The witch's advertisement

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: The witch's advertisement

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:37 am

VicariousShaner wrote:For the record, I could have easily gone longer if not for the willing of both the witch, and Adell.

(Who may or may not be the same person.)

Obviously it could have. We were both keeping up pretty well. To be honest, I was intending to avoid mentioning the site at all at first, but then you posted that message I left for you guys. That totally took me by surprise, so much so that I had to turn on Two Steps From Hell to counter you. I think you're pretty qualified for your own gambiting tropes.

Also, as to the last line, I lol'd.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:38 am

Endless Sea wrote:Holy crap, this thread is made of awesome. Should've logged on earlier- pretending to be a disciple of his August Majesty, the Dark One probably would've curried me some favor. ):D

What, you mean the chessmaster duel between me and Shaner, or just the fact that the bloody Witch is running for president... erm, "Wizard"?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:39 am

Sicon112 wrote:
Endless Sea wrote:Holy crap, this thread is made of awesome. Should've logged on earlier- pretending to be a disciple of his August Majesty, the Dark One probably would've curried me some favor. ):D

What, you mean the chessmaster duel between me and Shaner, or just the fact that the bloody Witch is running for president... erm, "Wizard"?

I mean EVERYTHING. That's why I mentioned the thread instead of anything specific.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby VicariousShaner on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:41 am

Adell wrote:
VicariousShaner wrote:For the record, I could have easily gone longer if not for the willing of both the witch, and Adell.

</Facepalm>

Theory confirmed.

Anyway, I guess it should be best to focus on other characters for the time being, while the Witchdell goes over the applicants.
VicariousShaner

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:42 am

Endless Sea wrote:I mean EVERYTHING. That's why I mentioned the thread instead of anything specific.

Good point. Things kinda went up to 11 the moment the witch's ad got found by Dryu. I vote that this has been the best day of the ARG so far. (Though that may be just cause I got to exercise my brain and my gambiting skills)

You guys agree?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:44 am

VicariousShaner wrote:
Adell wrote:...

</Facepalm>

Theory confirmed.

Anyway, I guess it should be best to focus on other characters for the time being, while the Witchdell goes over the applicants.

Don't worry, Adell, you aren't alone; apparently I'm Mr. A! Who woulda thought?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:45 am

VicariousShaner wrote:
Adell wrote:

</Facepalm>

Theory confirmed.

*rubs forehead*

*beat*

</facepalm>
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:56 am

Adell wrote:*rubs forehead*

*beat*

</facepalm>

There, there, dear Dell. I'm sure your forehead did nothing to offend you so badly.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:00 am

Adell wrote:
VicariousShaner wrote:
Adell wrote:

</Facepalm>

Theory confirmed.

*rubs forehead*

*beat*

</facepalm>

New rule for the drinking game! Down half the glass whenever Adell facepalms!

...Wait a sec, I derailed the thread, didn't I? -_- My bad.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:37 am

Good point. Things kinda went up to 11 the moment the witch's ad got found by Dryu. I vote that this has been the best day of the ARG so far. (Though that may be just cause I got to exercise my brain and my gambiting skills)
You guys agree?

MOST things seem to go up by eleven whenever they're found by Dryu. He's like a sentient Awesome Detector. And I was just considered for a managerial position by the Wicked Witch of the west. Yeah, I'd say that was pretty damned awesome... :P although I have NO idea what I'ddo if she picked me.

If only applying for jobs in normal situations had the same potential success rate...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:06 am

Well... wow. This ARG has so much potential for emergent behavior, it's hilariously awesome! :mrgreen:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:32 am

I lol'd at the entire list of comments on the witch's blog so I left one myself.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:37 am

Okay, so you guys spent one day fighting and sending job applications to an evil witch.

*beat*

I am so proud of you guys :twisted:
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby ToMorning on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:48 am

This thread is the most hilarious thing on the forum right now. I almost feel sorry for the witch-- she must have such a headache by now!

Dryunya wrote:Now that I think about it, helping the witch run for president is kind of like what the internet could easily fall for. If there really is a meme-bending master among us, we can make her appear on actual news. :mrgreen:

I feel like this needs to happen. Can we please make this happen? Dangit, I knew I shouldn't have slept through all those meme-bending lessons. :oops:
ToMorning

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:53 am

ToMorning wrote:This thread is the most hilarious thing on the forum right now. I almost feel sorry for the witch-- she must have such a headache by now!

Dryunya wrote:Now that I think about it, helping the witch run for president is kind of like what the internet could easily fall for. If there really is a meme-bending master among us, we can make her appear on actual news. :mrgreen:

I feel like this needs to happen. Can we please make this happen? Dangit, I knew I shouldn't have slept through all those meme-bending lessons. :oops:

Wohever's chosen, the hivemind will contribute so this will happen. Flying monkeys will make an awesome meme.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:19 am

I was gone yesterday, so I sent in my application this morning. No response yet.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:35 am

narrativedilettante wrote:I was gone yesterday, so I sent in my application this morning. No response yet.

Same here. Though I'm not really trying to get choosen, with what I said in my email and all.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:58 pm

YOU'RE NOT GONNA TELL ME THIS IS A FUCKING CONICIDENCE. :shock:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Dryunya wrote:YOU'RE NOT GONNA TELL ME THIS IS A FUCKING CONICIDENCE. :shock:

:lol: I really need to catch up with Cracked newest articles.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:02 pm

But, it is. If it wasn't the wickedwitch.com would redirect to her blog. Opportunity Lost there puppetmasters... Opportunity Lost...
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:04 pm

Awesome poster. Could be that a player or GM made it.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:06 pm

If they buy the domain, oh Lord, that would be hilarious and :gurt:
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:07 pm

I've also mentioned that I'd try to use memetics to promote the witch. Alas, I have no experience at launching memes. Maybe I really should have spent my adolescence at 4chan. :gurt:
And, from what I've seen, that's sort of the plan the witch is going to approve. Expect that our next task will be making the witch go viral.

I keep asking myself, how is that justified from the point of common sense. Promoting the witch can hardly help us fix the wall.
But it's undeniably hilarious. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Victin wrote:If they buy the domain, oh Lord, that would be hilarious and :gurt:

Drink!

And yeah thay would be awesome. If only it was a bit earlier we could have done a full viral campaign.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:17 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Victin wrote:If they buy the domain, oh Lord, that would be hilarious and :gurt:

Drink!

And yeah thay would be awesome. If only it was a bit earlier we could have done a full viral campaign.

I can't drink, I am underage :gurt:
Victin

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch