The witch's advertisement

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: The witch's advertisement

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:12 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Sorry. I'm a diagnosed sufferer of Complexity Addiction. But if you insist you can just use a proxy, though that may end up with IP's from all over the place, so be sure to say you know the fake people through the internet as opposed to real life.

What's a proxy?

This. Basically, it hides your IP and other information with fakes so you can move about anonymously. Or possibly circumvent nationwide IP bans to play foreign games... not that I did that or anything....
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby VicariousShaner on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:14 pm

I once again am a huge advocate of admitting defeat. Gives more of a chance to the rest of us.
VicariousShaner

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:16 pm

Sicon112 wrote:This. Basically, it hides your IP and other information with fakes so you can move about anonymously. Or possibly circumvent nationwide IP bans to play foreign games... not that I did that or anything....

I should note that I'm not sure if that site is totally trustworthy, since I haven't used them before. They were just the first thing that came up when I searched.

VicariousShaner wrote:I once again am a huge advocate of admitting defeat. Gives more of a chance to the rest of us.

I say keep going as long as you can. It doesn't really matter all that much who gets picked, since they will be posting everything so we can work on it as a hivemind. This competition is mainly just for fun, at least as far as I'm concerned.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:16 pm

'Snot coming up. The damn proxy's not coming up. *sits very very still*

...Do you think that if I destroy the internet, I can get out of this unscathed?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:18 pm

IslaKariese wrote:'Snot coming up. The damn proxy's not coming up. *sits very very still*

...Do you think that if I destroy the internet, I can get out of this unscathed?

Well, you would probably piss off 4chan, which is arguably worse than the witch...

Just Google "proxy IP" or something. It's not like that's the only site.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Well, you would probably piss off 4chan, which is arguably worse than the witch...

Ugh. I'm not tech savvy. And I can't do all this with school in the way. Is your brother opposed to sending those ten people or is he just too stuck in the Just for Pun thread to give a damn?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:24 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Well, you would probably piss off 4chan, which is arguably worse than the witch...

Ugh. I'm not tech savvy. And I can't do all this with school in the way. Is your brother opposed to sending those ten people or is he just too stuck in the Just for Pun thread to give a damn?

Well, I think he's coming this way, so we shall see what will happen....
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:26 pm

This is your friendly neighborhood BROgove speaking. What is it that you require of me? Let me warn you, I expect payment in pizza, deliciously served with a box of breadsticks and exactly 7.2 pounds of pure gold.
Just an Ordinary Black Magician...
AMimsyBorogove

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:30 pm

AMimsyBorogove wrote:This is your friendly neighborhood BROgove speaking. What is it that you require of me? Let me warn you, I expect payment in pizza, deliciously served with a box of breadsticks and exactly 7.2 pounds of pure gold.

Ten people not already involved in this ARG. They need to at least pretend to be interested in the Wicked Witch's attempt to secure the presidency and say they were sent by Kestral St. Willow. Sicon says you know people. Can you help me? *puppy eyes*
IslaKariese

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:31 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
AMimsyBorogove wrote:This is your friendly neighborhood BROgove speaking. What is it that you require of me? Let me warn you, I expect payment in pizza, deliciously served with a box of breadsticks and exactly 7.2 pounds of pure gold.

Ten people not already involved in this ARG. They need to at least pretend to be interested in the Wicked Witch's attempt to secure the presidency and say they were sent by Kestral St. Willow. Sicon says you know people. Can you help me? *puppy eyes*

I said he was capable of helping me fake it. We both are Hikikomori, though my bro has a lot more connections via RP forums.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:35 pm

Me? Know people? I'm a hikkikomori, and since I've already become involved with the ARG, I can't even use myself. I could probably send an email from a puppet account or two, but I'd rather not go to all the trouble of arranging a proxy or leaving the comfort of my magnificently majestic, superbly snug sanctum of sadly insignificant sanity to go to one of those "libraries" where they store mass quantities of books I could just order or read on the internet without bothering to go outside. ごめんね! >。<
AMimsyBorogove

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:36 pm

Ah. Well, I'd like to know if getting cursed actually causes something to happen. Just to be sure. I'd hate for my already crappy laptop to get crappier.
IslaKariese

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:41 pm

My guess is that being "cursed" will probably have some sort of meta effect. I.E., being temporarily caused to disconnect from the forums every time you try to get on, although I might be wrong. Alternatively, the puppetmasters will just backtrace your internets and deliver some anthrax on your door.

As for being able to help you, I don't really see how I could do so. Sorry.
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:45 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Ah. Well, I'd like to know if getting cursed actually causes something to happen. Just to be sure. I'd hate for my already crappy laptop to get crappier.

I'm going with the witch is kinda crazy. I have yet to receive my anthrax, which is disappointing really. I mean,t here are so many things I could do with that stuff, right?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:48 pm

AMimsyBorogove wrote:My guess is that being "cursed" will probably have some sort of meta effect. I.E., being temporarily caused to disconnect from the forums every time you try to get on, although I might be wrong. Alternatively, the puppetmasters will just backtrace your internets and deliver some anthrax on your door.

As for being able to help you, I don't really see how I could do so. Sorry.

Well, that's that. Too much real life going on to conceivably create and imitate ten different people, just for a game (no matter how much fun I'm actually having). It's the same way I couldn't sacrifice more than eight hours of my life (without a car, even) to find the clue in Virginia Beach.

...And damn if I don't wish I was legal drinking age, 'cause I wanna be drunk, now.
IslaKariese

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:55 pm

THAT'S IT! The "curse" is actually an irresistible hypnotic compulsion to drink yourself into a complete stupor! It makes PERFECT SENSE!
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:57 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Well, that's that. Too much real life going on to conceivably create and imitate ten different people, just for a game (no matter how much fun I'm actually having). It's the same way I couldn't sacrifice more than eight hours of my life (without a car, even) to find the clue in Virginia Beach.

...And damn if I don't wish I was legal drinking age, 'cause I wanna be drunk, now.

Not like you would need to post more than a greeting on her blog for each. She said that you only needed to direct them to her. Afterwords, you can just post as one or two every now and then, with some comment the hivemind wants the answer to anyhow. Also, just do the proxy thing. It shouldn't need much effort, and I even got you a How To vid: See?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:03 pm

I've grown some nerve and I've sent the witch's blog to Tara Strong. I also sent the same to Doug Walker and Weird Al. I don't know if they'll respond, but it's worth a shot.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:04 pm

Ok, I'm up again for a while. Hope she is still replying to those emails, because I have accepted my I Thought It Meant mistake, and told her my intention to enslave "those feeble minds" by making her viral. I've no actualy idea how to do that, but if we are going to make lolwitches or demotivators featuring the Wicked Witch turning people into cockroaches, count me in. :gurt:

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I've grown some nerve and I've sent the witch's blog to Tara Strong. I also sent the same to Doug Walker and Weird Al. I don't know if they'll respond, but it's worth a shot.

I'm kind of afraid to make the ARG too known, as that may attract a fair portion of game-breaking douchebags. But still, if they reply, that would be undeniably awesome. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Not like you would need to post more than a greeting on her blog for each. She said that you only needed to direct them to her. Afterwords, you can just post as one or two every now and then, with some comment the hivemind wants the answer to anyhow. Also, just do the proxy thing. It shouldn't need much effort, and I even got you a How To vid: See?

...I've found the reason for my being unable to bring up proxy sites. My school's Appropriate Use Policy deems them a big no-no. So no proxies for me.

...Unless she's willing to wait two weeks until I go home. Which she won't.
IslaKariese

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:09 pm

Dryunya wrote:Ok, I'm up again for a while. Hope she is still replying to those emails, because I have accepted my I Thought It Meant mistake, and told her my intention to enslave "those feeble minds" by making her viral. I've no actualy idea how to do that, but if we are going to make lolwitches or demotivators featuring the Wicked Witch turning people into cockroaches, count me in. :gurt:

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I've grown some nerve and I've sent the witch's blog to Tara Strong. I also sent the same to Doug Walker and Weird Al. I don't know if they'll respond, but it's worth a shot.

I'm kind of afraid to make the ARG too known, as that may attract a fair portion of game-breaking douchebags. But still, if they reply, that would be undeniably awesome. :gurt:

Perhaps, though it feels like the puppetmasters want more people to join. I figured that would make them happy. But who knows? Either way, it's not likely that they'll all be able to find their way to the ARG through the witch's blog. It doesn't link back to the forum or anything else WTF related. They'll just end up on the blog, think it's weird that someone started up a blog like that, and then leaves. But it's never a bad thing to attract attention to this game.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:13 pm

Now that I think about it, helping the witch run for president is kind of like what the internet could easily fall for. If there really is a meme-bending master among us, we can make her appear on actual news. :mrgreen:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:17 pm

Shaner, just as he promised us, is doing his best to play dirty. (And I'm not mad, just to clarify. I know it's hard to tell on the internet. Grats dude, nice ploy) Things are getting fun! He just offered to out basically every one of us as attempting to get the witch back to Oz (which we are)

It appears many of your possible campaign managers are starting to show their true colors. They are not in it for you, they do not care for your satisfaction, they only care for themselves. I believe most of these people are only against you, miss Witch.

If you’d like, I have collected a possible list of people who have contacted you in order to send you back to Oz. Please reply if you are interested.

Have a nice day, and let your enemies burn.

-VicariousShaner

but of course, I preempted him by posting right after him:

How amusing, it appears someone has decided to actually compete for this position. I commend you on your strategy, though it does have an interesting flaw. After all, I was very clear exactly why I am here; my own entertainment.

Such tricks won;t work on me, and any names on your ‘list’ that belong to people posting here are immediately suspect. After all, you are obviously just attempting to cast suspicion on your opponents.

Besides, why would I try to stop the fun? The show is only beginning! A play that ends in the middle of it’s first act is boring, and a Fool’s Mate is only notable for the stupidity that it takes to lose a game of chess in two moves.

On that note, how about I accuse YOU of trying to impede the Witch’s progress, just for good measure. It’s only polite, after all.

~Sicon

Now I'm safe from inclusion on his list, more or less, AND I got to use chess motifs again. Your move, mate. ;)
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:20 pm

...You guys are psychotically awesome.
IslaKariese

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:21 pm

Note: if you are a candidate in good standing, you should probably post on the blog and laugh at Shaner to save yourselves from his list. Also, make sure to imply that he is the real traitor to the witch, and ask how he came about those names.

Also, everyone agree right now:

NEVER EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, LINK THE WITCH HERE!

Except maybe to gloat as Mr. A carts her off. Otherwise that would be a horrible disaster.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch