Monster on the Other Side

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: Monster on the Other Side

Postby Lordxana0 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:22 am

Well he says he is a no nonsense kinda lime so I am pretty sure just asking him would be the best idea.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby AceOfSpades on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:23 am

To tell you the truth I been curious about that too.
An Ace is the difference between a good hand and a bust.
AceOfSpades

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:25 am

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:What is your lime man plan? I don't think it's been discussed?

Look a few posts above yours. Re-posting for convenience.

Sicon112 wrote:You know, I just now realized that we may be ignoring our best source of information. After all, who better to rely on than LIME-MAN!

In all seriousness, though, the awesomest lime in the world just so happens to be on the other side of the wall, AND have the stated purpose of letting us know when there is trouble over there. There seems to be only one setback; namely, the fact that his Twitter is overseen by, and likely actually used by Mr. A's EGGS instantiation, leaving a very real possibility for Mr. A to keep back some info. Still, even if that happens, it might be worth it to ask him. If, due to Mr. A, he ignores us, refuses to answer, or outright LIES, that can tell us things too.

For example: Ignoring a set of near identical questions from many players may imply that this tangent is not actually important at the moment in a meta sense.
A refusal to answer should obviously mean more suspicion leveled at Mr. A, an increased likelihood that he has something to do with the root of the issue, and an ever growing possibility that the guardians have become his puppets.
An outright lie will likely be crafted so that we cannot, at this time, tell it from the truth, so any actual answer should be taken with a pinch of salt. However, I think this is the least likely of the options, as there is very little for Mr. A to gain from it, and in any case will send us down the path that the 'puppet masters' want us to head down, thereby advancing the 'plot'.

I suspect that the most likely result will be a cryptic answer (If this is relevant) or total shunning (If it isn't).

And also:

Sicon112 wrote:Try not to think about it and let's just go back to what we were doing. Also, no one at all is going to take up the Lime man idea? I would, but I have no Twitter, and it would be safer for more people to tweet him at once with the same question, thus making data collected in the event of an ignoring more reliable.

I don't see much of a problem with it. Mr. A already knows what I suggested, most likely, as I confirmed that he was on the forum at the time of posting. In fact, that was just another aspect of my plan. If he tries to react in a way different than the ones I have suggested, I can add to some data I have been collecting on the side.

Basically, what I'm saying is: it won't hurt to try, and I've managed to plan for every possible outcome my human brain can calculate.

P.S. Yes, Mr. A, I purposely posted this while you were online AGAIN. Problem? 8-)
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:00 am

Has anyone put the Lime-man plan into action?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:05 am

I would, but I have no Twitter account. If no one else will, I might create one, but I don't really like making accounts, which is why I usually just lurk.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:10 am

I have a twitter, what questions should I be asking?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:11 am

I asked him some general questions about the situation on the other side. No reply so far.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:14 am

If you DO implement the plan, be careful how you ask the question. Mr. A, through EGGS, may attempt to use your Exact Words against you. Just focus on trying to get any information Mr. A and the guardians know about strange events, disturbances, and characters on the other side. After watching Mr. A's UPDATE again, I am finding it increasingly likely that unless we ask the right question, we are going to get an answer that essentially consists of "I don't know".

EDIT: Wow, looks like Dryu is way ahead of me. Nice one, man.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:42 am

Sicon112 wrote:unless we ask the right question, we are going to get an answer that essentially consists of "I don't know".

He said "We can't answer that". That's important, for obvious reason.

I'm not very good at word-twisting, but I don't see how my tweet could be misunderstood. Unless, of course, EGGS pulls a "From A Certain Point Of View" - for all we know, he may just say "everything is fine" as "everything is going according to the plan (evil laugh)".
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:16 pm

I asked like man if anything near the wall is scaring him. No reply :/
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Just got a reply from Gurt.

"I'm a hardened lime. NOTHING scares me. Nothing except watermelons. They're GIGANTIC."

We're either not gonna get any straight answers from him, or I asked the wrong question.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:50 pm

I asked him whether everything was quiet, and whether the instantiations behaved. He only replied to the latter! (And, if I didn't misunderstand, he said that he does trust Mr. A.) He did say in the other tweet that there is some secrecy involved, though, and that we are may see some "juicy developments".
He does seem the be in character. I think he's trustworthy.
Dryunya

Postby ElevenMinus10 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Sorry to butt in, but is there any proof that there is a monster on the other side other than the fictionals running out and not wanting to go back? Because that seems very... i dont know vague to me, I theorize that there isnt a monster, that might explain why gurt says there is nothing scary on the other side of the wall, but if there is a monster i do not think it is breaking the wall...
I have a very long theory if anyone would like to hear it, but in short i think we are breaking the wall...
Last edited by ElevenMinus10 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElevenMinus10

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:27 pm

All Gurt's comment proved was that the wall wasn't being broken by a GIGANTIC WATERMELON.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:29 pm

ElevenMinus10 wrote:I have a very long theory if anyone would like to hear it, but in short i think we are breaking the wall...

I think it would be safer to create a separate thread for your theory, so that we wouldn't derail this one.

And no, there is absolutely no solid proof to the monster theory. It's just a speculation that somehow got more popular. We are trying to prove or disprove it, though.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:08 pm

OK, you guys did a great job. We got a good set of replies here, and I got plenty to work with. The main important parts of Gurt's convo's appear to be the last two tweets; namely
Everything is pretty HUSHx2 right now, but we may see some juicy developments soon.
and
I trust the Administrators as far as I can throw em. Good thing I'm STRONG as HELL. I can throw FAR. #collegefootball #Iwastheball

I'm in too much of a hurry at the moment to do a total breakdown analysis, but I would say that the most likely option is probably that Gurt is telling us that, for the moment at least, this is off track. The way he answered seems to imply that while there may very well be something going on on the other side of the wall, we are trying to deal with it at the wrong time in the 'plot' as it were.

My personal opinion is that, at the current time, we lack enough information to proceed down this path, and as Gurt's responses indicate, Mr. A and the higher ups don't want to provide it yet. The cat is quite obviously hinting at something, and it wouldn't be a waste of time to keep chatting with him to see how much he is willing to divulge, but for the moment I think we have reached the limits of this theory. As soon as something comes up in the main 'plot', we should probably shelve things temporarily.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Awesomeness by Genre Savvy Analysis. I think I've just become your fan. :mrgreen:
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Thanks, but that was just the result of floating around TVTropes for three years... I give them all the credit.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby ElevenMinus10 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:55 pm

Hey has anyone asked how the folks on the other side view the wall? I think its important to know exactly what the fictionals are up to over there in regards to the wall.
ElevenMinus10

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:54 pm

ElevenMinus10 wrote:Hey has anyone asked how the folks on the other side view the wall? I think its important to know exactly what the fictionals are up to over there in regards to the wall.

Good point. I wonder how many of them even know about it- hell, how many of them are even affected by it.

Also, Ace, I get that you're eager to milk reality intersecting with fiction for all its worth, but seriously, man, what're you trying to get at, here? You're a dream-walker or something? Look, you're either a player- a completely human, completely normal player- or you're a fictional character. Now, I'm pretty sure you're not a fictional character, so...
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby AceOfSpades on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Let me ask you something, since when did either Joe or Ed ever say this was an ARG? Ed said it was a crazy theory and Joe outright said no on his comment special.
An Ace is the difference between a good hand and a bust.
AceOfSpades

Postby Adell on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:03 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:Let me ask you something, since when did either Joe or Ed ever say this was an ARG? Ed said it was a crazy theory and Joe outright said no on his comment special.

As far as this forum is concerned, this isn't an 'arg' but there's still no reason to be making up stuff on the fly and potentially misleading other players. We don't want things anymore confusing after the whole rEALITYENDS thing.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:04 pm

I believe it's called kayfabe.

EDIT: I still don't know what rEALITY eNDS was all about. Is he a character or not?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby JackAlsworth on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:17 pm

rEALITY eNDS wasn't a character in the sense I think you're talking about. He/she was a player on Twitter who got very into character and threw us all off track, because we were taking what he/she was saying at face value.
JackAlsworth

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Ah right, thanks. It did seem somehow separate from the other twitter players.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion