Refictionalization: Adam

"When I looked around I saw and heard of none like me. Was I a monster, a blot upon the earth from which all men fled and whom all men disowned?" :(

[Refictionalized 25 Nov 2012]

Refictionalization: Adam

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:04 pm

So, we can now begin the process. But, of course, we should convince him first. Now that he's furious, he may be unwilling to listen. My proposed course of action is just tell him that we can send him to a better place where he will be sure to find success, or something. Probably too straightforward to actually work.
Your suggestions?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: Refictionalization: Adam

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:26 pm

Perhaps we utilize a Time Skip to send him into his world, but at a later time, where the villagers will hopefully be more open to Adam.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:28 pm

We first need to get him to a point where we can discuss refictionalizing with him. At this point, we don't know what he knows, whether he's aware that he's from a story or if he has a desire to be returned. I don't know how we can get him to that point. But right now he's fixated on his cat. Maybe if we help him with his cat problem, he'll trust us with the truth of who he is and whether or not he's willing to be returned.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:16 pm

My plan was giving him a world where he has a CHANCE of success. I don't think anyone involved would appreciate being handed a solution. I say, give him a world and a place where he can succeed, TELL HIM SO, and then let him get success on his own with an open ending.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:41 am

I thought of a wacky plot to make him take up his father's research to try and cure his deformity. :|
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby S_o_S on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:38 am

Don't forget that we need to include his trope, which I'm fairly sure is Cartwright Curse at this point.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Not necessarily. It could be Facepalm; he executes a masterful one in the last panel.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby SOHCAHTOA on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Dryunya wrote:I thought of a wacky plot to make him take up his father's research to try and cure his deformity. :|

Why must people assume anything anormal is bad? Does no one thinks that maybe Adam is so accustomed to this body, he'd rather not change? Before anything else, we should at least ask him wheter he wants or not to look like a normal person, but i think it would be better if we just put him somewhere where people wouldn't judge him for his appearance, rather than have him change to be accepted. Also, I think by now we know he doesn't really have an interest in science as he has one in the dramatic arts. I agree on the idea of a time skip. Perhaps when we refictionalize we can send himn to his original world, but in the future, an equivalent to our present. If he feels comfortable with the world as it is today, nothing like sending somewhere like that, right? We also need someone to help him turn his works into actual plays, as Erik is doing. Maybe Dr. Frankestein descendent is in the drama business?
I'm back, not that anyone cares.
SOHCAHTOA

Postby Mr. Administrator on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 pm

WE BELIEVE THAT ADAM IS AS READY AS HE WILL EVER BE FOR THE REFICTIONALIZATION PROCESS.

WE BELIEVE YOU HAVE HAVE CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED THE TROPE AS CARTWRIGHT CURSE. IN ORDER TO BE EFFECTIVE, THE STORY MUST BOTH CONTAIN THE TROPE AND BE COMPELLING IN ITS OWN RIGHT.

WE ARE NOT SURE HOW LONG ADAM WILL REMAIN DISILLUSIONED WITH THIS WORLD. BECAUSE THE WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY MAY BE NARROW, WE DESIRE ALL SUBMISSIONS BEFORE NEXT SUNDAY TURNS INTO MONDAY.

SO MIDNIGHT. THAT MEANS MIDNIGHT.
Mr. Administrator

Postby S_o_S on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Next Sunday as in this Sunday coming (ie the 18th) or next Sunday (ie the 25th)?
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Mr. Administrator on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:35 pm

THE 18TH. TOO MUCH CAN HAPPEN IN A WEEK.
Mr. Administrator

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:36 pm

Pretty sure he means this Sunday.
All right, everyone who's actually READ Frankenstein, get on this! Stat!
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Dammit, I won't be around at that time. :(
AND I didn't finish reading Frankenstein, either. :cry:
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:17 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:WE BELIEVE THAT ADAM IS AS READY AS HE WILL EVER BE FOR THE REFICTIONALIZATION PROCESS.

WE BELIEVE YOU HAVE HAVE CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED THE TROPE AS CARTWRIGHT CURSE. IN ORDER TO BE EFFECTIVE, THE STORY MUST BOTH CONTAIN THE TROPE AND BE COMPELLING IN ITS OWN RIGHT.

WE ARE NOT SURE HOW LONG ADAM WILL REMAIN DISILLUSIONED WITH THIS WORLD. BECAUSE THE WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY MAY BE NARROW, WE DESIRE ALL SUBMISSIONS BEFORE NEXT SUNDAY TURNS INTO MONDAY.

SO MIDNIGHT. THAT MEANS MIDNIGHT.

So, midnight on who's time zone?
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:53 pm

It's usually been EST, I think.
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Crap how do you write a good story for him when his trope involves people dying around him...
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:Crap how do you write a good story for him when his trope involves people dying around him...

I pondered that too, and then I realized that he'll be in a universe where reanimation is possible, and problem solved.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:50 am

Can I do it?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:53 am

Yes. Yes you may.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Mr. Administrator on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:40 pm

WE HAVE TWO REMINDERS.

FIRSTLY, ALL SUBMISSIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO ONEABOVETHEWALL@GMAIL.COM

SECONDLY, WHILE WE UNDERSTAND THE APPEAL OF GIVING ADAM A HAPPY STORY, IT MUST NOT BE CONTRIVED. EFFECTIVE DRAMATIC STRUCTURE IS PARAMOUNT, AND PLOT TWISTS MUST BE JUSTIFIED AND GIVEN APPROPRIATE NARRATIVE WEIGHT. IF THIS REQUIRES A STORY THAT IS LESS HAPPY, THEN WE RECOMMEND NOT FORCING IT.
Mr. Administrator

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:WE HAVE TWO REMINDERS.

FIRSTLY, ALL SUBMISSIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO ONEABOVETHEWALL@GMAIL.COM

SECONDLY, WHILE WE UNDERSTAND THE APPEAL OF GIVING ADAM A HAPPY STORY, IT MUST NOT BE CONTRIVED. EFFECTIVE DRAMATIC STRUCTURE IS PARAMOUNT, AND PLOT TWISTS MUST BE JUSTIFIED AND GIVEN APPROPRIATE NARRATIVE WEIGHT. IF THIS REQUIRES A STORY THAT IS LESS HAPPY, THEN WE RECOMMEND NOT FORCING IT.

OK.

CAN THIS INCLUDE THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby H22 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:25 pm

I... pretty blatantly attempted to prep Adam for refic. Hopefully, he'll listen.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Scarab on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:19 pm

H22 wrote:I... pretty blatantly attempted to prep Adam for refic. Hopefully, he'll listen.

I think I speak for everyone involved when I say this is going to suck. :(
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby H22 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:45 pm

Scarab wrote:
H22 wrote:I... pretty blatantly attempted to prep Adam for refic. Hopefully, he'll listen.

I think I speak for everyone involved when I say this is going to suck. :(

Suck is an understatement. If (big if) he listens, it will be bad. If he doesn't? I will feel hideous before the night is out.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:55 pm

I'm starting now.

Wait-

OH SHIT IT'S THE 19TH!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:o :cry: :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Adam Frankenstein