Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

"Wendy, Wendy, when you are sleeping in your silly bed you might be flying about with me saying funny things to the stars."

[Refictionalized 7 Dec 2012]

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Terrac1 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Terrac1 wrote:
Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:Ah, Ace Attorney. The closest thing most people have to knowing actual court procedure.

Hey give me some credit I am actually studying law. But when it comes to cases that are rigged against the defense this bad, have an incompetent / bribed / stupid judge and an amoral attorney what's the first thing to come to mind?

Then again, it doesn't really matter how impossible the case is set up to be. Due to Mr. A's actions it is really impossible for Pan to lose at this point, which was really clever of him. Worst case scenario, that loony manages to get the jury on his side because we failed to help out with the evidence, which we already have, and even then all we need to do is point out how many laws were broken and boom,verdict overturned.

I love when things actually go right.
The demons are Pink, Yellow and Rainbow. No matter where I go they are always there.

Congratulations everyone!
Terrac1

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:39 am

And this is why I took up the study of Xanatos Gambits. :D
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby H22 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:31 am

The appeals procedure is long enough that we can spin it out pretty much indefinitely :D
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby S_o_S on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:24 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Terrac1 wrote:
Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:Ah, Ace Attorney. The closest thing most people have to knowing actual court procedure.

Hey give me some credit I am actually studying law. But when it comes to cases that are rigged against the defense this bad, have an incompetent / bribed / stupid judge and an amoral attorney what's the first thing to come to mind?

Then again, it doesn't really matter how impossible the case is set up to be. Due to Mr. A's actions it is really impossible for Pan to lose at this point, which was really clever of him. Worst case scenario, that loony manages to get the jury on his side because we failed to help out with the evidence, which we already have, and even then all we need to do is point out how many laws were broken and boom,verdict overturned.

Well technically it's just grounds for a mistrial, but it means the process will get dragged out for ages. So Pan's stuck in one place for now...

I'm still extremely angry about this. I am not fucking happy with Mr. A messing with the justice system, whatever his intentions.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:02 pm

S_o_S wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:
Terrac1 wrote:Hey give me some credit I am actually studying law. But when it comes to cases that are rigged against the defense this bad, have an incompetent / bribed / stupid judge and an amoral attorney what's the first thing to come to mind?

Well technically it's just grounds for a mistrial, but it means the process will get dragged out for ages. So Pan's stuck in one place for now...

I'm still extremely angry about this. I am not fucking happy with Mr. A messing with the justice system, whatever his intentions.

The good news is he's being reficced tomorrow, so it all works out.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Scarab on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:49 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:The good news is he's being reficced tomorrow, so it all works out.

Never have I been so happy to know somebody's going back to the fiction they came from. At least he can be happy and a kid again there (come on, secretly, a lot of us are a little jealous that he gets to stay a kid for all time) :)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Terrac1 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:56 pm

S_o_S wrote:I'm still extremely angry about this. I am not Screwing happy with Mr. A messing with the justice system, whatever his intentions.

Getting Peter "not guilty" and home is worth some small interference.

(Edited because the original post was a little to wordy and confusing)
Last edited by Terrac1 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The demons are Pink, Yellow and Rainbow. No matter where I go they are always there.

Terrac1

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:05 pm

The lawyer was GOING to mess with the justice system, that was obvious, so A stepped in to ensure that the law breaking was blatant enough that there was no chance of Pan actually being declared guilty.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:41 am

Wait, did Mr. A say what exactly he did? Am I missing something?
(Don't tell me that prosecutor is his agent. I'll kill them both if that's the case.)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:52 am

No, but he said straight out that he interfered to prolong the trial and explained his motives. Based on what he said, the implication is that he was the one who split the audio from the video, and possibly scrambled the other video so that that was what the prosecutor would have to work with. (and don't get mad at him because his reasoning includes that if he HADN'T, the prosecutor would have tried to GET someone to do a much more competent job of the same.)
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Dryunya wrote:Wait, did Mr. A say what exactly he did? Am I missing something?
(Don't tell me that prosecutor is his agent. I'll kill them both if that's the case.)

As Qara said, Mr. A realized that the Cabal had gotten the prosecutor involved, then realized that the guy was getting desperate to keep his perfect record. Predicting that if the prosecutor was left alone he would find another way to screw with the evidence, one that A could not guarantee to be solvable, Mr. A stepped in and gave him purposely crap evidence so that we would be able to fix it. He COULD have just gotten the guy caught on purpose and have the trial thrown out, but he did not want to end the trial at once, in order to make sure Pan was truly intent on going home. I mean, it was obvious to US that Pan wouldn't want to join the Cabal, because it would mean staying here, but Mr. A doesn't really GET people, remember?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Terrac1 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:No, but he said straight out that he interfered to prolong the trial and explained his motives. Based on what he said, the implication is that he was the one who split the audio from the video, and possibly scrambled the other video so that that was what the prosecutor would have to work with. (and don't get mad at him because his reasoning includes that if he HADN'T, the prosecutor would have tried to GET someone to do a much more competent job of the same.)

Wow..That's brilliant.

DECEMBER 7 2012 Edit

Oh my god he actually was channeling Von Karma! That's even more brilliant! And awesome!
https://twitter.com/YouHaveFailedUs/status/277168246828986368

Terrac1

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] Peter Pan