Echo Chamber

This is for the discussion of topics not covered by the other categories, as well as the Leads Discussion.

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Echo Chamber

Postby Scarab on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:59 pm

So I literally only just thought of this while considering rewatching Echo Chamber from the start.

Were there ANY little hints or clues in the Echo Chamber series that related to the forthcoming ARG, or did you try and keep those things distinctively seperate all the way through? If I WERE ti watch Echo Chamber through again from start to finish ould I start seeing lil' bits and bobs I missed the first time?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Re: Echo Chamber

Postby Rick Healey on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:05 pm

All I'll say is this - one of my first duties on the ARG was to watch all of EC, marathon style, to look for things that could be alluded to.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Connor Fallon on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:07 pm

The Finale of Season 2, being entirely about Mr. A, set up some key details for the ARG. As i've said, its also were Tom stealthily and frankly brilliantly covered his tracks so that you would never tell key ideas had changed. (so much so that I enjoy saying they did because you will never figure out how).

As the ARG is mostly unrelated to the main thread of Echo Chamber, I don't think there is much other than that. But obviosly Tom can speak to that best :)
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby Blurred_9L on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:12 pm

The only thing I noted when I rewatched echo chamber was that Mr. Administrator (and therefore Patrick Kane... or viceversa) had longer hair in the first episodes.
Then again, trying to keep up with everything while watching a show is not recommended... so I could have missed something...
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Tom on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:43 pm

The threads the game picks up on are the long running question of "who is Mr. Administrator", which th ARG asked as "what is mr. Administrator?" The last episode references the inciting incident of the ARG. Echo Chamber's premise is the inverse of the ARG in ways that are probably clear or will become so in season three.

Mark Wallnau cameod in the ARG and so did Ace. There are references to its story but never enough to distract from the story of the game.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Dryunya on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:24 am

Tom wrote:The last episode references the inciting incident of the ARG.

So, how are the infinite retcon and the fourth wall dissection related?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Dana on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:42 am

Dryunya wrote:

Obviously you'll have to wait and see. Duh.
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby JRPictures on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:42 am

Dana wrote:
Dryunya wrote:

As one would expect of course. :ugeek:
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:52 am

I have already troped this as an inverted Stealth Sequel. Do I need to double-subvert it now, or what? :|
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:54 am

Dana wrote:
Dryunya wrote:

Don't we get special privileges for saving the world? There would be no season 3 if it wasn't for us.

(I'm jk btw. I'd rather be surprised)
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dana on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:59 am

Dude your special privilege WAS saving the world :P
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby JRPictures on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:13 am

Dana wrote:Dude your special privilege WAS saving the world :P

Yeah come on man
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Alexander Moser on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:21 am

Well, I think I can reveal one minor secret about Season 3: all of the main cast will be replaced by dinosaurs.
Actor (Joe, Wicked Witch), Video Director, Visual Effects/CG/Post-processing
Alexander Moser
Puppetmaster

Postby JRPictures on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:23 am

Alexander Moser wrote:Well, I think I can reveal one minor secret about Season 3: all of the main cast will be replaced by dinosaurs.

....makes sense
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:24 am

Alexander Moser wrote:Well, I think I can reveal one minor secret about Season 3: all of the main cast will be replaced by dinosaurs.

You promised. You'd better deliver. :twisted:
Dryunya

Postby Alexander Moser on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:30 am

I actually do have hopes of a dinosaur-themed episode, and if I have anything at all to say about it I will try to make it happen.
Actor (Joe, Wicked Witch), Video Director, Visual Effects/CG/Post-processing
Alexander Moser
Puppetmaster

Postby BlackWolfe on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:32 am

Dryunya wrote:

You promised. You'd better deliver. :twisted:

I'm with Dryu on this.
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:08 am

Alexander Moser wrote:I actually do have hopes of a dinosaur-themed episode, and if I have anything at all to say about it I will try to make it happen.

DO you have anything to say about it?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby BlackWolfe on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:13 am

Well, in discussing this in the chat, I got it in my head to check for public domain movies featuring dinosaurs, and I discovered that "The Lost World" (the 1925 film based on Arthur Conan Doyle's novel, not the Jurassic Park sequel) is public domain, so there's "Stock Dinosaur Footage" right there... :D
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby Scarab on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:07 am

BlackWolfe wrote:Well, in discussing this in the chat, I got it in my head to check for public domain movies featuring dinosaurs, and I discovered that "The Lost World" (the 1925 film based on Arthur Conan Doyle's novel, not the Jurassic Park sequel) is public domain, so there's "Stock Dinosaur Footage" right there... :D

Yeah there's a thought, what are the current copyrights on Ray Harryhausen's stuff? Because those MODELS, man... it could've been awesome to get his work invovled, even if it was just a wall defence session.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Jeroic9 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:01 pm

Dryunya wrote:

I didn't link the two in my brain until Tom gave the hint. My random guess time: Prime broke the wall to see how to best get the infinite retcon to work?

Takin' all bets.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm

Jeroic9 wrote:
Dryunya wrote:

I didn't link the two in my brain until Tom gave the hint. My random guess time: Prime broke the wall to see how to best get the infinite retcon to work?

Takin' all bets.

I just automatically assumed they were connected, but Mr. Administrator insisted that the crisis created by Zack's departure was unconnected to the crisis regarding the fourth wall. Now it seems that maybe it's not ENTIRELY unrelated? Anyway, I'm excited to see what happens in Season 3!
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Tom on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:14 pm

Dryunya wrote:I have already troped this as an inverted Stealth Sequel. Do I need to double-subvert it now, or what? :|

It's part of the same world and continuity but has different protagonists. What you just described works, but you might be over thinking it.

Season 3 needs to be funded before we can confirm any details about what might happen in it. That has more to do with us not wanting to plot it out and find our work was wasted, than us being coy.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Return to General