TO HAVE TO BREAK THE LAW, SO HOPEFULLY HE'LL GET IT THE EASY WAY.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:10 pm

The only issue I have with getting the audio from the trial is that we've already virtually confirmed this trial to be completely unfair. The defense lawyer has a right to the evidence, but no guarantee that he'll get the right one.

I am NOT typing in allcaps in discussion threads; it makes it a pain to read.
User avatar
JackAlsworth
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:40 pm
Location: Western Washington State

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:12 pm

I STILL SEE NO REASON FOR HIM TO LEGALLY DENY IT. BUT YES, HE'LL PROBABLY FIND AN EXCUSE. IF HE PUSHES ON THE JUDGE, HE'LL BE ABLE TO GET AWAY WITH IT.

I SPENT AN ENTIRE DAY POSING AS FLUTTERSHY. I CAN HANDLE CAPS ALLRIGHT. ^_^
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:15 pm

HMM... INTERESTING. SO, HOW SOON WILL WE GET AN UPDATE ON WHETHER OR NOT THIS WORKED?
OH, SO THAT'S WHAT THEY MEANT ON THE CHARACTERS PAGE.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
User avatar
Genndy Oda C.O.G.
 
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:38 pm
Location: [REDACTED], MI

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:31 pm

AS SICON ASKED, I WATCHED THE VIDEO AGAIN. I DIDN'T MAKE A COMPLETE FRAME-BY-FRAME REVIEW (IT'S 3 MINUTES LONG - TOO HARDCORE), BUT THERE ARE NO DISTURBANCES IN THE VIDEO ITSELF, AND I THINK NOTHING SUSPICIOUS IN THE STATIC AS WELL. AND, TO BE HONEST, THIS RECORDING IS THE LAST PLACE I'D LOOK FOR HIDDEN MESSAGES IN. I CAN'T CHECK THE SOUND UNTIL I GET HOME - IT'S POSSIBLE THAT THEY ONLY DECREASED THE VOLUME TO WHAT THEY CONSIDERED INAUDIBLE LEVELS. JUST GRASPING AT STRAWS HERE.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:45 pm

There are two points I want to make that I thought about since I walked away.

1) Although we definitely should be trying to crack the pw to get into the camera's feed if the time comes for it, but there would be some issues regarding using what we find as evidence. There are certain laws in place keeping pieces of evidence from being used in court if they were acquired illegally, and breaking into the family's account may be considered illegal. Even if it's not *actually* illegal, it might be difficult to get that evidence into the proceedings and help release Pan. But the information we could recieve finding that audio may be worth breaking into the account for. But if we do find the audio through that means, we may want to keep it to ourselves. Our next best bet is to wait for our lawyer to obtain it legally if that's possible.

2) Everybody keeps saying we need to get the girl to testify so we can know what they were saying in the video. But we forget that there were actually 2 participants in that conversation, and one of them is the defendant. Surely Pan can testify on behalf of himself. When given the chance, he may be able to clear things up. In either case, we should be able to hear from the horse's mouth what they were talking about. Maybe we should ask the lawyer about it.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:57 pm

I'd like to point out that we're trying to convince the jury that Peter is innocent, and the more underhanded methods the defense uses to get their evidence, the guiltier they look, no matter if they're innocent or not.

In response to Wacky's point #2: it's true that Peter was the other half of that conversation, but the jury has no way of knowing if he was telling the truth without the audio. Besides, putting him on the stand would open him up to cross-examination, and I have a really bad feeling about that if (when) it happens.
User avatar
JackAlsworth
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:40 pm
Location: Western Washington State

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:46 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:I'd like to point out that we're trying to convince the jury that Peter is innocent, and the more underhanded methods the defense uses to get their evidence, the guiltier they look, no matter if they're innocent or not.

In response to Wacky's point #2: it's true that Peter was the other half of that conversation, but the jury has no way of knowing if he was telling the truth without the audio. Besides, putting him on the stand would open him up to cross-examination, and I have a really bad feeling about that if (when) it happens.


However, if we can get just strong enough evidence in our favor that the jury begins to doubt the prosecution, we can challenge them to bring out the audio and prove it. He can either accept and lose his ground, decline and make the jury suspicious, or lie and claim not to have it, which we then prove wrong later and use against him since he was lying in court and concealing evidence.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:14 am

I have some suspicions that the prosecutor is Moriarty..... after all, in the shattered comic he had long hair, didn't he?
FIRE!
User avatar
The Wild West Pyro
 
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm
Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:33 am

I disagree with that possibilty.
See, the Cabal wants the fictionals to stay. Since we already know how to refictionalize them and their current place is irrelevant, it does not suit the Cabal to lock Pan in jail.

If they are to be involved, they will side with US in trying to get him out, getting him to trust them so that they may persuade him to actually want to stay. Bolstering their number for whatever task they might have in mind to stop our refictionalization process.

Therefore it makes zero sense for Moriarty or any Cabal member to try to aid the prossecution.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Anura on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:38 am

^I was actually about to suggest the possibility in enlisting the help of the Cabal in this matter. They want the fictites to be here and free, and being in prison is too much like being in a story, in their minds, for them to suffer it on one of their kind. They probably have some strings they could pull to get Pan out of this, and possibly teach him the rules of this world so that he doesn't get in trouble again.

Maybe exposure to him might make them rethink their position that being in this world is automatically better than being in a story. After all, here, Pan can't go on his wonderful adventures. This world is basically anathema to him.
User avatar
Anura
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:04 am
Location: Hastings, England

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:53 am

Pixelmage wrote:I disagree with that possibilty.
See, the Cabal wants the fictionals to stay. Since we already know how to refictionalize them and their current place is irrelevant, it does not suit the Cabal to lock Pan in jail.

I have some doubts on that. Cinderella, and, apparently, Todd, both required someone to read their story to them. If it's a requirement, then Pan may really get trapped if he gets into jail (in fact, I'll go clarify that). The prosecutor being Moriarty still seems a little far-fetched, though.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Even if the story has to be read for them, his lawyer has access to him while he is in jail and could do the reading. And I'm also pretty sure that even if he's convicted he'll be allowed to recieve visits, it could even be a metaguard to go there and read it to him!

True, it'd be a jailbreak and all that, but he wouldn't be inaccessible unless he gets a death sentence. Which, I believe, is out of the possibilities here.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:41 pm

...my impression was that this is a sanity hearing. And if he's declared criminally insane, he would be put in isolation.
User avatar
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:19 pm

Sicon112 wrote:He can either accept and lose his ground, decline and make the jury suspicious, or lie and claim not to have it, which we then prove wrong later and use against him since he was lying in court and concealing evidence.


Well, he's claimed that the audio was "lost". Which should not be possible. Time to go poke holes in that?

Also, this.

What the hell?
Trying to think through who could have sent it.
  1. The Cabal-- highly unlikely. For one thing, Morgana's the one taking Peter, and it claims to be sent by a man. For another, it... in no way advances their plans.
  2. Fictionalthreat-- again, unlikely. The crazy works, though the spelling and grammar's much better; but, like my problem with (1), it's encouraging and suggesting he seek help from his friends.
  3. A metaguard. This is... meta-wise, improbable shading to impossible. On the other hand, content-wise, it makes the most sense.
  4. ???????
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:24 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:He can either accept and lose his ground, decline and make the jury suspicious, or lie and claim not to have it, which we then prove wrong later and use against him since he was lying in court and concealing evidence.


Well, he's claimed that the audio was "lost". Which should not be possible. Time to go poke holes in that?

Also, this.

What the hell?
Trying to think through who could have sent it.
  1. The Cabal-- highly unlikely. For one thing, Morgana's the one taking Peter, and it claims to be sent by a man. For another, it... in no way advances their plans.
  2. Fictionalthreat-- again, unlikely. The crazy works, though the spelling and grammar's much better; but, like my problem with (1), it's encouraging and suggesting he seek help from his friends.
  3. A metaguard. This is... meta-wise, improbable shading to impossible. On the other hand, content-wise, it makes the most sense.
  4. ???????


At first, I thought it was a riddle, but, now I'm not too sure. I kind of thought it was Cheshire, due to mentions of sanity, but everything else seems to contradict it. It could be a member of Cabal. We already know that Erik has been acting against his fellow Cabal members by sending us that letter. He could still be doing things like that, acting against the will of Morganna and the others. The other members could also potentially be acting on their own. The message itself says that the man is acting alone, so this is probably the case.

The only other thing I can think of is there are some other parties involved that we're not aware of.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:46 pm

I have an idea of my own. Crazy Enough To Work. Check Metaneko's thread. Gimme 5 minutes.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:51 pm

Okay, so on the chat, we realized that Cheshire received an odd image of white boxes. Someone decided to merge that image with this message and we got this:

"Listen with great care. You are not alone. bxoprfds"

Whatever that means.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:53 pm

YOU!!!
YOU NINJA'D ME!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh well. Might as well upload the pic.
Result.jpg
Message to pan
Result.jpg (21.71 KiB) Viewed 766 times


...And what do we have here? :gurt: :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Krika on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:55 pm

The first bit is fairly straightforward, but the individual letters are certainly code of some sort.....we just have no idea what kind.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
User avatar
Krika
 
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:07 am
Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 pm

Dryunya wrote:YOU!!!
YOU NINJA'D ME!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh well. Might as well upload the pic.
Result.jpg


...And what do we have here? :gurt: :gurt:


I'm sorry. But all this was going on in the chat while you were still trying to solve it on your own. I thought it was just fair to post it here so people can see it was already done.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Ok. The chat points here: http://xovr.twwf.info/monitor.wav
I bet by donkey it's the audio to the recording. I don't have time to listen to it now, as I'm about to leave. Dammit! :evil:

UPD: And it looks like they really are trying to get him in jail. Called it.
UPD2: Wait... it were them who removed the audio!! :shock: The prosecutor is... not the one at fault? Can't believe I'm saying this.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:02 pm

If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Peter Pan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron