WE NEED YOU AS A FLYING MONKEY!
RotavatoR

Re: Campaign Management Plotting

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:57 pm

RotavatoR wrote:PITCH THE WITCH!
VOTE FOR THE GREEN MEAN MAGIC MACHINE!
WE NEED YOU AS A FLYING MONKEY!

...We'll add those to the 'maybe' list

Gonna email her about maybe getting that slogan on the poster changed a little...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:40 pm

Scarab wrote:I like the tone of the "not subtle" idea but can we condense it into fewer words?

"Honestly evil"?
"At least you know what to expect"? :)

Oh, wait! "Now in Kansas!" :D

And, btw. It doesn't really count as a "viral promotion", but after the latest xkcd I just couldn't help it, registered on Randall's forum and shared my worries (I mean, seriously - first that monkey poster on Cracked, now this - a couple of days ago I was pretty sure the wall wasn't actually cracking IRL!). If they don't ban me immediately for shameless promotion (I didn't leave the links, though - those who get interested can google it up), we may get some new guys.
(In case those new guys read this - spamming wasn't my actual goal! :roll: )
Also, I think that counts as that "site frequented by smart people". :D
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Scarab wrote:I like the tone of the "not subtle" idea but can we condense it into fewer words?

"Honestly evil"?
"At least you know what to expect"? :)

Oh, wait! "Now in Kansas!" :D

And, btw. It doesn't really count as a "viral promotion", but after the latest xkcd I just couldn't help it, registered on Randall's forum and shared my worries (I mean, seriously - first that monkey poster on Cracked, now this - a couple of days ago I was pretty sure the wall wasn't actually cracking IRL!). If they don't ban me immediately for shameless promotion (I didn't leave the links, though - those who get interested can google it up), we may get some new guys.
(In case those new guys read this - spamming wasn't my actual goal! :roll: )
Also, I think that counts as that "site frequented by smart people". :D

Well, it's certainly that and that could well bring in more players who DON'T want everything to go to hell...

Got a couple of variations on that poster from the other comment. I'm... not sure what to do with them (at the risk of breaking everyone's immersion I wanna make sure the original poster creator is OKAY with these changes.) Either way I'll send you and Wacky a link in hopefully not too long a time. The witch still hasn't gotten back to me on the "alternative slogan maybe?" front so when she does, she might have ideas.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:46 pm

I don't know how it can be interpreted in a political way, but how about "No rest for the Wicked"? :gurt: It also points out immediately who is that green hag on the poster (no offense).
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Dryunya wrote:I don't know how it can be interpreted in a political way, but how about "No rest for the Wicked"? :gurt: It also points out immediately who is that green hag on the poster (no offense).

Remember she reads this forum.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:02 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Dryunya wrote:I don't know how it can be interpreted in a political way, but how about "No rest for the Wicked"? :gurt: It also points out immediately who is that green hag on the poster (no offense).

Remember she reads this forum.

It's a good slogan, though. May as well try it, see what she thinks
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:10 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Remember she reads this forum.

I said "no offense"! That is a perfect excuse to be amoral! ;)

I've done a poster template (I removed that huge "vote", in case somebody wants to do a more extensive photoshopping), but I can't upload it in the original size. It doesn't fit into the attachment, and tinypic shrinks in 3 times. =(
Here's what I've uploaded, anyway. If you know where to host the full-sized image... well, tell me. :)
Dryunya

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:11 pm

Dryunya wrote:

I've done a poster template (I removed that huge "vote", in case somebody wants to do a more extensive photoshopping), but I can't upload it in the original size. It doesn't fit into the attachment, and tinypic shrinks in 3 times. =(
Here's what I've uploaded, anyway. If you know where to host the full-sized image... well, tell me. :)

Dropbox?
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:14 pm

Dryunya wrote:

Size aside, it looks great :) We could always create a topic and post the templates and then let people go nuts, see what they come up with. Then people can choose for themselves what to put on it (I'm pretty sure we all know the basics of the campaign

She doesn't much trust us, so maybe this group effort will convicne her otherwise.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Dryunya wrote:

I'm sure the wicked witch of the west will be in full agreement with you.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Adell wrote:Dropbox?

Right! I don't have an account, though, but I think Google Drive will suffice.
Check the link for accessibility: pew.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Adell wrote:Dropbox?

Right! I don't have an account, though, but I think Google Drive will suffice.
Check the link for accessibility: pew.

Works fine for me.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:23 pm

Good. And now excuse me, it's 2 AM here.
Tomorrow I'll try to finally stick to my obligation and make some posters. Maybe even Quixote-proof something.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:09 am

Ok, I'll try to hang some posters with the original "VOTE" and "no rest for the Wicked" slogan. I think 5 of those in strategic places should be enough. If don't get beaten, or something. :?

And, by the way, if you google "* for president", you'll see that we're not the only ones. :D
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:11 am

Dryunya wrote:Ok, I'll try to hang some posters with the original "VOTE" and "no rest for the Wicked" slogan. I think 5 of those in strategic places should be enough. If don't get beaten, or something. :?

And, by the way, if you google "* for president", you'll see that we're not the only ones. :D

I googled it. I found this:

Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:21 am

Soooo... I get to be First Lady?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:23 am

IslaKariese wrote:Soooo... I get to be First Lady?

Yeeesss?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:35 am

NeverSlender wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:Soooo... I get to be First Lady?

Yeeesss?

Yay! *claps hands excitedly*
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Dryunya wrote:Ok, I'll try to hang some posters with the original "VOTE" and "no rest for the Wicked" slogan.

I've realized that trying to find a color printer on a Sunday evening is not exactly the brightest idea. :?
I'll do it tomorrow morning. In the meantime, we may come up with the poster.

For some reason, every slogan starts being stupid the second I actually think of hanging a poster with it. I think we should think about what we need from the slogan.
  1. It needs to make it clear that this is the Wicked Witch of the West we are talking about. This means either referring to her as such, or making the picture simple: to be honest, I don't think the witch's image on the poster is what the people would immediately associate with the Wicked Witch. Maybe we should go with something more stereotypical?
  2. It needs to make it clear that she is running for president.
  3. It needs to make it clear that we're not being serious.
  4. It needs to be brief.
  5. It may consist of 2 parts - the large text in the upper part ("VOTE"), and the text on the black background in the lower part.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Dryunya wrote:Ok, I'll try to hang some posters with the original "VOTE" and "no rest for the Wicked" slogan.

I've realized that trying to find a color printer on a Sunday evening is not exactly the brightest idea. :?
I'll do it tomorrow morning. In the meantime, we may come up with the poster.

For some reason, every slogan starts being stupid the second I actually think of hanging a poster with it. I think we should think about what we need from the slogan.
  1. It needs to make it clear that this is the Wicked Witch of the West we are talking about. This means either referring to her as such, or making the picture simple: to be honest, I don't think the witch's image on the poster is what the people would immediately associate with the Wicked Witch. Maybe we should go with something more stereotypical?
  2. It needs to make it clear that she is running for president.
  3. It needs to make it clear that we're not being serious.
  4. It needs to be brief.
  5. It may consist of 2 parts - the large text in the upper part ("VOTE"), and the text on the black background in the lower part.

This may be silly, but have we considered going with the basic "WICKED WITCH FOR PRESIDENT"? I mean, not like anybody can get THAT mixed up.

Also, time to get the Witch a tv tropes page. I was going to do it but if any of the other Campaigners have the urge to do so?
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:24 pm

That works, but I don't think it's memetic enough. I'm not saying it's bad, but there is room for improvement.

About changing the image - maybe we should take the Witch's image from the film and photoshop it into that cel-shaded Obama's "HOPE" poster? I think that's recognizable enough (that is, the people will recognize both the witch and the promotional poster). Maybe we should write "MAGIC", or something, under it. :gurt:
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Dryunya wrote:That works, but I don't think it's memetic enough. I'm not saying it's bad, but there is room for improvement.

About changing the image - maybe we should take the Witch's image from the film and photoshop it into that cel-shaded Obama's "HOPE" poster? I think that's recognizable enough. Maybe we should write "MAGIC", or something, under it. :gurt:

XD Yeah I like that, I'm sure it would be quite easy to do, as well.

If we're going for something alliterative, how about WICKEDNESS WORKS or something?
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:34 pm

...nah.
Dryunya

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:35 pm

I wanna say something like "Go Green" but I'm not sure it's... well, evil enough.
IslaKariese

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch