Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby RotavatoR on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:47 pm

We are of course not 100% certain that the therapist's patient is Sweeney Todd. However, if he turns out to indeed be the Demon Barber of Fleet Street, which I'm sure you'll agree is a Name To Run Away From Really Fast, then I think we're taking the wrong approach.

We are trying to protect several people, most notably the therapist, from getting in danger. What we are forgetting though, is that "Sweeney" is a fictite as well, albeit, unlike the others, a Villain Protagonist. This means he has to be kept out of danger himself, or we might not be able to send him back. Since we are not able to contact him (he may have fled and may be on the run), I think we should put Holmes and Poirot on the case. They may be able to track him down if they join forces.

And about the notebook: Although I'm sure it will reveal a lot about the patient, I think "Sweeney" is using a fake name, so we won't find his name in the notebook.

Also, as you may have noticed, I'm new here, and I hope I'm not sounding like a Know-Nothing Know-It-All, but these are just my thoughts on this case :ugeek:
User avatar
RotavatoR
 
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:50 pm

RotavatoR wrote:We are of course not 100% certain that the therapist's patient is Sweeney Todd. However, if he turns out to indeed be the Demon Barber of Fleet Street, which I'm sure you'll agree is a Name To Run Away From Really Fast, then I think we're taking the wrong approach.

We are trying to protect several people, most notably the therapist, from getting in danger. What we are forgetting though, is that "Sweeney" is a fictite as well, albeit, unlike the others, a Villain Protagonist. This means he has to be kept out of danger himself, or we might not be able to send him back. Since we are not able to contact him (he may have fled and may be on the run), I think we should put Holmes and Poirot on the case. They may be able to track him down if they join forces.

And about the notebook: Although I'm sure it will reveal a lot about the patient, I think "Sweeney" is using a fake name, so we won't find his name in the notebook.

Also, as you may have noticed, I'm new here, and I hope I'm not sounding like a Know-Nothing Know-It-All, but these are just my thoughts on this case :ugeek:


I counted several tropes mentioned.

*Slap, slap, slap*

Take a drink for each one.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:53 pm

RotavatoR wrote:We are of course not 100% certain that the therapist's patient is Sweeney Todd. However, if he turns out to indeed be the Demon Barber of Fleet Street, which I'm sure you'll agree is a Name To Run Away From Really Fast, then I think we're taking the wrong approach.

We are trying to protect several people, most notably the therapist, from getting in danger. What we are forgetting though, is that "Sweeney" is a fictite as well, albeit, unlike the others, a Villain Protagonist. This means he has to be kept out of danger himself, or we might not be able to send him back. Since we are not able to contact him (he may have fled and may be on the run), I think we should put Holmes and Poirot on the case. They may be able to track him down if they join forces.

And about the notebook: Although I'm sure it will reveal a lot about the patient, I think "Sweeney" is using a fake name, so we won't find his name in the notebook.

Also, as you may have noticed, I'm new here, and I hope I'm not sounding like a Know-Nothing Know-It-All, but these are just my thoughts on this case :ugeek:


Suspicion at this point is that the patient is indeed Todd, as evidence suggests. Also, due to a slip in the therapist's posts where she gave what could be his initials (or in this case, the initials of the fake name) we believe he is using his true name, which, as I am not very knowledgeable on his story, I forgot again.

Second, it seems like the plot is about to drag the detectives over to Boston anyway, so little action on our part will be necessary. For the moment we are playing a reactive role, so we should just wait until something develops further along this plot line.

You seem like you know things around here pretty well, which is impressive for a newcomer. Don't hesitate to post other theories or plans whenever they occur to you. Also, welcome to the forum.

Blast it, never, you ninja'd me. I wanted to slap him...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:55 pm

The therapist used the initials BB, which stand for Benjamin Barker, Sweeney's name before his exile. This may or may not be the name he's using right now.
User avatar
JackAlsworth
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:40 pm
Location: Western Washington State

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:56 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:The therapist used the initials BB, which stand for Benjamin Barker, Sweeney's name before his exile. This may or may not be the name he's using right now.


And the restaurant that the phyciatrist went to was located on Fleet Street.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
User avatar
The Finch
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: 3177 Lansing Dr. St. Ann, MO.

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby RotavatoR on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Ok, so Let Me Get This Straight: If the notebook mentions that BB stands for Benjamin Barker, then cAke will confirm that we've found Sweeney? That would be kind of Todd to me, because all the other characters have been confirmed by social media (either a blog or twitter). It all feels like a Moon Logic Puzzle to me.

(cheers)
User avatar
RotavatoR
 
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:10 pm

RotavatoR wrote:Ok, so Let Me Get This Straight: If the notebook mentions that BB stands for Benjamin Barker, then cAke will confirm that we've found Sweeney? That would be kind of Todd to me, because all the other characters have been confirmed by social media (either a blog or twitter). It all feels like a Moon Logic Puzzle to me.

(cheers)


*slappityslapslap* *chugs the green stuff from the Coffee House*
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:12 pm

RotavatoR wrote:Ok, so Let Me Get This Straight: If the notebook mentions that BB stands for Benjamin Barker, then cAke will confirm that we've found Sweeney? That would be kind of Todd to me, because all the other characters have been confirmed by social media (either a blog or twitter). It all feels like a Moon Logic Puzzle to me.

(cheers)


If your confused by the slaps, read the Drinking Game thread. We also have an active pun thread which you are very welcome to contribute to.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:29 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:Ok, so Let Me Get This Straight: If the notebook mentions that BB stands for Benjamin Barker, then cAke will confirm that we've found Sweeney? That would be kind of Todd to me, because all the other characters have been confirmed by social media (either a blog or twitter). It all feels like a Moon Logic Puzzle to me.

(cheers)


If your confused by the slaps, read the Drinking Game thread. We also have an active pun thread which you are very welcome to contribute to.


And a Pony Thread.

250 POSTS! :D
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
User avatar
The Finch
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: 3177 Lansing Dr. St. Ann, MO.

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:30 pm

The Finch wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:Ok, so Let Me Get This Straight: If the notebook mentions that BB stands for Benjamin Barker, then cAke will confirm that we've found Sweeney? That would be kind of Todd to me, because all the other characters have been confirmed by social media (either a blog or twitter). It all feels like a Moon Logic Puzzle to me.

(cheers)


If your confused by the slaps, read the Drinking Game thread. We also have an active pun thread which you are very welcome to contribute to.


And a Pony Thread.

250 POSTS! :D


Congratupony!

(Yes I know and I don't care)
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:32 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
The Finch wrote:And a Pony Thread.

250 POSTS! :D


Congratupony!

(Yes I know and I don't care)


I see you one congratupony and raise you a congratupenguin.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:33 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
The Finch wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:
If your confused by the slaps, read the Drinking Game thread. We also have an active pun thread which you are very welcome to contribute to.


And a Pony Thread.

250 POSTS! :D


Congratupony!

(Yes I know and I don't care)


Thanks! Now you have to drink and post in the MLP thread.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
User avatar
The Finch
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: 3177 Lansing Dr. St. Ann, MO.

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:
The Finch wrote:And a Pony Thread.

250 POSTS! :D


Congratupony!

(Yes I know and I don't care)


I see you one congratupony and raise you a congratupenguin.


How about a congratuponguin?
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:36 pm

NeverSlender wrote:How about a congratuponguin?


Sounds good to me. Now what would that look like... Hmm, I believe I will require more green stuff to be able to imagine it's true form...

Here, slendy, you try some too!
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:38 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:How about a congratuponguin?


Sounds good to me. Now what would that look like... Hmm, I believe I will require more green stuff to be able to imagine it's true form...

Here, slendy, you try some too!


NOOOOOOOO!!! NO MORE DRINKING WITH CTHULHU!!! HE SAID YOG-SOTHOTHS COMING NEXT TIME!!!
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:40 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Sounds good to me. Now what would that look like... Hmm, I believe I will require more green stuff to be able to imagine it's true form...

Here, slendy, you try some too!

NOOOOOOOO!!! NO MORE DRINKING WITH CTHULHU!!! HE SAID YOG-SOTHOTHS COMING NEXT TIME!!!

All gather 'round to drink tea with the Order of Dagon!
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
User avatar
IslaKariese
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Maryland/Virginia

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:41 pm

NeverSlender wrote:NOOOOOOOO!!! NO MORE DRINKING WITH CTHULHU!!! HE SAID YOG-SOTHOTHS COMING NEXT TIME!!!


Hey, that's cool! He almost never comes over...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby RotavatoR on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:42 pm

As much as it was Trope Overdosed and Just For Pun, I did mean Serious Business with my last post. What do you think will be written in the notebook, and at what point will we be 100% certain that BB is Sweeney Todd?
User avatar
RotavatoR
 
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:47 pm

RotavatoR wrote:As much as it was Trope Overdosed and Just For Pun, I did mean Serious Business with my last post. What do you think will be written in the notebook, and at what point will we be 100% certain that BB is Sweeney Todd?


Probably one or two plot developments from now. It is entirely possible that we will not personally need to go after the notebook, since you would think it would have been moved this time. I do think we will find out more abut it, though. In the next couple of plot developments, Todd should be fully confirmed, and Holmes and Poirot may then arrive. (Though it is possible that the puppet masters may change up the plot after that mistake they made. Depends on how much room for variation they wrote into the original plan)

Now... I believe you are due for more slaps. Drinks all round! *pours green stuff down slendy's throat* Here you go, buddy!
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Drinks all round! *pours green stuff down slendy's throat* Here you go, buddy!

...You're an idiot.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
User avatar
IslaKariese
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Maryland/Virginia

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:As much as it was Trope Overdosed and Just For Pun, I did mean Serious Business with my last post. What do you think will be written in the notebook, and at what point will we be 100% certain that BB is Sweeney Todd?


Probably one or two plot developments from now. It is entirely possible that we will not personally need to go after the notebook, since you would think it would have been moved this time. I do think we will find out more abut it, though. In the next couple of plot developments, Todd should be fully confirmed, and Holmes and Poirot may then arrive. (Though it is possible that the puppet masters may change up the plot after that mistake they made. Depends on how much room for variation they wrote into the original plan)

Now... I believe you are due for more slaps. Drinks all round! *pours green stuff down slendy's throat* Here you go, buddy!


You monster. You don't know what you've done.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:As much as it was Trope Overdosed and Just For Pun, I did mean Serious Business with my last post. What do you think will be written in the notebook, and at what point will we be 100% certain that BB is Sweeney Todd?


Probably one or two plot developments from now. It is entirely possible that we will not personally need to go after the notebook, since you would think it would have been moved this time. I do think we will find out more abut it, though. In the next couple of plot developments, Todd should be fully confirmed, and Holmes and Poirot may then arrive. (Though it is possible that the puppet masters may change up the plot after that mistake they made. Depends on how much room for variation they wrote into the original plan)

Now... I believe you are due for more slaps. Drinks all round! *pours green stuff down slendy's throat* Here you go, buddy!


WHAT THE FUDGE IS WRONG WITH YOU
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
User avatar
The Finch
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: 3177 Lansing Dr. St. Ann, MO.

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby Wysp on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:26 pm

I'm considering dropping the name Benjamin Barker in casual conversation with Ms. Matters. Thoughts?
Wysp
 
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:37 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Wysp wrote:I'm considering dropping the name Benjamin Barker in casual conversation with Ms. Matters. Thoughts?


Hmmmmmm... Perhaps you should type up something and let someone else do it, or post with a different e-mail or name. I don't want her to stop talking to you. You're our best agent in this field.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Protecting "Sweeney Todd" and the notebook

Postby Wysp on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:29 pm

Good point.

Who wants to volunteer? I can't guarantee she won't see my IP attached to my post. Really all you need to do is drop the name and see how she reacts.
Wysp
 
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:37 pm
Location: Virginia

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron