Tara Coulson

"Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind."

[Refictionalized 12 Dec 2012]

Tara Coulson

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:56 pm

That's one of the blogs I've found in the same way as Pixelmage has found those three. I know I've been told it's irrelevant by you, but Mr. A's answer was undefined.
I skimmed through - IT JUST CAN'T BE A REAL BLOG. It seems to contain copious amounts of Stylistic Suck. Also, her account has been hijacked several times, and it's still standing - that's not how one defaces a blog. I have no idea how it may be related, though. There are no character references. I thought of checking the addresses she mentioned - I know it's pretty much a dropped path, but she may be related to Echo Chamber (no, she wasn't present in the cast).

Basically, I may be researching it in my spare time. So far, it's one of those points that may or may not be of use, like that Hummingbird guy. If you notice anything, feel free to share.

Maybe she's the daughter of Agent Coulson? ^__^
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: Tara Coulson

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:03 pm

META - Maybe she is part of another ARG
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Victin wrote:META - Maybe she is part of another ARG

I was just considering the possibility myself.
I can't see what connection she has to fiction but... yeah, there's soemthing about this which isn't quite right. I can't for the life of me tell what it is. That latest hacked entry there is... honestly disturbing.

Google fu is failing me, personally, but good luck in your hunt. Let's see if anything comes of this.

How DID Pixelmage find those three, by the by? I was asleep at the time...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:22 pm

Scarab wrote:How DID Pixelmage find those three, by the by? I was asleep at the time...

I used some Google Fu myself. Holmes' and the Witch's blogs are on ezblog.co, so, what if there are other characters with blogs there?
Gulliver was in the first page of results. As was Julliet. Romeo was on the second... But I didn't go very deep into the search because I was afraid of sequence breaking the whole thing. Asked our resident meta-guy how to handle the newfound Brown Note and sent the info to Ed. Later they decided to publish it on the main site.

I did stumble on this Tara too... But her blog's posts go all the way back to April, not fitting our current working time frame at all, so I just skipped it.
Sure, looking at it now it seems weird... But... Did we just stumble upon another running ARG? What are the odds of that?
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Flitterbie on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Scarab wrote:How DID Pixelmage find those three, by the by? I was asleep at the time...

I used some Google Fu myself. Holmes' and the Witch's blogs are on ezblog.co, so, what if there are other characters with blogs there?
Gulliver was in the first page of results. As was Julliet. Romeo was on the second... But I didn't go very deep into the search because I was afraid of sequence breaking the whole thing. Asked our resident meta-guy how to handle the newfound Brown Note and sent the info to Ed. Later they decided to publish it on the main site.

I did stumble on this Tara too... But her blog's posts go all the way back to April, not fitting our current working time frame at all, so I just skipped it.
Sure, looking at it now it seems weird... But... Did we just stumble upon another running ARG? What are the odds of that?

Hopefully really good?

I hope it's a Slenderblog.
Flitterbie

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Suddenly, I see our puppetmasters teaming up with other puppetmasters to get both ARGs together.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Flitterbie on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:30 pm

Victin wrote:Suddenly, I see our puppetmasters teaming up with other puppetmasters to get both ARGs together.

Hence why I hope it's a Slenderblog.
Flitterbie

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Victin wrote:Suddenly, I see our puppetmasters teaming up with other puppetmasters to get both ARGs together.

We need to go deeper.

Ok. I actually think that ARG-Welding (heh heh, pun :D ) is highly unlikely. Just because. Also, her blog doesn't have to match the timeline, as she seems to be a "real" person. It did start before the EC season 2 ended, though. Maybe they were just thinking way ahead.

UPD: I've checked the other 2 unrelated blogs, and it seems that no blogs have any entries before March 2012. I'm almost certain that the ezblog.co domain was created exclusively for the ARG. I mean - it says that it accepts the first 100 blogs, and then there are only 3 blogs that are not directly connected to the ARG, and it doesn't accept any more blogs! What are the odds?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Dryunya wrote:

We need to go deeper.

Ok. I actually think that ARG-Welding (heh heh, pun :D ) is highly unlikely. Just because. Also, her blog doesn't have to match the timeline, as she seems to be a "real" person. It did start before the EC season 2 ended, though. Maybe they were just thinking way ahead.

UPD: I've checked the other 2 unrelated blogs, and it seems that no blogs have any entries before March 2012. I'm almost certain that the ezblog.co domain was created exclusively for the ARG. I mean - it says that it accepts the first 100 blogs, and then there are only 3 blogs that are not directly connected to the ARG, and it doesn't accept any more blogs! What are the odds?

Working on the theory that our little meta cheat was planned for, these could well enough be Red Herrings... But then again... Creating a domain for the ARG is suspicious. Now I'll have to try some deep mining and perhaps try some other patterns :twisted: If anything, the new .net pages mean that they have planned for someone blowing the cover of some earlier characters... But I won't have time to do it today. :(
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:02 pm

whois.co wrote:Domain Registration Date Fri Mar 23 00:08:55 GMT 2012
Domain Expiration Sat Mar 22 23:59:59 GMT 2014
Last Updated: Tue Mar 27 Domain 2012 19:38:43 GMT

Shazam, beatch. :gurt:
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Dryunya wrote:
whois.co wrote:Domain Registration Date Fri Mar 23 00:08:55 GMT 2012
Domain Expiration Sat Mar 22 23:59:59 GMT 2014
Last Updated: Tue Mar 27 Domain 2012 19:38:43 GMT

Shazam, beatch. :gurt:

*sigh* You people. Even I don't take being Meta to this extreme...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Sicon112 wrote:*sigh* You people. Even I don't take being Meta to this extreme...

Can't help it. Anyway... I think we can all agree to NOT post any possible reveal directly on the forum, right? Let's just follow the first video's guideline: Send the weirdness to Joe. He decides whether or not to reveal it.
It's just that instead of meeting a Plague Doctor on street by chance we're actually looking around our playground for the weird stuff.

Had to put it here, but I don't really think anyone besides me and Dryu are really looking into this kind of search...
Last edited by Pixelmage on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:09 pm

WMG: The domain was registered by "the benefactor".
Ahem, disproved by the therapist, who didn't have any reasons to pick this domain.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:48 pm

I've taken a look on the other two blogs. There are just a few entries in both of them. Which is weird for the first one, as it allegedly belongs to that guy, who has a ton of followers (and he is indirectly related to EC crew). I've already tweeted him for confirmation.
As for the second one...
The last entry in there is about making the bacon cake.
I mean, seriously?! Bacon cake?! :ugeek:
Dryunya

Postby Goldude on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:49 pm

I would eat bacon cake. It sounds delicious.
1st official attempted Spanner In The Works and light in the darkness.
Goldude

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Clearly that is the best blog ever.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:00 pm

I had an idea which I first thought of when the clear facts blog was found in the witches article. Maybe these blogs were practise for the ARG, so they could get used to writing a fictional persons blog.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:34 pm

Tara Coulson is the girl Quixote is chasing
BUMPITY BUMPITY
RotavatoR

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:35 pm

The blogjacker is Tripky.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:55 pm

This may have been stupid, but I tweeted Don her blog
:oops:
RotavatoR

Postby JRPictures on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:58 pm

RotavatoR wrote:This may have been stupid, but I tweeted Don her blog

Nah... :? maybe
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Jopalopa on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:02 pm

Hey, so we're equal, I told Tara that Quixote has the hots for her, which was probably also pretty stupid. Not moderated yet though.
Jopalopa

Postby Crewe on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:02 pm

A Google search shows that "Jeff Hope" is the name of a villain from Sherlock Holmes.

Of course, it could be unrelated.
Crewe

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:03 pm

Jopalopa wrote:

Hey, so we're equal, I told Tara that Quixote has the hots for her, which was probably also pretty stupid. Not moderated yet though.

It it's a legit discovery (and looks like it is), they'll only mod it through after recognizing the blog on twitter.
Pixelmage

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Jopalopa wrote:

It it's a legit discovery (and looks like it is), they'll only mod it through after recognizing the blog on twitter.

Yes, but I mean, Don might knows the place she works now, because it's in her blog somewhere. If he goes to that restaurant right now and shows her the pics, he could very easily get in trouble.
Thank you for replying btw, I was getting worried.
RotavatoR

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Don Quixote