REFICTIONALIZATION Q&A

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: REFICTIONALIZATION Q&A

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:56 pm

Scarab wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Have we ever been in good favor with the Cabal? Do we want to be? As for everyone else, they should take this as a warning not to join the Cabal.

...Sorry if I sound rude here, but you're impyling it's okay to use our powers as a threat against anyone who might join the Cabal?

We have absolutely NO good reason to threaten most of these people. Romeo, Juliet, Peter, Adam, Holmes, Poirot... they have done us NO harm at all, some ofthem have even benefitted people in this world. Excluding the risk of worldly collapse, this world is BETTER for havinga Poirot and a Holmes around, there are real people who can attest to that. Even the Wicked Witch has been pretty harmless. We can't go throwing around our ability like that.

I'm not threatening anybody. Or even implying we should. Read my words carefully. I said they should take it as a warning. It's no more a threat than a mother telling her child not to stick a fork in an electrical socket is threatening him. We like these guys, and we want them to have happy endings. But they should know that if they do align themselves against us like the Cabal, no good can come from it.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:11 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
I'm not threatening anybody. Or even implying we should. Read my words carefully. I said they should take it as a warning. It's no more a threat than a mother telling her child not to stick a fork in an electrical socket is threatening him. We like these guys, and we want them to have happy endings. But they should know that if they do align themselves against us like the Cabal, no good can come from it.

I dunno, man, using the word 'warning' in the context of 'you better not do this', just after we'd been discussing the possibility of writing the bad guys into horrible stories, in your sentence seems pretty implicational to me :/ I think it's understandable that I got confused.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:27 pm

If anything, I want to write a story where the Cabal is humiliated, not killed. It's more effective to make a villain laughable then to kill them off.

Speaking of which, I think my story for Morgana will involve a change of heart (not literally) and clown school...
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:29 pm

Zup wrote:If anything, I want to write a story where the Cabal is humiliated, not killed. It's more effective to make a villain laughable then to kill them off.

Speaking of which, I think my story for Morgana will involve a change of heart (not literally) and clown school...

Yes, not being taken seriously is more damaging to many of them than death.. .shame the story has to be realistic to their situation and perosnality, or it won't work >.>

Urgh, well I'm trying to be moral about all this and take the high ground, but... damn it, they've gone too far.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Jeroic9 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:47 pm

Wait, do we need to find Moriarty''s echo, or could it be possible to pair him with Holmes? I know supposedly Romeo and Juliet are the only pair, but a rivalry so fierce as that....

At the least, I hope we send Moriarty back before Holmes. certainly preferable to the other way around.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby Tohrinha on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:00 pm

Jeroic9 wrote:Wait, do we need to find Moriarty''s echo, or could it be possible to pair him with Holmes? I know supposedly Romeo and Juliet are the only pair, but a rivalry so fierce as that....

At the least, I hope we send Moriarty back before Holmes. certainly preferable to the other way around.

We'll need to find an echo for Moriarty. He doesn't factor into Holmes's current echo.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:46 am

Tohrinha wrote:
Jeroic9 wrote:Wait, do we need to find Moriarty''s echo, or could it be possible to pair him with Holmes? I know supposedly Romeo and Juliet are the only pair, but a rivalry so fierce as that....

We'll need to find an echo for Moriarty. He doesn't factor into Holmes's current echo.

Mm, yeah and we have a fair few to go, at this point. Lots of echoes to find.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Dryunya wrote:Now that I think about that, they all share an echo. Maybe the procedure will be somehow different for the Cabal.

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Although... They're all on the cover page together, but there's another echo which just has one or two of them. Maybe we'll have to take the tropes from the comic for ALL of them, but refictionalize separately?

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Holmes and Poirot share an echo. Does that mean they must go back together? Silver and Gulliver too.

Your comment, Mr. A?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Are we allowed to call in authors unrelated to the ARG for this?
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Mr. Administrator on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:03 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Holmes and Poirot share an echo. Does that mean they must go back together? Silver and Gulliver too.

THE CHARACTER WHOSE POSTS LED YOU TO THE ECHO IS THE SUBJECT OF THAT ECHO.

THE ONLY KNOWN EXCEPTION IS ROMEO & JULIET, WHO WERE SO INEXTRICABLY TIED TOGETHER BY TROPES WHEN THEY CROSSED THAT THEY MUST BE RETURNED IN THE SAME STORY.

YOU ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO INVOLVE MORE AGENTS AT EVERY POINT DURING THIS CRISIS.
Mr. Administrator

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:

YOU ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO INVOLVE MORE AGENTS AT EVERY POINT OF THE STORY.

I'm on it.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Alright. I asked Brian Randall, of Kyon: BDH fame, to help. Hopefully, he'll be able to write a tale to trap our freed fictionals.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:56 am

This question arose with Peter Pan's plotline: do the fictionals have to have their story read to them? Because that seemed to be the case with Cinderella, and is going to be the case with Todd. If I am correct, then Pan's getting into jail will be troublesome.

Also, tell us about the refictionalization of corpses you mentioned.

On a side note, why didn't you visit us on the appreciation day? :(

EDIT: One more question. Now that the refictionalization truly begins, we need to know what to do with those who don't want to leave. Moral dilemmas aside, is it possible to refictionalize a character who refuses to cooperate?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Terrac1 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:14 am

Dryunya wrote:EDIT: One more question. Now that the refictionalization truly begins, we need to know what to do with those who don't want to leave. Moral dilemmas aside, is it possible to refictionalize a character who refuses to cooperate?

Mister Administrator wrote:OUR AGENTS HAVE FOUND ENOUGH ECHOES TO REFICTIONALIZE HOLMES, GULLIVER, AND ADAM FRANKENSTEIN. CONTACT THESE CHARACTERS IF YOU WISH TO KNOW WHETHER THEY ARE READY TO GO BACK. HOWEVER, IF THEY RESIST, YOU ARE FREE TO USE WHATEVER METHODS YOU DEEM APPROPRIATE

From this I'd gather that it's possible but undesirable.
The demons are Pink, Yellow and Rainbow. No matter where I go they are always there.

Congratulations everyone!
Terrac1

Postby Mr. Administrator on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:58 am

Terrac1 wrote:
Dryunya wrote:EDIT: One more question. Now that the refictionalization truly begins, we need to know what to do with those who don't want to leave. Moral dilemmas aside, is it possible to refictionalize a character who refuses to cooperate?

Mister Administrator wrote:OUR AGENTS HAVE FOUND ENOUGH ECHOES TO REFICTIONALIZE HOLMES, GULLIVER, AND ADAM FRANKENSTEIN. CONTACT THESE CHARACTERS IF YOU WISH TO KNOW WHETHER THEY ARE READY TO GO BACK. HOWEVER, IF THEY RESIST, YOU ARE FREE TO USE WHATEVER METHODS YOU DEEM APPROPRIATE

From this I'd gather that it's possible but undesirable.

CORRECT. ULTIMATELY THE STABILITY OF REALITY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THEIR COMFORT AND HAPPINESS, BUT IT IS OBVIOUSLY PREFERABLE IF THE PROCESS IS AMICABLE.
Mr. Administrator

Postby Mr. Administrator on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:15 pm

OUR RAW DATA FROM THE SEISMETAGRAPH IS INCLUDED BELOW:

Code: Select all
20-8-5 23-1-12-12 23-9-12-12 6-1-12-12 21 12 20 12

WE HAVE OUR OWN INTERPRETATION OF THIS DATA, BUT SINCE YOU ARE ALWAYS REQUESTING MORE EVIDENCE, WE WILL WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE INTERPRETED IT FIRST.
Mr. Administrator

Postby Krika on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:23 pm

Those translate to "THE WALL WILL FALL U L T L". Exactly.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby Blurred_9L on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:41 pm

So according to Krika and the chatoom. The wall falls on the solstice 21st of december. Is that it?
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Mr. Administrator on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:45 pm

OUR INTERPRETATION OF OUR INSTRUMENTS INDICATES THAT THE WALL WILL BECOME CRITICALLY UNSTABLE ON 21 DECEMBER 2012.

THE REFICTIONALIZATION OF THE CHARACTERS MUST BE COMPLETE BY THAT TIME, OR WE CANNOT PREDICT WHAT MAY HAPPEN.
Mr. Administrator

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:46 pm

Called it.

(DF called it first, but I was the one spamming the chatroom about it. :P)
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby Blurred_9L on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:53 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:OUR INTERPRETATION OF OUR INSTRUMENTS INDICATES THAT THE WALL WILL BECOME CRITICALLY UNSTABLE ON 21 DECEMBER 2012.

THE REFICTIONALIZATION OF THE CHARACTERS MUST BE COMPLETE BY THAT TIME, OR WE CANNOT PREDICT WHAT MAY HAPPEN.

So when we refictionalize all the characters... then what?

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Mr. Administrator on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 pm

THEN YOUR WORK IS DONE.
Mr. Administrator

Postby Blurred_9L on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:00 pm

And if we happened to fail, then we will be left with an unstable reality that might collapse at any time. Nice >.<

Blurred_9L

Postby Dryunya on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:33 am

Endless Sea wrote:Called it.

Called it back in the megathread (beatch). :gurt:

That's so appropriate. If the apocalypse doesn't happen, I'll brag about it all the time. :D

Ok, srsly now. We're fscked, people. :o
Dryunya

Postby The Finch on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:04 am

Mr. Administrator wrote:OUR RAW DATA FROM THE SEISMETAGRAPH IS INCLUDED BELOW:

Code: Select all
20-8-5 23-1-12-12 23-9-12-12 6-1-12-12 21 12 20 12

WE HAVE OUR OWN INTERPRETATION OF THIS DATA, BUT SINCE YOU ARE ALWAYS REQUESTING MORE EVIDENCE, WE WILL WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE INTERPRETED IT FIRST.

Welp. December 21st. Doomsday.

This isn't just the fate of fiction anymore. This is now the fate of all of the people in the entire world, hell, the ENTIRE EARTH itself! WE MUST GET THEM BACK IN, OR THE WORST WILL HAPPEN.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Previous

Return to General Discussion