LJS Riddle

"There's never a man looked me between the eyes and seen a good day a'terward."

"Every man desires to live long, but no man wishes to be old.”

[Gulliver refictionalized 27 Nov 2012]
[LJS refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Riddles

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:25 pm

I'm back only for a moment. Due to unforseen circumstances, I've been away far longer than I wanted to be, and I will have to leave again in just a moment. You guys may be doing this alone. T.T I really wanted to be here when we did this... I'll try to get back as fast as possible.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:26 pm

So, what is the riddle status?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:38 pm

There's only one man in charge of the puzzle, and that man hasn't posted yet. There's a whole day ahead. Be patient, guys.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Dryunya wrote:There's only one man in charge of the puzzle, and that man hasn't posted yet. There's a whole day ahead. Be patient, guys.

You mean a woman?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:54 pm

Of course I do. I'm not sure it's applicable, though (for me, "woman" is associated with more of a middle-aged one), and saying "human" is just ridiculous. I may be wrong, but whatever. Let's not offtop further. :|
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Accela on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:43 pm

Don't worry, people, I am still going down there. I just have to wait for my ride to finish watching his football team get their butts kicked.
Accela
Meta-Knight

Postby Flitterbie on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:57 pm

Accela wrote:Don't worry, people, I am still going down there. I just have to wait for my ride to finish watching his football team get their butts kicked.

Ah, take your time, 'snot like reality's collapsing or anything.

I kid, I kid.
Flitterbie

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:07 pm

Never fear, the Take Your Time trope is played straight in this game. :gurt:
Dryunya

Postby Flitterbie on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Dryunya wrote:Never fear, the Take Your Time trope is played straight in this game. :gurt:

At least, we THINK it is...

This could easily be like Minish Cap.
Flitterbie

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:28 pm

Did I make it back on time? The printing presses at the local paper broke down, so I had to do three Sunday paper routes just now as opposed to at 3:00 AM like I normally do them.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Flitterbie on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Did I make it back on time? The printing presses at the local paper broke down, so I had to do three Sunday paper routes just now as opposed to at 3:00 AM like I normally do them.

Accela hasn't not been to the statue yet.
Flitterbie

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Flitterbie wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Did I make it back on time? The printing presses at the local paper broke down, so I had to do three Sunday paper routes just now as opposed to at 3:00 AM like I normally do them.

Accela hasn't not been to the statue yet.

Though she will be. She's just waiting on her sports-oholic ride to be free of his football-watching duties. :P
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Ah, good, so I haven't missed it yet.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby The Finch on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:27 pm

Waiting for Accela is so boring!

EDIT: CRAP, I SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID THAT
Last edited by The Finch on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Accela on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:43 pm

I'm here, guys! Uploading the photos I took. I didn't see any message in a bottle or anything like that, and there were two sets of "six fish swimming towards the sea". Took photos of both sets, the plaque, the artist dedication, and a plaque on the side rails one of the fish was pointing towards.
Accela
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:45 pm

Accela wrote:I'm here, guys! Uploading the photos I took. I didn't see any message in a bottle or anything like that, and there were two sets of "six fish swimming towards the sea". Took photos of both sets, the plaque, the artist dedication, and a plaque on the side rails one of the fish was pointing towards.

Are you still on-site? Mr. A implied that there would e an object waiting there for you.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Accela on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:47 pm

I'm still close by, but we'd have to pay for parking again. I saw no object nearby.

Wait, ride just informed me he saw something. Going back.
Last edited by Accela on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Accela
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Accela wrote:I'm still close by, but we'd have to pay for parking again. I saw no object nearby.

OK, beginning analysis. I hope we get what we need.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Finch on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:48 pm

HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS FOLKS

THINGS ARE GETTING INTERESTING
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby ToMorning on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:49 pm

I think the fish look kind of hollow from the photo. Maybe there's something behind one of them. The riddle seemed to emphasize the fish swimming towards the plaque.
ToMorning

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Accela wrote:I'm still close by, but we'd have to pay for parking again. I saw no object nearby.

Understood. A close examination of the fish is required, as well as the area around the statue. Make sure to sight down the line that the fish aiming for the plaque is taking and check the ground/whatever it is pointing towards.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby DAcriznips on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:54 pm

it could in a hollow space behind (or inside) the fish in question. or maybe in the sand near the statue where the fish looking at, but then again I have no idea
The World is Quiet Here
DAcriznips

Postby Flitterbie on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:56 pm

The riddle specifically referred to the fish swimming towards the plaque. Could you take a picture of that fish?
Flitterbie

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Yeah, check the fish specifically (around it, in it even if possible), it makes sense considering the riddle's content now that I think about.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Gulliver & Long John Silver