New Patient

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

New Patient

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Some say it's nothing. But Lawson updated just now, and looks like she'll be working with Deanna.

If this is what the Cabal were working on, what the hell? I trust them even LESS if it is.

and either way... I think we can agree that anything Deanna-related is not a good thing. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how it unfolds. Or fails to unfold. With elephants.

Also, looks like now all my Hollywood Psych complaints have been well and truly jossed between the two psychiatrists, so... YAY.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Re: New Patient

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Oh bloody hell. So first we (or I, at least) get all obsessed with Deanna, then it looks like Deanna wasn't that important and we should just forget about her because it's been resolved, and now we get more developments regarding Deanna?!

This could just be like an epilogue, a little note that lets us know what's going on with these two characters after their involvement in the main events has ended, but I'm not going to assume anything at this point.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Adell on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:45 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Some say it's nothing. But Lawson updated just now, and looks like she'll be working with Deanna.

If this is what the Cabal were working on, what the hell? I trust them even LESS if it is.

and either way... I think we can agree that anything Deanna-related is not a good thing. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how it unfolds. Or fails to unfold. With elephants.

Also, looks like now all my Hollywood Psych complaints have been well and truly jossed between the two psychiatrists, so... YAY.

I completely disagree with this being a BAD thing. Now Deanna can get the help she needs, they renewed Joan's interest in being a psychiatrist and got her what I'm assuming would actually be a pretty well paying job (considering the damage Deanna had done). let's be honest here, Deanna was hinted at being kind of done anyway with Don's comments, not to mention that Joan isn't dealing with her the same way she'd have dealt with todd, since she'll most likely be treating her in some sort of psychiatric ward or prison-thing, and definitely have some sort of security to help her if need be. It sounds like they (the cabal) followed through with their promise, and now are even trying to get help for someone who was completely uninvolved in their own machinations.

That's how i see things anyway.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:12 am

Adell wrote:
I completely disagree with this being a BAD thing. Now Deanna can get the help she needs, they renewed Joan's interest in being a psychiatrist and got her what I'm assuming would actually be a pretty well paying job (considering the damage Deanna had done). let's be honest here, Deanna was hinted at being kind of done anyway with Don's comments, not to mention that Joan isn't dealing with her the same way she'd have dealt with todd, since she'll most likely be treating her in some sort of psychiatric ward or prison-thing, and definitely have some sort of security to help her if need be. It sounds like they (the cabal) followed through with their promise, and now are even trying to get help for someone who was completely uninvolved in their own machinations.

That's how i see things anyway.

XD I actually agree with Qara. In the sense that defeating Deanna was a bit easy.... and she was supposed to be the big bad.
but *shrugs* I'm probably wrong.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby JRPictures on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:38 am

I'm a bit surprised this happened but perhaps I should've seen it coming.

It's nice to see Lawson has some new work and that Deanna seems to be taken care of. I doubt much will happen with this (though I could be wrong.)
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Guyshane on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:37 pm

For those who weren't in the chat i still think this is a horrible idea and this is gonna end up a Joker and Harley Quinn type situation
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Victin on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Guyshane wrote:For those who weren't in the chat i still think this is a horrible idea and this is gonna end up a Joker and Harley Quinn type situation

Foe Yay / Les Yay?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby S_o_S on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Some say it's nothing. But Lawson updated just now, and looks like she'll be working with Deanna.[/size]

I'm going to quote Revenge of Cooler Abridged here.

"Someone better pick up that phone... Because I fucking called it!"

I knew this wasn't done! Time to sit back and watch the Deanna madness be revealed to us all. Maybe we'll get answers about how she knew about Brad and Miranda, and the imaginary friends...
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Scarab on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:37 pm

S_o_S wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Some say it's nothing. But Lawson updated just now, and looks like she'll be working with Deanna.[/size]

I'm going to quote Revenge of Cooler Abridged here.

I knew this wasn't done! Time to sit back and watch the Deanna madness be revealed to us all. Maybe we'll get answers about how she knew about Brad and Miranda, and the imaginary friends...

Yes I must admit to being very curious about the Imagianry friends deal... I can't help but feel as if there's something more to it than mere psychosis.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Though she didn't explicitly tell that she'd update the blog with Deanna's case. All we know is that she'll take it, so maybe it'll go background anyway and this is just like Brad's post on Tara's blog: A closing of the connection.
If so, the plotline is over.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Drat. I just bookmarked that blog today.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Blurred_9L on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Well, as long as nothing bad comes up, then I guess this is it from Deanna. Although I don't think we should let it slide so easily, but whatever, we'll see how it unfolds later.
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:41 am

I have no idea why you assume the Cabal is involved. We haven't checked yet.

To do that:
  1. Ask the Cabal if they are responsible, and exactly what strings they had to pull.
  2. Ask Joan who gave her the job, and why she was chosen.
  3. Compare.
DO NOT reverse the order, because in that case the Cabal will see her reply, and will just roll with it (it's not like we can ask Joan's superiors directly). Until then, I say they are not responsible.

S_o_S wrote:I'm going to quote Revenge of Cooler Abridged here.

I think I hear "called it" from you just a little too often.
:ugeek:
*Obligatory "SOS is a puppetmaster" post*
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:23 am

Dryunya wrote:I have no idea why you assume the Cabal is involved. We haven't checked yet.

Morgan did confirm that they "helped arrange" for Joan to get this job. Are you just questioning the extent of their involvement? Because from my perspective it looks like they maybe pulled a few strings but aren't really active players in Deanna's treatment. Although of course we can't make assumptions.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby H22 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:38 am

Dryunya wrote:I have no idea why you assume the Cabal is involved. We haven't checked yet.

To do that:
  1. Ask the Cabal if they are responsible, and exactly what strings they had to pull.
  2. Ask Joan who gave her the job, and why she was chosen.
  3. Compare.
DO NOT reverse the order, because in that case the Cabal will see her reply, and will just roll with it (it's not like we can ask Joan's superiors directly). Until then, I say they are not responsible.

S_o_S wrote:I'm going to quote Revenge of Cooler Abridged here.

I think I hear "called it" from you just a little too often.
:ugeek:
*Obligatory "SOS is a puppetmaster" post*

Onto Stage 2, then.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:14 pm

NNNooooo too early! We haven't asked about the pulled strings yet!
If we ask Juan now, she may say, for example, "Dr. Killdeer had assigned me", and then the Cabal will say "yep, we totally manipulated Dr. Killdeer, why do you ask?". That won't do. So, keep asking. Morgana won't talk to me anyway. :D
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby H22 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:22 pm

Ah well. Since it doesn't actually matter that much, we might as well trust the Cabal, if necessary.

Also, I completely don't blame Morgana :D
H22

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Dryunya wrote:NNNooooo too early! We haven't asked about the pulled strings yet!
If we ask Juan now, she may say, for example, "Dr. Killdeer had assigned me", and then the Cabal will say "yep, we totally manipulated Dr. Killdeer, why do you ask?". That won't do. So, keep asking. Morgana won't talk to me anyway. :D

Morganna won't talk to any of us. She closed off communications with any of us due to her frustration at us for not finding any pieces yet, also because she's busy with her day job. So if you want to continue this line of questioning, we have to find a piece first.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby H22 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:47 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
Dryunya wrote:NNNooooo too early! We haven't asked about the pulled strings yet!

Morganna won't talk to any of us. She closed off communications with any of us due to her frustration at us for not finding any pieces yet, also because she's busy with her day job. So if you want to continue this line of questioning, we have to find a piece first.

Which is distinctly unfair. :(
What is her day job?
Anyway, if the C are involved, it would suggest it's just tying up loose ends.
H22

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:12 pm

H22 wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:

Which is distinctly unfair. :(
What is her day job?
Anyway, if the C are involved, it would suggest it's just tying up loose ends.

She's mentioned it in one of her letters. I believe it had something to do with special effects in movies. I'm kind of jealous myself.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Morgan still seems to be on decent speaking terms with me, so I asked her for more details about this. She may not oblige, but if she does I'll let you know.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)