Cabal Discussion

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Cabal Discussion

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Ok, this is getting confusing. I'll post it in the Q&A.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:02 pm

We can work around the issue regardless. See this excerpt from my post on the "sending them back" thread.

However, I am willing to take every action within my power to give them a happy ending somewhere in fiction, even should sending them away be needed. To this end, I suggest getting Mr. A to continue his research, and brainstorming about how we can resolve these issues that recent news has given us, assuming they must each return to their own world.

For instance, crossovers have been demonstrated to be a viable option between fictions. Perhaps we write a story for Moriarty that ends with him discovering some kind of gate, and one for Morgana with the same. Then we imply that they lead to one another, creating both a crossover and leaving the rest up to them.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby S_o_S on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:41 am

It seems that Deanna has been in contact with the Cabal, and she's sick of it. What exactly the nature of this relationship was is impossible to say for now. However, we may have a mutual enemy in her, which could serve as common ground for entering further talks...
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Dryunya on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:25 am

Wiping the dust off this thread.

We've seen the latest Cabal's activity.
Getting a boy behind bars. Give me a fucking break. They think it would somehow keep us away from him, even though a) we're not sure if our presence is even required, and b) we CAN make the attorney fictionalize him, as it was discussed. What we really see, though, is that they intend to give the boy a goddamn prison sentence.

That does it. Whoever of them takes responsibility for this gets no forgiveness from me. We've given them a chance to talk everything over - they didn't use it. I asked them to stop the recruitment - not only they didn't, but they resorted to this. I think I've seen enough.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby JRPictures on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:10 am

Dryunya wrote:Wiping the dust off this thread.

Getting a boy behind bars. Give me a fucking break. They think it would somehow keep us away from him, even though a) we're not sure if our presence is even required, and b) we CAN make the attorney fictionalize him, as it was discussed. What we really see, though, is that they intend to give the boy a goddamn prison sentence.

That does it. Whoever of them takes responsibility for this gets no forgiveness from me. We've given them a chance to talk everything over - they didn't use it. I asked them to stop the recruitment - not only they didn't, but they resorted to this. I think I've seen enough.

Well then I concur, how should we handle this?

If they cross the line, we could refictionalise them against their will...
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:24 am

Dryunya wrote:Wiping the dust off this thread.

What about Erik? he at least tried to communicate with us, didn't he?

Still I think the time for negotiations is past... and I guess if they really love this world and the supposed free will it gives them so much? Then they can live with a little thing called 'consequences of your actions'. >:(
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:47 am

Scarab wrote:What about Erik? he at least tried to communicate with us, didn't he?

That's why I inserted that "the one responsible" bit. Someone of them will have to take responsibility. The "it's a glitch" excuse didn't work for Romeo, and it won't work here.
And if they actually stay here, we may have evidence to get their own asses behind bars. We'll see how they'll like their free will after that.
Dryunya

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:49 am

Though putting Pan behind bars is despicable, I'm still not at the point of being unwilling to forgive and negotiate with whoever's involved. Part of this is that my own personal feelings about whoever did this are less significant than my fear of what could happen if we don't restore everyone to fiction and repair the wall. I'm willing to give a happy ending to someone who doesn't deserve it just because that's the safest thing to do.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Scarab on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:31 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:Though putting Pan behind bars is despicable, I'm still not at the point of being unwilling to forgive and negotiate with whoever's involved. Part of this is that my own personal feelings about whoever did this are less significant than my fear of what could happen if we don't restore everyone to fiction and repair the wall. I'm willing to give a happy ending to someone who doesn't deserve it just because that's the safest thing to do.

I feel much the same. Though when you think about it, the idea isn't so much to give them happy endings as to give them potential beginnings, what they do with that is up to them.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:54 am

Welp. I think I'm about ready to go hunt down some Wall Pieces. Is *anybody* with me?
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby JLocke on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Well, I would help, but my location makes it imposssible. So... You have my moral support? :roll:
(I mean, seriously guys, it can't be that bad.)
Sightless eyes
JLocke

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:15 pm

So... the chatroom folks have noticed that Ed was demoted...

Guys, I know that's very out of character for me, but shouldn't we stick together? Pretty please? :cry:
We need Adell, Xana and Qara here, stat. Gotta speech harder.
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:16 pm

I would love to, Ed, but they're all seriously out of my reach, and I don't know how I can help.

Also, what happened to your admin status, Ed? Is everything okay between you and Joe?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Victin on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:19 pm

Dryunya wrote:So... the chatroom folks have noticed that Ed was demoted...

Guys, I know that's very out of character for me, but shouldn't we stick together? Pretty please? :cry:

You forgot Sicon. But I don't care we split up unless we start to fight.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Joe will probably try to explain, but he'll likely leave the important bits out. I'll say what needs to be said if he lies again.

And yes, this is on topic.
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:28 pm

So, I guess it didn't exactly go well between you. :(
Guys. STAHP.

We are a tram! Not to mention the forum needs an admin. You must shake hands and make up.

(But if you're going to rant, please make a separate thread for it. ^_^)
Dryunya

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:31 pm

I feel like my last post was specifically not a rant. I'll give Joe a chance to say things as they are and not lie about them. If he doesn't, then I'll rant.

But I'm not going to be the one to go back and make nice. Sorry.
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:49 pm

EdwardTheAwesome wrote:Joe will probably try to explain, but he'll likely leave the important bits out. I'll say what needs to be said if he lies again.

So, you're implying that he's lied before. I have to say you've got me worried, Ed. It sounds like you're giving Joe a chance to give his side of the story first. After that's happened I think I'd very much like to hear what you have to say. And I'm strongly worried about the implications of you two having a falling-out.

As for hunting down the wall pieces: I'm all for figuring out where they are, but I'm completely against fixing the wall YET. I don't think we can afford to do this hastily. If we rush it, I expect it to blow up in our faces.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:58 pm

If we figure out their locations, so will the Cabal. And finding a piece reintegrates it with the wall automatically. So no, it's a bad idea. The generally accepted compromise is to find one piece and see what happens.
Dryunya

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:18 pm

The part I didn't bother including in my post was "with the sorts of safeguards we discussed," as there have already been suggestions about ways for one person to track down a wall piece and omit information so that we're not posting everything publicly.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Well, I don't think that would give us anything. It won't advance the plot, you know.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:44 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:
EdwardTheAwesome wrote:Joe will probably try to explain, but he'll likely leave the important bits out. I'll say what needs to be said if he lies again.

So, you're implying that he's lied before. I have to say you've got me worried, Ed. It sounds like you're giving Joe a chance to give his side of the story first. After that's happened I think I'd very much like to hear what you have to say. And I'm strongly worried about the implications of you two having a falling-out.

As for hunting down the wall pieces: I'm all for figuring out where they are, but I'm completely against fixing the wall YET. I don't think we can afford to do this hastily. If we rush it, I expect it to blow up in our faces.

Sooo yeah, about that little falling out. I take it there's an explanation for this coming? Joe? Please?

I keep saying this, but it bears repeating - Joe has been given plenty reasons not to trust the Cabal, but.... if he's LYING, because he's afraid, or for whatever reason? That strikes me as... bad. The LAST thing we need is for people to start panicking about our own FOUNDER'S honesty. He can't have somebody he distrusts as an admin, and I realise that I don't know WHAT is going on here or why this has happened, but we're trying to communicate with both sides of the issue here, and we can't do that if people are silenced for voicing certain sympathies.

We are starting to have BIG problems with communciation here. I don't think I like where it's going... I'm sure nobody needs to be reminded that we're worrying about the fate of the world here. :x
Scarab

Postby H22 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:03 pm

Ed? Any more data? We don't want our two favourite GMs to fall out :(
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Meta: it is highly likely that they are the same GM. :lol:
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Dryunya wrote:So... the chatroom folks have noticed that Ed was demoted...

Been sayin' that all along, man >.> I don't like what might be happening to us. On the one hand we have more important things to worry about than our own founders trustworthiness and the other hand... you know what, screw it, there is no other hand here. We're a team trying to protect the world here, guys you know what Adell would say here: hivemind!
Scarab

PreviousNext

Return to The Cabal